Format: Audio CD|Change

on 24 February 2012
What can you say about Jill Scott that so many others haven't already.

I have her 1st three albums and the quality of them had grown on each other. However, when Jill brought out the "Light Of The Sun" album I thought nooooo why have you changed direction and gone to a more commercial vein. That album may of pleased her new followers, but, her true old school neo-soul followers (like myself) would have been highly disappointed.

It seemed strange that by coincidence (or luck) Hidden Beach brought out these sounds from the vaults just after the realease of "Light Of The Sun", and what a great potential they would of seen in this up and coming star. I can't really say Jill Scott is "back" but I will say to all her new followers to buy this album then her following albums to really appreciate the talent of this superstar. When you hear the tracks Wake Up Baby, Running Away and the killa tune Comes To Light you'll know what I mean. The album then closes on a beautiful jazz vocal track. Wonderful!

I play this album as often as I can and am never tired of it. An essential buy, trust me!
on 2 April 2013
I was fortunate enough to see Jill Scottmin concert last year and thought I would add another of her albums to my collection... listening to the album makes it seem as though Summer is here... would recommend to others..
on 25 June 2014
Really pleased with this. Jill's range is good and her music is as ever, thoughtful and what a voice. I would love to hear more of the jazz-influence.
on 4 April 2013
Jill Scott, what can I say.

You are gifted beyond measure.

Please people just buy this if you appreciate real music!
on 29 March 2013
best female artist i have heard recently and have bought loads of her albums
here are another six words needed
on 30 August 2015
Brilliant evocativevoice and great to listen to when driving and relaxing
on 30 October 2011
Jill is my girl, she keeps it real even when reality is uncomfortably raw and painful. She's one of the few artists that sounds better live than on a record...so yes I love this album! My favourite tracks are 'The Light' (piano mix), 'Wondering why' and 'Holding on'. Buy it!
on 25 March 2013
A beautiful album from a lovely girl. Full of fantastic songs, wonderful. A lovely day is full of love. Jill is a beautiful songstress
on 4 March 2015