5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it!
Having had a few fancy coffee machines my criticism was always they were never warm enough -having recently bought a Delonghi Espresso with the milk frother (which is very good by the way)we were still disappointed -so we bought the thermometer to see whether this helps - and it really does. Worth every penny and a hot cup of delicious coffee every time!
Published on 22 Dec 2011 by Mrs W

2.0 out of 5 stars glad i bought 2
The thermometer was fine but the clip did not retain it's strength and is of no use. I did email the company who asked me to contact technichal support, which I tried, and couldn't get through. However i fail to see what technical support has to offer on a clip that doesn't clip!
The second one ,which I went over to using, seems OK so far.
Published on 23 Nov 2012 by mpe

‹ Previous | 115 16 1723 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant product - does just what it was bought for!, 1 Oct 2012
This review is from: Andrew James Milk Frothing Thermometer, High Quality Grade 304 Stainless Steel (Kitchen & Home)
a great little tool that has been very useful in improving our home coffee making experience. getting the milk just right takes practise and this has helped reach the perfect cup of coffee!

well worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Coffee Mate, 29 Sep 2012
Brian Allinson ""Candolim"" (York England) - See all my reviews
Essential piece of kit if you want to make good Flat Whites- Cappucino's etc. Good quality product which sits nicely on the side of your jug with the supplied clip. Buy this item and you are on your way to being a Barista!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget., 17 Sep 2012
After purchasing a gaggia machine I then went for all the gadgets. This thermometer is essential for the perfect milk temperature.
Don't dunk it in the water just wipe clean!
Great item, price and fast delivery. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for making a good latte, 8 Sep 2012
I bought this along with an Andrew James jug to use with my De-Longhi coffee machine.

It's excellent. I'd previously struggled to get my lattes hot enough. I now understand the correct milk temperature to be 140°F - and after using this thermometer I was surprised at how long I needed to steam the milk to get it to the correct temperature. Without this, I would never have steamed the milk for long enough (which explains why my coffee used to be a bit insipid).

I've only had this thermometer for about a week, but already I find it indispensable: I can't imagine making latte without it. More than that, I've actually started using my coffee maker a whole lot more, now that I can get coffee the way I want it.

The thermometer has an adjustable clip, so that it can be attached to your milk jug so you can still see the gauge while you operate the steamer. The probe depth can be adjusted so it doesn't have to scratch the bottom of the jug, if that would worry you. The thermometer can be easily cleaned - I accidentally dropped mine into the washing bowl, and it survived without water ingress (though I wouldn't suggest immersing it just in case). The gauge seems relatively accurate too: it reads at about 20°C when not in use, and goes to below 10°C when in a jug of cold milk from the fridge; steaming milk until the gauge reads 140°F gets my coffee spot on.

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality, given that it was quite cheap. All in all I can't fault it and would highly recommend buying one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value!, 7 Sep 2012
JM (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Brilliant for price and now reluctant to make coffee without it. Only reason it got four stars as the clip fell off after a few uses and doesn't stay on now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Item., 18 Aug 2012
Does what the description says. Nicely made works well. Packaging was sufficient to protect it though the box was crushed at one corner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 25 July 2012
Bought one for my parents and their new coffee maker. They say It works perfectly. :) what else can I ask for?

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate, 9 July 2012
Essential for frothing milk to get the best result. Excellent quality and the thermometer is accurate as I did check the calibration in iced water.Andrew James Milk Frothing Thermometer, High Quality Grade 304 Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect frothy coffee every time., 6 July 2012
This is simplicity itself and works every time. Without the thermometer the heat of the milk was purely guesswork and the coffee could be too hot or too cold. now it is perfect each time I use it in conjunction with the Andrew James s/s Jug and the steam wand on my coffee maker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Milk Jug, 24 Jun 2012
Bought this with the thermometer to use with a coffee machine after reading other reviews. Used a few times now and not disappointed. Just the right size for two cups of cappuccino! Delivered in two days with the standard delivery.

‹ Previous | 115 16 1723 | Next ›