on 13 January 2013
I purchased this guide after looking at many others as it was a clear simple layout with a great many pictures that helped not just me as the photographer, but also every model or customer that I've worked with for Portraits & Portfolios. It's so much easier to show someone what you mean when trying to get them into a particular pose, rather than spending 5 min's trying to explain before having to put them into the position you want, after you've asked them if you can touch them of course. Which is awkward at the best of times. I run a no touch policy at my studio now & this book has most certainly helped me to do this with ease. I'd of happily paid twice the price.
on 23 April 2015
I bought this book as a posing reference for fashion drawing, not for photography, and I found it extremely useful - in the Kindle edition, the quality of the photos is good, they can be zoomed in enough to refer to details and the variety of poses and outfits is great, so can be adapted to many different needs.
Although I am not a photographer, I found the introduction detailing the do's and dont's of fashion photography and posing very interesting as well.
The only critique point is that it would be nice to have different models with different body proportions. The model used is great, but it would have been nice to see how different models look in the same pose.
on 7 March 2013
Although the market needs a book dedicated to posing, this one does not do the job sufficiently. It looks at posing purely from a mechanical point of view, but says almost nothing about emotions, concentration, preparation, physiology, and the health and fitness issues which underpin performance. Worst of all is that the book hasn't been proof-read, and is littered with typos, so it's not a very professional job. A second, more comprehensive and accurate edition would be a lot more useful. It would also be useful to have a section in which models are invited to contribute ideas, rather than hearing it all from the photographer's perspective, given that models are the target audience. Let's hope the second edition isn't so expensive.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 September 2011
I downloaded the DVD version and the book has some good illustartions, however it would seem Simon has not had the title proof read as there are a lot of very basic gramatical errors.

This book will not give you the tools to pose a model youself in a confident manor, but it is a good starting place.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 May 2016
This book shows exactly what it says on the cover. A useful reference work for those starting out in fashion photography.
on 1 May 2014
Fantastic book will recommend. This Fashion poses has opened my perception on posing my subject. I am more confident now
on 3 August 2014
Interesting book for a newbie in posing for models and photographer. My recommendation :-)
on 5 April 2015
Great book the poses and explanations are simple and powerfull
on 11 June 2016
Plenty of poses to work with
on 21 June 2016