5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Easy to Use phone
When I first read details about this phone it had so many excellent features that I thought it sounded too good to be true but I have found that it really is that good.

Published on 21 Nov 2011 by Louisa

3.0 out of 5 stars Problem with Bluetooth
Bought this phone for the wife, she was after a nice simple phone and this seemed to fit the bill. However, when trying to configure the phone to work with a Bluetooth car kit, the phone links up OK but then immediately locks up. The only way to get the phone working again is to take the battery out to reset it. Tried this on both a factory fitted Volvo kit and also a...
Published on 29 Dec 2011 by Paul Briggs

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Easy to Use phone, 21 Nov 2011
This review is from: Doro PhoneEasy 615 GSM Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black (Electronics)

I was looking for an easy to use phone with straight forward features and large keys and having tried many other phones some with good user features but which unfortunateley just didnt quite fit the bill and then I read about the Dobro phones on Amazon I was immediatley impressed.

I decided to send for one to try it out and I was very suprised to find that it is everything it states in the adverts and on the box, perfect for anyone who just wants a straight forward phone and doesnt want all the latest games and gadgets but still wants to text with a choice of normal or large text lettering, and of course make calls with speaker on if required.

A perfect phone for anyone elderly or who have any difficulties with their sight or hearing as the phone can be adjusted quite easily to suit these conditions.

I was so impressed that I have bought an extra phone for my husband who has used the larger keys on the Dobro to finally learn how to text without the fustrating mistakes he used to make from pressing the adjoining keys with his larger fingers on his old phone while texting.

An excellent phone, well recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great if your partially sighted, 1 Feb 2012
I bought this phone for my father who is 86, he is partally sighted and has been unable to use a normal phone. This is great, fairly basic which makes it easy to use. Number keys are large with fairly large print, white letters on black background. It also has a camera which is a big plus. A selection of 20 ring tones to choose from. The sound of the radio is amazing. There is also an emergency call button and a setting if you have a hearing aid. My Father is very pleased with this, as it comes with a detailed instruction booklet which many phones don't now.A good all round little flip phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars The first phone I haven't set up for my mother, 13 Mar 2012
Like most people I bought this for my parents, or rather my mum bought it for herself using my Amazon acount.

So really I am not the person to review this. In fact I haven't had much hands-on time with this phone (Mum denied me the fun I get from playing with new tech toys by setting it up herself).

One thing that was confusing between this and other sellers was the availability of the charging cradle. The phone was supplied with USB power brick, USB cable and charging cradle. In fact the only thing I had to do when I visited my mother was to plug the USB cable into her digital video recorder. This was to fix the one small fault with the phone, if the battery goes flat the clock stops. Since the DVR is always on so all she has to do is to drop the phone into its charging stand without worrying about leaving the charger switched on and wasting power when she isnt using it.

She is now nagging me to teach her how to text. However I bought a Blackberry because I cant text to save my life. (If my niece is reading this, you have a job to do at Nanny's)

Plus points
The package comes with charging station as standard
Good clear menus(Mum got started without me).
Stores important medical details.

Negatives
No secondary battery backup on the clock.
Given the sales pitch my mother is doing for this phone there may be limited supply of handsets.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this phone, 6 Nov 2011
I have had my Doro a month or so now, and am delighted with it. I have needed help from my husband in the past with mobile phones, but I have put the numbers in and done everything easily from the user-friendly instruction book. I am enjoying the camera (though haven't tried downloading to laptop yet), and have finally got round to learning texting, thanks to good instructions on that too. The simplicity and clarity of the display is excellent. The alarm function is useful, also has calendar, FM radio, and other functions, but above all, it is perfect for making and receiving phone calls! This is a happy phone to have. It seems that it is a real blessing for older people who may have various difficulties and needs - however, I reckon it is great for absolutely anyone who wants a good quality phone that is very pleasant to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Warning - 3G can seriously damage your 'phone, 11 Oct 2011
Mr. J. E. Butterworth "Jim B" (Minehead, Somerset United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is proving to be an excellent 'phone that does exactly what it says on the box.

BUT BE WARNED - we are in a rural area with very limited, or no, 3G connectivity. If you leave the 'phone SERVICE SELECTION in automatic then it will search for 3G continuously. Result - very quick battery discharge (under two days) and the message "SOS calls only". When I switched from automatic to "GSM" the 'phone now works normally with good connectivity and battery life.

May be OK in urban areas with good 3G coverage but I was about to return it as faulty before I spotted this problem so be warned !

5.0 out of 5 stars Big and Beautiful, 27 Oct 2012
gefb (Runcorn, Cheshire.) - See all my reviews
Needed a mobile phone that does the four things I need and nothing else, namely, send texts, phone calls, take photo's and bluetooth, so I ditched my Nokia with all it's useless bloat and settled for this, good choice, it's nicely made, engineered in Sweden, the buttons are well spaced so the ball of the thumb can be used instead of the nail, text is nice and big but can be even bigger if needed, fair choice of ring tones and message alerts, it can be connected to a computer via the USB cable (supplied), data is transferred very easily by drag and drop method (pics & music). My Virgin SIM card from my Nokia connected straight away, no problem, it also connected to my car's bluetooth system OK, well pleased.
Recommend this phone highly, Amazon's price is one of the lowest out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted!, 11 May 2012
I have been looking for a simple-to-use mobile phone with a reasonably good camera. It has been quite difficult to find a model that combines simplicity with an above-basic camera.
The Doro 615 has exceeded my expectations. It has a clear display and sound with impressive volume when needed. The buttons are large and comfortably spaced, making them so much easier to hit than the fiddly little nubs on my old phone. The menu is straightforward and the instruction book easy to follow. (One small niggle about the book: a glossary of technical abbreviations used would have helped an inveterate technodolt like me!) The camera takes photos of acceptable quality and the zoom is very easy to control (unlike the ultra-sensitive zoom on my daughter's camera) Some of the Doro's functions I'm unlikely to use, but one I shall enable is ICE, an excellent idea.
I can recommend this camera-phone. I like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars my new doro 615 mobile phone, 18 Feb 2012
i have had many cellphones over the years and they all had one or two features missing - or one or more negative points - however, this 615 is just right for me - although i am approaching the big eight/oh i love technology and gadgets - the 615 has all i need - beautifully finished exterior, easy action, clear and concise operation of keys, a radio, an emergency button which i hope i will never use, and an easy to use camera with a quick action button - when i get home from an exhilarating spin in my cobra(kitcar) i just drop the phone on to its dedicated charging cradle (included in price) and robert is your father's brother! even when i break down at the roadside in the dark i can actually see everything on the screen and hear the road services over the traffic noise! all in all a great value phone and highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant phone, 3 Jan 2012
After much research I decided on the Doro Phoneasy 615 as I just wanted a phone to text, a camera for convenience and a screen that was easy to read. This one fits the bill perfectly - I am not a technophobe but I object to paying for elements that I will never use and I am averse to carrying my life around on a gadget that could get lost or stolen.

5.0 out of 5 stars great phone, 3 Mar 2012
Doro PhoneEasy 615 GSM Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black
This phone is so easy to use. large buttons for easy texting and dialing, clear screen makes it easy to read. it has bluetooth, camera and 3G, everything I was looking for. Other basic phones didnt have 3G which I need, as poor signal in the house means we use a sure signal box.
Very happy customer