on 23 November 2013
Plays mp3s from memory card well and if a card is in, it will play it by default with no button pressing once switched on. It will play tracks in order fine, but navigation is rubbish and random keeps choosing the same few tracks over and over. It can't deal with too many folders. 1314 files in 20 folders was OK, but putting them in about 74 folders was not. I'd suspect there is probably not much point in putting a large card in this and they would tend to hold more folders than it could handle (and files?). I'd guess a 4GB card is more than sufficient and two of those more use than a single larger one.

I had to rename some files as it could not order ones starting with (appx) 6 identical characters. I presume it must only look at first few characters to put the files in order.

Very good as a speaker, except when you switch it off and back on again you have to navigate to the speaker function. 4 button presses is not too bad but it would be better if it could recall what it was doing. Note - line in cable (included) is not standard but 3.5mm audio jack plug to mini USB.

Useful radio, but needs 1 button press, wait, then 4 more presses to resume radio after being switched off.

------------
Mine came set to CHINESE. To change language to ENGLISH:

Switch it on.
Press menu button once. You should see 5 icons.
Navigate to SETTINGS (the one with the spanner) by pressing the 4th button (the one on the right) a few times.
Press Menu button to open it.
(Don't dilly dally or it will go back to start)
Press the 4th button again twice to go down to the 3rd entry in the menu.
Press Menu button to open it.
Press the 4th button once to go down to the second language (shorter word in Chinese than the others) and press menu button to select it.
Thats it.
--------------------

Sound is excellent for music, but the equalizer could do with a setting more suited to speech.

Battery life seems good.

Display is slightly squint in the screen.

Random doesn't work too well. It was playing same tracks a lot and testing showed it was tending to cycle 6 tracks on a card with 50 on it.

I'd like to see more hardware switches to cut down on button pressing.

"Backlight" has a setting of 1 to 30. I don't see this changing anything on mine.

Under "Tool" it has "Power Off Set. You can set minutes here after which the player will switch off, but you'd probably get fed up with the button pressing required. (it took me more than 20!)

The main on/off switch on the side is small and stiff so perhaps not suited to anyone with reduced capabilities.

If you want a device which will switch on and then by default play mp3 tracks from a card, one by one, in order and don't need to navigate and don't want random then this is probably a good choice.
on 2 June 2012
This really is an impressive gadget, producing a remarkable sound from a 2-inch cube!

As a previous reviewer noted, you cannot access the card content through the USB lead, which is only for charging, so if you want to add or reorder songs, you need to take the card out, and edit it on your computer. (Many micro SD cards come with an SD adapter, which will fit into most card readers, including those built in to a typical PC or laptop; you can also buy USB adapters.)

And yes, the menus are initially in Chinese, so you have to navigate to the language menu and then choose the second entry! You can work it out from the leaflet enclosed (which is in English).

Just a few other niggles that make me give it only 4*

1) When your card is back in the cube, it is possible to navigate the directory tree using the buttons on the front, though you have to learn to get the timing right: you only have a few seconds before the 'explorer' program times out, but it is a bit slow to respond to a button press. Before I got the hang of this, I was going to send the gadget back, as it's not much good having 2000 songs on your card if you can't get to the one you want fairly easily.

2) You have the possibility of repeat play, continuous play, random play, folder play or folder repeat. However there is no facility to play a single track and stop - unless you put the single track in a folder on its own. I appreciate that other customers may not be interested in doing this, but it was something that I wanted to be able to do.

3) For FM radio, you need to be connect the supplied cable which will act as an antenna.

But overall, a good buy!
on 28 August 2012
Bought this gadget after seeing review in amazon. This gadget is absolutely cracking and it was a gift to my mom. She loved it so much. The audio clarity is very good. Overall I love it.
on 22 February 2012
Fabulous, you can have music anywhere. I bought this for my partners birthday not realising how good it would be. The sound quality is great, if its up loud the bass makes it move across the table. With the sat nav lead we can charge from usb it the van, so never goes flat when using as car stereo. only downside is you need a card reader to add music to sd cards as it doesnt act as a drive on the pc, although will charge from usb the pc doesnt see it so cant drag and drop files to it. Oh and does come it chinese so be prepared for a brain test in symbol reading to change to english, wasnt so hard, we had a laugh but better to know. All round hhas been a god send for cheering up grumpy toddlers as you can have music anytiime, has been used as bathroom stereo, and we keep finding more wonderful places we thought loud music was out of bounds that now isnt.
on 14 October 2013
Ordered this with a standard delivery and it arrived in four days which I thought was ok.

Anyway on to the product as others have also wrote here the sound you get from this product is amazing and it is such a small cube at just under 2 inches square if you love music I think this product is a must have but on to 2 may be bad points the first being the line in function I have been unable to get this to work when I connect a 3.5mm jack cable to it connected to my tablet and the second being the FM radio I cannot get a FM signal at all but I do live out in the East Anglian countryside but saying that I can get a signal on a different device I own.Their is the same product here like this cube that now has a built in telescopic aerial I would suggest giving that a go but if you just want to play music from plugging in your MicroSD cards they get this cube you will not be disappointed.
on 14 September 2013
I purchased this hoping that it might have a decent FM Radio? And after previously owning several FM Radios (Some of them the "Walkman"/MP-3 Player Type) over the past 40 Years knew that this would require the attachment of the supplied cable. or a pair of earphones to act as an Aerial in order to tune-in to stations. I proceeded to try the above methods using the supplied cable and earphones both indoors and outdoors. but the built-in tuner was not sensitive enough or unable to receive any signals at all.? So have returned for refund.
So then onto my ratings for the product.
FM Radio;
This seems in my opinion to have been Tacked-on as an afterthought by the designers.? =
Minus 5-Stars;
Build Quality;
Strong Aluminum Case. Excellent quality Thin-Film type Loudspeaker = 5-Stars;
Sound Quality;
Excellent Crystal clear sound and High volume. Outperforms many larger Radios.? = 5-Stars;
LCD Display;
Top Section of display (Two very small lines) gives basic information Track#/Battery-Life etc.,
But the Lower Section (Bottom Three quarters of Screen) only gives the Track Title and shows a dummy (non-
moving or changing) animation of a Graphic Equaliser (The Equaliser sound can be changed in the Settings menu) Although the display still shows the same graphic.?: = 3-Stars;
MP3 Player use;
Similar menu system to many generic devices. Default language is in Chinese (Learning to use the player requires a lot of carefully Timed Button-Pressing) But can be easily changed and is generally OK =
3-Stars;
Overall Opinion;
Very good Sound from such a small Loudspeaker. Average generic MP-3 Player with way too many (Sometimes confusing) Menus/Sub-Menus. But useless as a FM Radio? (The one's with a Built-in Telescopic Aerial such asLowClick Mini Speaker MP3 Music Player Amplifier Micro SD USB Disk FM Radio perform much better in my opinion.

"Total Score": = Amazon 3-Stars(It's OK)
on 13 December 2013
An all in one player, SD card reader and display is quite a marvel.
Battery life is at least 5 hours (it could well be a lot longer but 5 hours is my need)

Some issues that will put some buyers off:
A friend bought one and it isn't as loud.
There is very little bass.
The device has a Chinese-language user interface with no option to change to any other language.
Using the interface to select tracks within folders is tricky. After selecting a folder one needs to, with a second or two, hold down the NEXT button until the folder's contents are displayed. If I selected a folder and waited for the folder's contents to appear (it takes 3-5 seconds) then I couldn't find anyway to navigate that folder.

Gambling on getting a "good" one then:
If you're not "gadget friendly" then I would avoid this product. If you're prepared to work around quirks it's a useful little box.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Aquired this awesome gadget only yesterdaywhich was ordered rhe day before that. Affter unpacking I was amazed at the overall size being no bigger than 2inch square. Initially I began to have a few teething problems since the programming was set to Chinese but eventually located the English language.
Sound is somrwhat amazing for such a small player with the abilty to play mp3s and radio also incusive of an awesome very shrill alarm guaranteed to wake the heaviest of sleepers.
Casing very sturdy compared to other similar players.
Since receiving it has been playing 24/7 due to suffering from insomnia.
So top marks,definetelydeserves them..............
on 21 August 2013
Sound quality from it is amazing from such a little speaker, really bassy. We bought it for my son to use in his bedroom, it has a miscro SD slot so he can listen to all his music, either through the speaker or headphoned. (Note - you need to hold down the menu button to turn the speaker on or off). Radio is great, but needs headphones in to act as an aerial. It comes set up in Chinese and is a bit fiddly to sort out into English, but once done is a great little device. Instructions aren;t the best either, but well worth persevering with to get set up and find out how it works as it is superb.
on 1 September 2013
The sound that comes out from this little cube is absolutely amazing I would have give it 5 star if not because of the line in cable,I strongly believe that if the cable get damaged it will be difficult to get a replacement why because the line in cabe is attached with the power 5v the manufacturer should have made an Aux port this would have killed it buyers take note of this if the cables got problems you can't use the speaker I made a research can't find such cables online n on the high street