5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value shed
This is a quality product and best of all its maintenance free! After much research of both plastic and metal sheds we chose Keter because of good reviews and the fact that a good base was already included, making for easy construction on our generally even, crazy paved patio. We found not all rivals include a base as part of the package, so this was a bonus...
Published on 14 Oct 2012 by Claretwhine

1.0 out of 5 stars Anything but a Keter Apex 6 x 4 Shed - Item Returned
Published 5 months ago by JLS

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value shed, 14 Oct 2012
This review is from: Keter Apex 6 x 4ft Shed (Garden & Outdoors)

Here are a few comments that might be of use to anyone considering a purchase-

1) Get prepared and look at Keter website in advance of delivery, you can download instruction manual to study and view some construction videos, albeit not same model but gives a good idea.
2) Check all the parts are present first; we found that a number of the anti-shake washers (that deter threads from working loose) were missing from the sealed packet. Annoying but didn't prevent work on the day, have contacted Keter so these can be retro fitted once delivered as local DIY shops didn't have similar in large enough size.
3) The door fittings were most fiddly part and took longest; it would be worth doing this job first so you're ready to get on with construction. Instructions generally simple but some diagrams were a bit ambiguous and needed puzzling out.
4) With hindsight, it would be easier not to follow the suggested sequence and instead fit the corners to the base first, thus allowing the side and back sections to be slotted in by lowering vertically.
5) Generally this was a simple job for one person, the only times another pair of hands are needed will be in fitting the roof panels and putting in the window.
6) If locating near a boundary fence/wall/hedge, remember to allow yourself enough access to get down the side - you need some room to lift in and fit the roof panels. We didn't have much choice but did have the luxury of being able to use a stepladder from opposite side of a boundary wall.
7) Don't tighten fully the plastic bolts holding sides down onto base - this allows for easier fine tuning/alignment whilst getting the shell together, then fully tighten before fitting the roof sections.
8) You do have the option to hang the door on the opposite side from that stated in the instructions- just have to visualise that stage as a mirror image.

The overall job took a bit longer than we thought, but the result is pleasing and shed appears water tight after a downpour during the evening after the shed was completed. If really looking for negative points, it would be nice to have another colour option, and you can't lean anything too heavy against the walls as you might do with a timber shed- but that's nitpicking, as what you're getting is a different animal and of course it's maintenance free. Other (dearer) Keter products appear to have shelves included, so it would be nice to at least have this as an optional extra.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic shed, 21 Jun 2012
This review is from: Keter Apex 6 x 4ft Shed (Garden & Outdoors)
We had a big wooden shed in our new house which was ruined by damp, took 2 people half a day to take it down, then had to take all heavy bits ti the tip. Decided to go for a plastic shed instead.Before placing this order, I have done my reseach and was impressed by the good reviews this product recieved.
we are very pleased we have chosen this shed, we had a phone call to advise what time it will arrive, and it took my husband 2 and a half hour to put up, did not have electric screwdriver but was not a problem, and the skylight looks very good, shed looks good in garden. The other good thing is we could move it if we need to.

1.0 out of 5 stars Anything but a Keter Apex 6 x 4 Shed - Item Returned, 19 Jun 2014
This review is from: Keter Apex 6 x 4ft Shed (Garden & Outdoors)
After undertaking a bit of web research I plumped for the Keter Shed as being a good option for our garden. The reviews looked good and it seemed to match exactly what we needed. Sadly when it arrived it looked like the package had been put together at the last minutes with cellotape. Once opened there were parts missing (no base, no panel with window opening, no window frame, two corner pieces instead of four etc). There were additional items such as two doors. The package didn't include any parts listing or a guide to construction. All in all a bit of a disaster!

I tried to phone Keter but their telephone number was permanently engaged and when I looked at their Facebook pages there were lots of complaints about their customer service. I wish I had seen this before I ordered.

To be fair to Amazon when I got hold of them they apologised and arranged for the shed to be collected and returned on the next working day. They were very helpful.

Overall, I may have just been unlucky but if ordering this shed hang on to your packaging until you have checked you have got all the parts.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ketr Plastic shed review, 25 Jun 2012
This review is from: Keter Apex 6 x 4ft Shed (Garden & Outdoors)
Arrived promptly, packaging undamaged, inside however one part was damaged and this was reported, damaged part was replaced very quickly. Construction was easy and we are very pleased with the finished product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keter Apex 6 X 4 Shed, 2 Nov 2012
This review is from: Keter Apex 6 x 4ft Shed (Garden & Outdoors)
This really is a superb piece of kit. First of all the delivery as arranged with Amazon was spot on, the driver telephoning 30 mins before arrival,excellent. The afternoon of arrival was overcast with rain expected by evening so it was open the box to check all was present and sound. Two hours later the shed was complete. I nipped to the local woodyard and got an offcut of 15mm MDF from which two pieces were cut at 116cm X 33cm. These fitted exactly into place on the rear shelf supports and I secured them with screws through the frame to the underneath. I mention this because having read a huge number of reviews of this shed lots of people said "pity you can't get shelves for it".
The best points are a) no maintenance required b) floor included (which I covered with interlocking rubber matting) c) the twin door opening and d) the translucent top roof rail which is like a strip light and d) easy erection.
The poor points - I am struggling - there aren't any ! But make sure your base is level.
Since buying the weather has been appalling with torrential rain, gale force winds and hailstones the last couple of days - no leaks at all. I am delighted with the shed and wish I had bought one years ago, highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy, 8 April 2013
V quick review.

Excellent delivery, great comms with delivery company and date changed with ease.

Very easy and quick to build, took me about 2 hours on my own.

Once its together it seems solid and I know it will last and not fall foul of the British climate.

Looks good.

Just one tip, check how much storage space you need. On the face of it, 4x6 isnt huge but ideal for a few garden tools etc.

As the size is fine for me I give it 5 stars and highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keter Apex, 29 Mar 2013
This review is from: Keter Apex 6 x 4ft Shed (Garden & Outdoors)
Very happy with this shed went up in a flash seemed flimsy but once assembled very sturdy and more secure than a wooden one and it dose not require painting avery few years, and dose not rot

5.0 out of 5 stars Keter apex shed, 12 July 2012
This review is from: Keter Apex 6 x 4ft Shed (Garden & Outdoors)
An excellent buy, the shed was very easy to assemble and didn't take long to do. Good size shed and can easily store garden furniture and equipment. I am very happy with the purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shed, 26 April 2013
This review is from: Keter Apex 6 x 4ft Shed (Garden & Outdoors)
Put this together on my own apart from the window. Took a couple of hours but well worth it. Would recommend to anyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars At my review date £ 389.99!!....... is there some mistake?, 8 May 2014
This review is from: Keter Apex 6 x 4ft Shed (Garden & Outdoors)
I have a couple of these Keter plastic sheds. A large 11x8ft unit and this one. The only asking price available at today's date is from a single Seller, Ref: Messrs Garden Store Direct, offering this shed for a massive £ 389.99p (incl FREE delivery...... !!) A cost which represents the most ludicrous price that I have ever seen for this size of 6x4ft Keter shed. This very small shed is somewhat flimsy but we have found it to be waterproof after installation from the initial flat pack delivery. It is all snap-on and/or snap-in fixings and screw in type large plastic locking screws. We had no parts missing. As with all Keter sheds it has no external guttering facility for water collection (rain water just running off the roof with a minimal overhang from roof to each side wall) and no internal facility at all to install side shelving being that the door is approx 3ft across its 4ft width. Internally this shed is very tiny and were you to try to install internal shelving then it would leave very restricted access from the opening door to the rear, especially if you stored a bike, or lawn mower etc on the floor. I suppose you could drill in through the thin plastic side panels from the outside to fit internal shelve brackets for shelving etc, a fact which I preferred not to do. I have found that the separate plastic stack shelving that you can purchase as an extra... is not very stable and restricts space even further. But that would be an option. The shed itself however does serve a purpose insomuch that it is maintenance free. Very easy to install over a few hours but this building is not built with security in mind, (as usual from Keter they only supply the absolute bear minimum for your cash and therefore no actual lock is supplied) so items of high value may require a wired alarm/wireless alarm system to be installed. As with my other much larger Keter shed, this ain't no Fort Knox. The plastic wall panels are very thin and a sharp knife or hacksaw blade could do a load of damage in a very short time. To install you MUST ensure a flat and level base. I added an extra 40mm all around for correct mounting. Comes with a black plastic floor panel which in my case I preferred to screw down to the base that we constructed as the shed is also lightweight. Internally there are molding holes everywhere and we used silicone to fill them in. Oh and watch out for the large air vent which in our case attracted a wasp nest very quickly. You may require an internal gauze over these vents to stop that.

So .... is this shed worth this Sellers asking price of £ 389.99p.... absolutely no chance, not when Argos sells them (surprise surprise with FREE delivery as well!!) for £ 249.99 and even Tesco's garden section for £ 280. At £ 390 odd do an on-line search (even here on Amazon) where for an extra 10 pounds or so you could purchase a Keter 6x6 shed with double doors.....!! and I always liked to think that Amazon were offering competitive pricing!! @ £ 390 rip off Britain springs to mind! Anyway if you require a very small shelf-less shed for basic floor storage with nothing fancy tagged on, then this could be the answer. In truth purchasing this shed was my mistake and I think we shall sell/pass it on, probably to a family member. Its just so small. At the moment for us it keeps a couple of large items dry and that's it. All IMHO of coarse.