5.0 out of 5 stars great mobo for the price..
bought this motherboard along with a i5 2500k after doing a lot of research and i am glad i made the right choice in the end.
This motherboard has all the features compared to the more high-end and expensive motherboards out there.
Published on 17 Oct 2011 by R. Pasha

3.0 out of 5 stars Good features but some issues
I bought one of these a while ago for an i7 system I was building.

For the price this is a really good board and it has a lot of features that you really wouldn't expect for this money.

Published on 8 July 2012 by B. BROWN

5.0 out of 5 stars great mobo for the price.., 17 Oct 2011
R. Pasha (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AsRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard, Socket 1155, PCI-Express 3.0, DDR3, USB 3.0, HDMI, 7.1 HD Audio, ASRock Instant Boot (Accessory)
The design of this mother board is well though out with enough space between the cpu socket and memory slots to place a generous sized cooler (i am using a hyper 212+ along with G.Skill ripjaws 8GB 1600mhz memory sticks and there is plenty of room to spare).
It supports crossfire/SLI at 8x8 speed which is big plus incase i want to add another card in the future.
Asrock UEFI bios is also very convenient and can be operated by a mouse. All the normal and advanced overclocking settings are there for both casual and die-hard overclocking fan. I myself have plans to overclock my 2500k in the future but at the moment i am well satisfied with its performance.
In the past i have used Asus, MSI and Gigabyte motherbaords but this one tops them all in terms of quality, performance and pricing. Finally i would like to mentions that it supports next generation PCI 3.0 interface and Intel's next IVY bridge CPU lineup.
Highly recommended.

Corsair h100 Water cooler
Corsair tx650 PSU
Amd 6850 graphics
asrock extreme 3 gen 3

Had no problems using this, worked with all my pc components above. I put the computer together switched it on and it worked. The bios is easy to use which is great for beginners.
I had to unplug my graphics card so it would boot into bios at first as it wouldn't show up on screen and had it connected to VGA on the motherboard. I then installed the Operating system then connected the graphics card back on and then connect my monitor to the graphics card then installed the newest graphics drivers from AMD website.

Easy to use, you virtually just put your computer together, switch it on, configure bios if you wish, install os, Then you're good to go.

The only thing about this motherboard is it is smaller than standard atx so it does not screw in all holes but it screws in suffciently.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Budget Z68 Motherboard, 26 Mar 2012
Bought this board to go with an i5 2500k and 2 GTX 550 ti's, for the price this board is excellent, easily managed to overclock the i5 to 4.5 Ghz, the BIOS is easy to navigate and most of the time the settings can be left on automatic. Plenty of ports for most people, not as many SATA ports as other boards but 6 is enough for most people also worth noting is this board does not have any front USB 3.0 headers, so if you have a case with a USB 3.0 port you wont be able to use it, not a big deal as it does have 2 rear USB 3.0 ports. Overall brilliant board and well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb!, 15 Mar 2012
I used this motherboard as the foundation for my new build and must say Im very impressed. Im using an I5 2500k processor and and it overclock to 4.5ghz... running stable using auto voltage! It has all the features you would expect from a motherboard in this price range, it is sli ready (not many in this price bracket are) and leaves plenty of space for an aftermarket cooler like the cooler master 212 evo, using G Skill ripjaws ram.

The bios is a treat to use, you can use your mouse while in the bios and its set out in such a simple to use format with a big icon that you click for each section.

Overall I gave 5 stars as if I were building another machine for the same budget I would be using this option again!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Extreme7 Gen1 review, 3 Jun 2013
My main complaint is that the name is hugely ridiculous, would "Z68" not have sufficed?

Other than that, it works as advertised. The wide array of cable connection ports available has turned out to be more useful than I expected, especially the USB ports.

The BIOS (or rather the UEFI) is easy to configure, and there are comprehensive guides available online for all your overclocking needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job very efficiently, 2 April 2013
I recently decided to have a go at building my own PC. I did lots of research for processors, RAM, and all the other parts I would need. As I delved deeper and deeper trying to buy the best, my budget quickly escallated. I came across reviews of Asrock motherboards, and found something that looked good, got good rating for reliability and performance, and didn't cost too much. I decided on the Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, and have been delighted with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Did everything I wanted, 26 Sep 2012
Using this with an i7 and the HIS HD 7870 and my games run very well. Building my rig was easier with the on switch on this MB and also the DR Debug feature was very useful when my power supply blew and I was trying to work out what went wrong

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 July 2012
Bought this motherboard after great review online. I choose it for my desktop upgrade and so far it works just fine. I do my own installation for both hardware and software and I'm pleased with its performance.

Overall great buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Item as described., 20 July 2012
A. Francis (UK) - See all my reviews
Installation was easy, the SATA ports are easily accessible and all my other hardware has worked excellently with this motherboard so far.
My only regret is that a week after I bought this, the ASUS Pro something or other went on sale.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good features but some issues, 8 July 2012
B. BROWN "B Brown" (uk) - See all my reviews
I bought one of these a while ago for an i7 system I was building.

The problem for me was that there was an inherent issue with setting up ASCI SSDs in BIOS and the way it interacted with the Z68 chip set. This may have been down to my particular usage being outside the norms of most users would encounter but sadly for me no amount of BIOS flashings. driver upgrades, RMAing, or tech forums could resolve my specific problem in setting up the drives how I wanted to on this board.

This being said I'm not going to slam the board as It offers a hell of a lot and for the vast majority of user needs will perform very well indeed.
I will say however if you're going for a Sandy Bridge chip and are looking for a little headroom for a possible Ivy bridge upgrade later there are better alternatives out there which aren't that much more expensive. I replaced mine with a gigabyte UDH5 when I upgraded it also has support of Sandy Bridge and comes in at a similar price point with a more recent chipset in the form of the the Z77. It's something to seriously consider imo.

Overall a decent board but not without its issues and as of today its probably worth getting something a little more recent for a new build to save on future compatibility issues.