5.0 out of 5 stars Curry made easy....
I bought this grinder specifically for my curry spices.I previously used ready
made powders or occasionally a mortar and pestle ( boring ! ). Now with this
machine I can use coriander, mustard and cumin seeds for more flavour and
freshness. The grinder is smooth, quiet, efficient and a real bargain at this price.
Published on 12 Nov 2012 by oldboy john

1.0 out of 5 stars Ineffective at best
The item arrived on time so I can't complain about the seller at all. Their service was excellent but the product was not! I searched for a spice grinder and this came up - allegedly a "coffee, spice and nut grinder" I have no idea if it grinds coffee or nuts but it certainly doesn't grind spices... not does it grind dry bay leaf... or mustard seed. It is...
Published 17 months ago by Tracy Wiseman

5.0 out of 5 stars Curry made easy...., 12 Nov 2012
This review is from: Andrew James Coffee, Nut and Spice Grinder - Powerful 150Watt, Stainless Steel Blades (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this grinder specifically for my curry spices.I previously used ready
made powders or occasionally a mortar and pestle ( boring ! ). Now with this
machine I can use coriander, mustard and cumin seeds for more flavour and

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says on the tin!, 2 May 2012
I bought this to grind seeds and grains to powder...and it does. Quick, efficient, what can I say? It works, and for a modest outlay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended - A Nifty Little Number!, 14 Sep 2011
Bought this grinder online as all the ones in the shop seemed to be £30 or so. Ordered this one and it arrived quickly (very well packaged) and it's brilliant!

Really good quality - simple to use and even has a safety feature to stop you grinding your fingers if you get clumsy... Based on coffee grinders I have had in the past I would say this model represents exceptional value for money. I've had it a couple of weeks now and it's going great guns (gets used most days). I confess to never having heard of 'Andrew James Electrics' beforehand - but from the instruction manual they appear to be a firm based in Co. Durham - and they get my vote!

5.0 out of 5 stars Andrew James coffee,nut, &spice grinder, 13 Feb 2012
C. Toye (Wales) - See all my reviews
I bought this grinder specifically for grinding Lin seeds, which are the same size as sessame seeds, but much harder.
I expected the seeds to be just stired around, but to my great pleasure they were ground to a powder in seconds!
I would recommend this grinder to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely good value, 25 Aug 2012
I am well pleased with this. I broke my 12 year old Philips mill driven by my blender motor - because of sheer carelessness (trying to grind very hard parmesan - which I should have hand grated). I cant replace it unfortunately.

Ironically, I dont grind coffee really but wanted this for nuts,seeds and whole spices - particularly peppercorns. This is a small compact, easy to use machine and very well made. It does what it says on the box efficiently and quickly.

Cons - It is a coffee grinder really, so you can only do larger quantities in short bursts. Say 2ozs. at a time and you must not let the machine get too hot, bit of a disadvantage if you want to grind down say 8ozs. gran. sugar to make caster or icing sugar. But why grind large quantities of spices,coffee or nuts when you can always just grind enough for your immediate needs and have a really fresh product? You cant wash the stainless bowl/motor unit only the top perspex cover. Tip - keep a little stiff brush, the sort used to apply hair dye to brush out the housing properly of powder. You do get scent contamination however well you clean the device out, however. Grinding sugar after cardamom seeds for example, but the machine is cheap enough to buy two if you want to keep one just for spices.

Pros- this machine looks good, can stay on the work surface as it doesnt take up much space. No assembling required, very safe to use, robust, easy to operate, easy to clean, reasonably priced, powerful motor. It is fairly versatile, but it is not a washable food processor or blender driven mill attachment which will do larger quantities. But then these mills may not be robust enough for coffee beans. However, all considered the Andrew James grinder a very good buy and I can recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coffee Grinder, 1 Oct 2011
I have used this machine several times now,and i cannot fault it.At the moment i have only ground coffee beans,not nuts.I have noticed the unit getting hot if grinding for long periods,so i tend to do 20 second bursts,then let it rest a few seconds,then repeat.
All in all very good value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE, 11 May 2013
VERY VERY Fast!
So cheap for a great little grinder!
Only downside is that the container doesn't disconnect from the main body so I have to unplug it from the mains, pick up the Grinder and then pour the spices out.
Makes it a little tricky to wash as well.

September 2013 --- So I've had this since April 2012 & It's still going strong! LOVE it! Still hate the downside :'( but for a little machine it really is powerful & quick!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent grinder, 15 Sep 2011
This grinder has proven to be an excellent product - not only is it remarkably cheap - but it arrived almost the next day - and that was standard rate - so was absolutely delighted. For the past two weeks it has been used every day and several times a day grinding wheat and barley samples. (I'm a farmer) Can only say the grinder has had a hard two weeks work and its still going strong.
Many thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Low cost Coffee grinder, 26 Aug 2011
In view of its low cost, I was dubious about purchasing an item that did not have a single review. However I decided that even if it were rubbish, I would loose little. The item arrived quicker than was said, and I immediately put it to use by grinding 1lb of coffee beans. It was quick, easy and clean (unlike my previous Molineux that I have now dumped). As this is only just purchased - August 2011, I naturally cannot say how long it will remain working, however its simple and effective design would indicate that it should last a good many years. I would recommend this even at double the price, and NO, I am no way connected with the sellers/manufacturers, etc!! - I am just a family man who is currently using the purchase for our morning / evening coffee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super little grinder, 29 Sep 2012
Mr. Robin H. Sorflaten (London) - See all my reviews
This is my third grinder this year. The first one cost me around 35 pounds and broke after a few weeks. The store replaced it but it broke again a couple of months later. Fed up, I got a refund and went to a different store. This time the grinder cost around 40 pounds but it broke down after a couple of outings. Back it went and again, I got a refund. I decided to go for the Andrew James grinder via Amazon. At the time of writing it is a little marvel. It's quietish, does the job efficiently and doesn't take up much space. I am very impressed and just wish I had bought this one at the outset. I should mention that I rarely grind coffee; I use it for spices and seeds and it sees action several times a week. Definitely worth a long look!