5.0 out of 5 stars just totally stunning a masterpiece
having enjoyed the music of peter gabriel for many years both with genesis and on his own, peter gabriel has become without doubt one of my music heros. having seen him perform last year at the 02 in london with his blood orchestra i have been waiting in anticipation for this set to come out.

on first glance the set of 4 discs along with a 200 page colour...
Published on 24 Oct 2011 by Terry Poppy

3.0 out of 5 stars Not So Deluxe.....
Firstly here's the positives, The presentation is very well done, great quality of the book & photos. More importantly the music is fantastic, so much better than the offering of Scratch My Back. When I saw PG with the New Blood Orchestra on the Later...with Jools Holland show, I knew I had to get the New Blood album & DVD of the live show, I thought it made sense to get...
Published on 5 April 2012 by Tumster

4.0 out of 5 stars Shame about the sound on an otherwise excellent blu-ray disc., 18 Jan 2013
Mr. John R. Lee (Portsmouth, UK) - See all my reviews
I am putting this comment against both of the Peter Gabriel blu-ray discs I have just bought, not because the sound is bad, but rather because the disc descriptions suggested more then the chosen encoding can ever deliver.
When I close my eyes and just listen to these recordings, the restrained sound is exactly what I have come to expect and love of Peter Gabriel recorded music over many years. The problem comes when I open my eyes and compare what I am hearing with, for example, all the effort the drummer is putting into his kit and especially the cymbals, and yet of which so little can be heard.
The disc packaging says LPCM stereo and HD Master Audio 5.1 surround, and in my ignorance I had assumed that these both indicated high quality sound. What a mug I had been! In fact, these names simply describe particular encoding techniques, each capable of supplying a whole range of differing sound qualities from the basic 16 bit/ 48kHz sampling rate used for most ordinary blu-rays of films, up to an amazing 24 bit/ 192kHz.
Both techniques can provide amazing sound when the higher data rates are employed - just check the Blu-ray Audio disc from Patricia Barber, or the audio on the 'The Dark City' blu-ray disc - but not at that lowest spec which my player tells me these two discs use.
This disappointment was part of what prompted me to check all my music blu-rays, and around half of them use the same basic encoding.
The difference provided even by the 24 bit/48kHz used by most of the others is so clear when playing the discs through half decent kit, what a shame PG didn't choose to take that simple step up the quality ladder.

2.0 out of 5 stars PG with symphony orchestra, 27 July 2012
Magnus Almgren "pixe" (Sandviken, Sweden) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Peter Gabriel New Blood Live In London In 3 Dimensions [Blu-ray 3D] [2011] (Blu-ray)
Interesting idea, not to my taste, unfortunately. I'd prefer more electric backing of PG.
Nice price, though, with dvd, bluray and 3D disks.

2.0 out of 5 stars DVD quality is a joke, 14 Mar 2012
While the blue-ray version is quite good (sound and video quality), the DVD looks like some torrent rip - definitely below DVD quality, definitely below my expectations. I bought this 3-disc edition because I needed two different formats, so all I can say I feel cheated.

Dear publisher, next time spend more than 5 minutes creating what you're going to sell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Passion, 20 Oct 2011
I've not seen the DVD yet, but I was at the second night of the concert in London, and I saw the 3D cinema version. Peter still has it, his voices sounds amazing. If you're a fan you won't be disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars cd, 30 Dec 2011
Cover slightly damaged - did I miss it in the sales text? Why DVD and Blue-ray together? I would have preffered the instrumental version instead. The music however is excellant - as all Gabriels stuff.

4.0 out of 5 stars dvd, 31 Dec 2011
blue ry and dvd are equals. Why? a b c d r e w q a s d f r t g h y u j

3.0 out of 5 stars NEW BLOOD PETER GABRIEL, 10 Jan 2012
HAD BEEN AWAITING THIS DISK FOR SOME TIME BUT A LITTLE DISSAPOINTED AS THE CONCERT WAS NOT THE TYPE OF FORMAT I WAS EXPECTING.
HE MADE GREAT USE OF THE ORCHESTRA AND THE 3D FILMING WAS GOOD. hE IS A VERY TALENTED ARTIST BUT I DID'NT THINK HE SHOWED ENOUGH OF HIS TALENT, BUT ALL SAID AND DONE HAPPY I GOT IT

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointed, 5 Jan 2012
The tracks on here are pretty unheard of and very few popular tracks so the recipient (this was a gift) was disappointed with it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 18 Oct 2011
Had this on my wish list until I heard Gabriel and the New Blood orchestra on Jools Holland's 'Later'. Anaemic arrangements, passionless singing. Could have been so good. I'm not against orchestralising classic rock/pop - it can be done well, in a way that gives a positively different perspective on the original. But this is weak stuff. Not for me.

Peter Gabriel New Blood Live In London In 3 Dimensions [Blu-ray 3D] [2011]