4.0 out of 5 stars Size issue
The coat was of nice quality but although I measured my dog and thought I was choosing the right size, when it arrived it wasn't long enough to cover his back properly. So I'd say if you're dithering between two sizes, go for the larger. Amazon accepted return without question, BTW.
Published on 2 Jun. 2012 by Curlywurly

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product - very poor sizing information.
The coat itself is a very good quality product. But the sizing information provided by the company is very poor.
Published on 4 Dec. 2012 by RobertB

4.0 out of 5 stars Size issue, 2 Jun. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent winter warmer for your friend, 21 Feb. 2013
Chris from Hampshire "Mrs C" (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This dog coat is very well made, is light weight yet warm and is shower proof (although to date not tested that, but will update when I have).

The design of the coat provides better protection than other designs that are on the market. This is especially important for the shorter legged dogs, as when they trot along, the wet splashes up more on to their underside.

It is easy to put on, just slip the front over the dog's head, smooth the back of the jacket over the dog, then the under tummy part fixes with velcro up over the back of the coat to keep it in place. There are also elastic leg straps each side at the back which are popper fixed. They are a little tight on my small Border Collier X however, as we all know, in use, elastic loosens up. If you didn't want to wait for it to ease a little with use, you could always gently stretch it whilst running the iron over it at very low temperature. My other dog has a coat that does not have these rear leg straps and without this addition, the coats just do not fit as well. So, persevere with the elastic straps so that the coat does the best job in keeping your friend warm and protected.

This dog jacket has a fold back collar which could be left unfolded to protect more of the neck and lower head if the weather is really bad. There is a useful slit for the lead to go through, but remember this is only to attach a lead to a collar and not to a harness. Having said that, Maisy, my little Collie who I have purchased this jacket for, has a harness and I found that it was still just about ok to use this slit.

The Red is a nice warm colour and not quite as pillar box bright as it appears in the photo. It is still a very nice cheery colour though, as you will see from my photos.

I have seen the Blue in a shop and it is most certainly not a true Blue, it is more of a bluish Gun Metal Grey and very dull. It would look ok on a dog that has a very light coat (white, blonde or even golden).

Excellent price on Amazon and would thoroughly recommend this for your best friend.

Update - Maisy has worn this a few times now and has not worried about the elastic that goes round the legs so obviously it is not too tight or knowing her, she would be walking odd or biting at it. The coat is a huge success at keeping her warm, the last 2 days have been sooooooooo cold, but when we get home after our walk and take the jacket off, her back is really, really warm.

Update 4.4.13.
Have since laundered this jacket and it came up as good as new. Also, it is not tear proof. Maisy must have been rooting about in the undergrowth, because I notice there are 2 little tears on the outer fabric.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ancol Stormguard Dog Coat, L, Poppy Red, 26 Jan. 2012
Giulia (Venice, Italy) - See all my reviews
Nice coat! Cheerful color, fine manufacture... I find paticularly useful the chest protector part of the coat (other models don't have it) because it contributes to keep my dog warm and dry in all kinds of weather!
The coat doesn't slide sideways even without the help of the elasticated leg straps (which my dog isn't usually very fond of).
I bought a size Large and I found that it fits her perfectly (she measures 48 cm from neck to base of tail).
Maybe the coat could have used a bit more padding, still I'm very satisfied with my purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars brill coat, 20 May 2012
Brill coat lovely colour, good quality material and made to last, good fit on my cocker spaniel would buy the product again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product - very poor sizing information., 4 Dec. 2012
My dog is a Weimaraner, in terms of size, he is smaller than breed standard. As the product description for XL states "Typically fits Weimaraner" I thought it would be OK. I even measured him "neck to base of tail" as advised, he was between the measurements 56cm-66cm.
However when I tried to put the coat on Henry (my dog) it was too small, the velcro strap wouldn't even meet across his back. I've had to return it for refund (unfortunately the XXL is out of stock!)

5.0 out of 5 stars stormguard coats, 20 Dec. 2013
i think this is an excellent product,well worth the money looks fab on,has full chest protection, which means ur dog will be dry underneath which is brilliant for me,the coat is very warm on,and material looks very wate5rproof,excellent keeps on without sliding off ur dog ,also has the wider velcro that keeps it on ur dog along with the added elastic to keep it in place at the legs,
the customer service ive had has been really helpful to myself,as ive had to sent 3 coats back, and i read the comments thats others had wrote to which size to get.... i phoned them and they helped me ,and went out their way to find me the proper sizes...
i think dogs of the same breed can be bigger or wider than others,so my oldest is lab but is 23kilos...so the xxlarge was massive on her,it was away down by her knees,so i think maybe puttin dogs width n weight as well on reviews might be helpful to others thanx so much for all ur help ..

ive just received my new coats yesterday after having help from muddypaws..the xlarge fitted my oldest dog,but leg straps were bit tight,but i think might slack in time,the large fitted my puppy,i took them out in pourin rain n wind,they looked soaked,but when i got them in the house underneath the coat bone dry and really warm,so theve past the test of keepin them dry,also the reflective strips are really good as well,now im washin them as they were rollin about the field playin running and their coats stayed on no matter what they were doin..lets see if the waterproof on them stays after being washed now .

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice coat, 23 Nov. 2012
SAS (SPALDING, LINCOLNSHIRE UK) - See all my reviews
This was the 2nd purchase of this product, I bought the large size 1st after reading the review about sizing but had to return it because it was far too long for my dog (a miniature Schunazer)! But I had no problems in returning the 1st one and receiving a refund and reordering the 2nd, though I do wonder why the smaller one is slightly more expensive??? It is a well made good quality product, I like the fact that you slip it over the dogs head & underneath the chest and secure with the velcro "belt", (all one piece), not too sure what she will think to the back leg elastics as she's not worn it yet, but I'm pretty sure it will stay in place without using them anyway if she's not comfortable with them as it looks quite secure. It's a lovely soft fleece on the inside, so warm and cosy to wear, lovely bright colour with reflective edging for safety. Nice product, would recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars 2nd purchase, 27 Nov. 2013
Robert Frame "Robin Frame" (Scotland ( East Lothian )) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Muddy Paws Stormguard & Fleece Lining Coat Red Extra Large (Misc.)
I bought the blue jacket first it was perfect so I ordered the red one in the same size unbelievable the straps are to short

3.0 out of 5 stars Buy a larger size but very warm, easy-wear coats, 13 Nov. 2013
I bought the XL which said it would be suitable for Weimaraners. They're too tight around the middle when you try to link the two straps which form a belt under the dogs' bodies - my dogs aren't overweight so I was surprised they didn't fit properly. I'd recommend the XXL so they're more comfortable. Strange, as to me, XXL would be a St Bernard or other bulky dog.

The positive is that they are easy to put on (no lifting dogs' paws), the dogs love them (when worn unbelted) and they keep them warm. I've bought them for indoor use, otherwise, there would be problems inserting the lead into the hole in the coat because of the size problem.

If size hadn't been an issue, this would be a 5* coat. They are lovely and warm, as well as one of the more affordable coats on the market. I bought one of each colour and the blue is much darker than the picture - more of a navy.

5.0 out of 5 stars LAB TESTS, 9 Nov. 2012
If you want a doggie item tested give it to a labrador, or in our case two labs. They will play with it,pull it, drag it through the undergrowth, take it paddling,swimming and into the muddiest puddles that can be found. The ancol storm coats stand up to all this and more. As with other reviews buy as large as you can because most dog coats fail to cover the hips. Definitely the best product we have bought.