5.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to rate this watch lower
It is impossible to rate this watch with less than 5 starts. Based on the price and quality, definitely 5 stars!

Pros:
+ Perfect size (at least for my taste)
+ Great design
+ Great color combination (gray and blue)
+ Great price and quality
+ LED light interesting

Cons:
- Strap could have been a bit better (more...
Published on 19 May 2011 by A.T.C.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, only during Daytime
I really love this watch, but I am a G-Shock fan. The only disappointing thing is, the backlight isn't good, at night you can't see what time it is, it is totally useless, which is a shame I think and did Casio ever test this watch you're wondering . The blue color is lovely ,absolutely.
Published 17 months ago by A. Van Maaren Breda

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 457 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Flawed design, but not all bad., 16 Nov. 2014
This watch is not without it's design flaws. Other reviewers have pointed out that the digital displays are difficult to read, but I have found that in normal lighting conditions simply looking at the watch at a slight angle rather than straight on makes them easy to use. However, you'll never get away from the fact that you can't read them if the analogue hands happen to be in the way.......

My main complaint is the light however, which is very poor. It is simply an LED at the bottom of the watch face, at approximately the same depth under the glass as the hands. Since there is no reflective or luminous paint, the light is next to useless most of the time - it's not high enough to front-light the hands, nor deep enough to back-light them. It also utterly fails to make the digital displays readable. A back-light would have been so much more effective, and come on Casio, a stylish blue and black watch face and you give us an orange LED? - would it have been so hard to use a blue one?

With all that said, the watch looks great in my opinion, and has a useful set of functions. I also saw it on play.com for £100 more than on Amazon. At this price tag, it is therefore still good value, just so long as you don't need a timepiece that you can use in the dark.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tacticool!!, 13 Jun. 2013
Dan (Amazonia) - See all my reviews
I bought this from direct from Watchhut and highly recommend them. As Amazon were out of stock I went to the next on the list, Watchhut. Ordered at 3:30pm on Tuesday and arrived at 9am on Wednesday; hard to beat. Very impressed.
As for the watch I can only echo what other reviewers have said. This is a high quality, well built time piece. I just love the tactical, stealth look about it.
I really cannot understand Casio's logic behind the back light. It reminds me of the free Kit-Kat digital watch I had as a kid lol. I understand this model is meant to be stealthy and used by SEAL Team SIX doing undercover missions but a decent back light is still required. That said don't let that put you off buying this. The white hands really contrast against the black and are very readable in dark conditions. One trick I saw elsewhere is to place your finger across the face when using the light as this makes the digital display easier to read. Personally I'm rarely in complete darkness where I urgently need to know the time.
One other point to mention is I did not find this watch to be as big as others have suggested. It's certainly not tiny but I don't think it's a monster of a watch.
For £60ish this watch is a steal, and should last a very long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great G Shock, 1 Mar. 2011
Mr. D. Rix "Welsh Rixy" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
After struggling to get this watch before Christmas, I finally received it at the end of January. I have to say its a great watch for the price.

Like most G shock watches it is rugged and has a number of features which all suit their purposes well. A number of work colleagues have commented on it and have ordered one. If your looking for a watch that will take the knocks and survive whilst maintaining its good looks, then this is the one for you!

4.0 out of 5 stars Eventually excellent, 7 Oct. 2013
A. Lockhart "WELLDAFT" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: G-Shock GA-100B-4AER Men's Quartz Watch with Black Dial Analogue - Digital Display and Red Resin Strap (Watch)
Out of the box this looked great, it was a birthday present for my 19 yr old son, when I ordered it he insisted on red and I thought " he likes red this week, but being the fickle ever changing likes and dislikes kind of boy. He may not like it next week " but it's a nice red which I'm sure he'll like even when red isn't his favourite. The set up was rather complicated and full of angst but now it's done he's delighted with the watch

4.0 out of 5 stars Great looking G Shock, 19 April 2015
M. Hollands (UK) - See all my reviews
This is now my 3rd G Shock and chosen after much deliberation.

The watch strap and casing is a matt finish and the white writing on the outside is not as bright as the picture shows. The electronic digits on the face are also not as bright as shown in the picture but they are however clearly visible in daylight. In daylight, the hands on the face are also clearly visible.

As some other reviewers have said, however, in the dark the time is not as obvious as others. The dark face and dark hands are what make reading the time in the dark a little harder than normal, and more difficult than my other two G Shocks. Despite this, it's not a concern for me and I'm still very happy with the watch. The watch does have a light and an auto light feature if you want to illuminate the face.

The watch is on the larger size, but is very light. The watch has a number of additional features, all of which are easy to use. It came set up and all I had to do was set the home city and all was ready to go in about 2 minutes.

Overall very happy with the purchase but only 4 stars because of the (slight) issue reading the time in the dark.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant seller... brilliant merchandise, 17 Mar. 2015
been wanting one of these for ages... finally had the money to buy it.... when it arrived earlier than the estimated delivery i was ecstatic, the watch was a little complicated to set up but easy once you get the hang of it and it's so comfy and light on the wrist. i would definitely get one of these again, the seller was great too and kept me up to date with shipping details as well as the updates from Amazon.....

5.0 out of 5 stars IMPOSSIBLE TO GIVE THIS WATCH A BAD RATING, 4 Dec. 2013
I bought this watch about a week ago and I can't pick a fault with it. Great quality great design and it may look complex to function but when you get the hang of it it's easier than you think. Another thing I like about it is the colour of the watch, it has a Matt black strap and electric blue hands. I highly recommend this watch to anyone out there that is looking for a good sturdy G-Shock watch. Amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 12 Jun. 2011
Very great purchase, I do not regret investing in this wrist watch at all. It is one of the good things that I have purchased this year. It is worth getting, anyone who has style and can afford it should definitely invest in it. It is everything, that is stated on its product description. ''

4.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant watch with a tricky hand book., 15 April 2015
I like the watch although as another review said, the digital displays are dark and need daylight to see them. The fingers are easy to see, so telling the time isn't an issue. The multi-lingual instruction book has such tiny print that I reverted to the Casio site and downloaded the manual. This helped me to set up the watch. The local time is easy to set. What I didn't realise is that the DST (daylight saving time) or summer time as I know it, has to be set for the alternative country that you can set. So I set up London as my local time and Mexico as the country that I was going to visit. The time in Mexico was an hour behind what it should have been. After a lot of fiddling, I got the DST set for Mexico and hey presto it works. If you buy this type of watch, one that has many functions, I'd suggest that you set up the local time and then have a play with it for a few hours. Also download the manual from Casio, it's much easier to understand than the little book with the tiny print.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor contrast, 17 Jun. 2014
Mr. Duncan Green "Duncan" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
If your after a fashion accessory then this watch is great, it you're after a time piece for function other than the analogue display I'd forget this watch. The contrast / lack of back light of the digital areas makes it useless in all but brightly lit situations. If you want to use the stopwatch, which as a coach I did, you best not want to do it anytime the analogue hands are in the third segment either, as they block the display.

So, fashion yes, function no.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 457 | Next ›