on 19 May 2011
It is impossible to rate this watch with less than 5 starts. Based on the price and quality, definitely 5 stars!

Pros:
+ Perfect size (at least for my taste)
+ Great design
+ Great color combination (gray and blue)
+ Great price and quality
+ LED light interesting

Cons:
- Strap could have been a bit better (more sturdy)
- LED light is not that powerful and could make it difficult to see the time in low light

Overall, I highly recommend this watch!

Thank you Amazon!
review image review image
on 2 November 2013
I bought this watch to replace my g shock mudman, which I've had for about six years and has been through a lot throughout the world. It still works great, I just fancied a change.
I was looking for a watch which was black and had white hands, apart from some of the more expensive, metal g shocks (which I would have loved, but can't justify the price tag) this one fit the bill perfectly.
The matte black finish on the casing, strap and face looks awesome. Some people might find the digital displays a little hard to see, I personally don't have an issue (I'm 32), however my dad struggled to see them (but he is 65 to be fair!!). Also some reviews have complained that they can't see the digital displays at 8:20 and 3:40ish, I haven't found this to be an issue, but if it is and you must know the day/date/seconds around that time, look a bit earlier!!!!!
The light is awesome, it lights up the face of the watch nicely (not the digital displays though, just a warning to those who need to know the day/date/seconds at that particular moment). It has also helped me when fumbling around in the dark when the mrs is asleep, it's like a little torch (seriously, try it).
All in all it's a great watch that looks smart. I haven't done anything too extreme with it yet, but it's time will come.
Only annoyance was that it was reduced by £7, two days after I recieved it, oh we'll, it's still a great watch.
on 13 October 2012
I don't know what people are complaining about. This is by far the best looking watch I have, and I would recommend it to anyone. Went out with the mates today, and they all want a G-Shock now. The digital screen is easy to read (Not as bright as it is shown in the pictures, but easy to see none-the-less). I will try to upload some more pictures, so you get a better idea of how this really looks. Overall I'm over the moon with this purchase. Highly recommend.
review image review image review image review image
on 30 January 2016
Arrived in a huge tin with a somewhat large instruction manual. Thankfully only 10% of the manual was in English and the tin can can be thrown into the attic with all the other watch boxes.

The watch is chunky and well designed. it has a feature that allows you to illuminate the watch by tilting your wrist. This sounds simple but believe me, it is very useful and saves you fumbling around the watch face in the dark looking for the light button.

The light is also very bright in comparison to some other G-Shock watches I own and it can easily be used for navigating yourself in the dark looking for the toilet haha and believe me when I say that because I have done this myself on several occasions.

the watch comes with lots of additional features but I wont go into any depth with them, you would be best to read about the features on the watch description.

One thing I adore about this watch is how easy it is to see the time at quick glance. Some of my other G-Shocks are not as visually obliging to the eyes and by that I mean that when you look at this watch, the contrast of the white hands against the black face allows you to immediately see the time without straining.

Another good thing for me is I can wear it in any situation as it is so well designed and constructed. It looks good on the wrist when out in in the pub, looks ok with a shirt in work, is fine to wear doing DIY as if it gets dirty or dusty you simply rinse it off and with it being a G-Shock I am able to wear it when on my motorbike! Yet another good example of a watch doing what it says it does on the tin, Happy Days.
on 26 October 2010
I love this watch, bring it with me everywhere and it can take a knock.
I have worked with Dewalt hammer drills, building installations, and heavy gym work outs and this watch has been knocked about and still ticking.
Watch also looks great and feels solid
Would highly recommend.
on 1 July 2016
I bought this for my husband and thought it looked really smart on the picture.

However when it arrived I realised it's not the same as the picture. It looks the same and does look like a really nice watch..you just can't see the time.
Which is the only thing I wanted it to do! The display isn't bright and blue like the picture but very dull. The only way to see the screen is to hold the watch under direct sunlight (although even then you have to look hard) or push the light. The light is an orange colour and in looks abit naff too.

Overall, it's not the watch you think you're getting and for the price you want to be able to use it for its main function of telling the time at the very least!

Really disappointed. Returned it.
on 7 February 2014
I have had this for about 18 months now. It looks exactly the same as when I first bought it. I am a bit accident prone and often break things like watches. This has not even scratched yet!.. Also the colour has stayed perfect white. No discolouration. This watch is very much recommended.
on 14 March 2015
Solid watch, I wear it to work as an engineer and I have yet to break it. Backlight is useless, only lights the hands (ish) the digital display is unreadable. At certain times (especially 7:40 and 8:40 am and pm) the digital display is rendered unusable by the hands obscuring it. Would it be so hard to have one of the buttons put the hands to 12:00 when held down? (When you begin to navigate the labyrinthine menu of features you will realise that this would be a tiny addition)
on 18 May 2015
This is a great watch from the Casio G shock range. It is a genuine product so no need to worry it's not being ordered from Casio direct and it's much cheaper! Very good quality, built to last! My only criticism is that the light doesn't illuminate the digital display only the hands and it doesn't update the time when clocks change you have to turn the DST on and off depending on the time of year.
on 22 April 2015
Looks great and so light on the wrist compared with other watches. Only complaint is that red hour hand as it is difficult to see with a glance. Also the light just shines in your eyes and does not illuminate the digital time or the actual hands. However it is exactly what I wanted for a wear everywhere, shockproof, waterproof watch. Would look more closely at the light for my next Casio.