on 20 July 2012
Liked the look of this watch when first saw it. Auto time set up and solar powered NO MORE BATTERIES. If I could change one thing, it would be to illuminate the whole face when the light is operated, it only does the digital display which is a bit small (especially in the small hours of the morning!!!!!).On the plus side, the hands are 'glow in the dark' All in all I would recommend this as a good everyday watch
33 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 May 2014
I always think that first impressions are important and my first impression of this watch as I unpacked it were very positive. I could easily believe it carried a price tag double or triple what Amazon are selling it for.

I bought it to replace a Casio G-Shock which I've had for over 20 years and had finally started falling to bits. Only this time around I was on a much tighter budget so had to find a cheaper option, but still wanted a solar powered model, as I've been using Eco drive Citizens for a few years now and will never again buy a watch that needs the battery changing!

The body of the watch is surprisingly slimline and light. The strap has a soft, rubbery feel and is also light and when you're wearing the watch it's quite easy to forget it's there.

The face is slightly bigger than I expected and because the bevel around the face isn't as deep and chunky as on my old G-Shock I believe the face will be a little more vulnerable to damage when I'm rock climbing. For this reason I nearly gave it 4 instead of 5 stars but stuck with 5 because, after all, it isn't the watch's fault I chose it and plan to wear it when climbing.

I know that many previous reviewers struggled to set the watch up but I have to say that I found it relatively straight forward. Maybe it's because I already own a Casio, I don't know, but as long as you read the manual it's fine.

It has a lot of functions. I'll probably use most of them at some time in the future but, in my view, it's better to have them and not need them rather than wish you had them. Unless, of course, you are paying a premium for them, which you are surely not in this case! The alarms and other various beeps are a little on the quiet side, don't know if that will be an issue in the future.

All in all, this is a fabulous watch for the price and, if I was that way inclined, I could easily pass this off as a much more expensive watch.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 23 March 2014
I had a Casio (who I have always liked especially their cameras) watch with a digital readout in orange tuber. That quickly got mucky and the dirt became part of the colour and looked dreadful. The watch itself was fine but the digital display was not the quickest to read wheat a glance. So I bought this one on the basis that it is the same type of rubber casing and strap and being black would not show the muck. Also being waterproof to some depth I will never reach, it can be washed under the tap. It took me a little while to set up as always being but a bloke, and being an analogue face it is easy to read and quite acceptable as a watch to wear at all times. The orange numbers and writing are easy to read against the black background but the light is rather a useless addition as it only illuminates the small digital panel and is OK if you can see it being small. Many of the functions are probably not going to be used by me but are there should the need arise. Being solar powered it does mean you mean to leave it out on a piece of furniture when not in use and facing a window but it doesn't take long to charge up and I've been wearing it for several weeks since the initial half hour charge and with long sleeves in this cold weather it still is fine after everyday use with no signs of needing a boost. I would suggest you buy one and it will be great when summer comes, on the beach, in the sea, in the shower. Well done Casio!
on 28 April 2012
liked it very much. loved the style. it is a very good watch, recommend it. I was impressed because thought since it was cheaper then normal casio couldn't expect much, but i was wrong
on 7 April 2015
I have had this watch for more than a year ( it has gone through 2 summer time changes ) and worn it through the winter with very need to recharge. This is a robust all weather wAtch and though sold as men's , I think it is a fab unisex product- I have always found men's watches much better designed ( I am a mum of 2 teenage daughters!) . The only thing that takes me a little bit of time is to set the watch to auto- adjust when BST changes- that is because I am usually too lazy to look up the manual. Thoroughly recommend this baby!
review image
on 28 March 2013
For starters I love the colours. I saw a decent pictue of the watch posted on another website and thought that for the price it was worth a shot. When it came through I found that it looks better than the photo and is a good size for my wrist, which isn't the boggest in the world for a bloke.

It was easy to set up, though I did need to read the instruction booklet which came with it - rare for a bloke I know. When you set up the time you have to do so on the little digital display. The hands then move round automatically to the time set which I thought was really cool. There is no second hand (as in seconds, not the minute hand) which I dont miss, and the minute hand moves a slight increment every 20 seconds which you can hear if you are in a very quiet surround; I wondered what the sound was until I looked at the watch to see what it was. When you set the watch to summertime the hands automatically. The hands illuminate quite well in the dark for a little while after exposure to light.

The main reason for the purchase other than looks and functions was that it is solar powered and waterproof to 100 metres. I will never need to take the back off the watch and comprimise the integrity of the 'waterproofness' and it will never stop due to a battery running out. There is a handy funtion where you press the bottom left button once and the digital display will show you the level of power left. This will prompt you to place it on the shelf in daylight for a while if necessary.

Very pleased with this purchase :)
on 27 August 2013
Bought watch to wear at work.
Easy to read and hard wearing.
No batteries needed. Water proof. Great watch for the price.
on 25 April 2015
Keeps perfect time, the analogue hands set them self once you have set the digital part, even from the world time function if you please, which is very handy.
Has a countdown timer, but with a function so it can be doubled up to run two 99 minutes max periods back to back. Easier to use than explain.....
Solar powered, and has never moved off the Hi reading for power reserve even when not worn for a couple of weeks and left in the dark.
With a hands on lifestyle with work and at home my watches get knocked around a bit, on this one apart from a few scratches on the case and lens, is holding up well so far, particularly the normal weak spot, the strap, which incidentally, and unusually, is quite generous in length. In comparison, other casio watches I have had are on the last but one hole, this one I have about a third of the adjustment remaining.
Good size too, not too chunky, but also not lithe.
Someone mentioned the seconds always being on display in another review, I agree there as for the first 23 days of the month it makes the date and the time displays very similar when relying on the back light alone.
But If I needed too I would get another without doubt.
on 24 March 2013
Great watch. Not as big as it seems, very light, easy to set up. Excellent choice for the price !
on 25 December 2013
Great watch. Slim, light, great features and easy to read. Solar power works well. Havent tested waterproofness. But no reason to doubt....its a casio! fantastic price too. I would definitely purchase again.