4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT LITTLE WATCH
Published on 20 July 2012 by MIK

3.0 out of 5 stars looks let it down
The watch looks good in the pictures, but when it arrived it looked a bit cheap. I will be keeping it as it is a solar powered watch which is what i wanted. I would nit have paid full price for this.
Published 11 months ago by Andrew H.

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT LITTLE WATCH, 20 July 2012
This review is from: Casio Men's Quartz Watch with Black Dial Analogue - Digital Display and Black Resin Strap AQ-S800W-1B2VEF, Solar Powered (Watch)
Liked the look of this watch when first saw it. Auto time set up and solar powered NO MORE BATTERIES. If I could change one thing, it would be to illuminate the whole face when the light is operated, it only does the digital display which is a bit small (especially in the small hours of the morning!!!!!).On the plus side, the hands are 'glow in the dark' All in all I would recommend this as a good everyday watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb piece of kit., 28 Mar 2013
Richard Le Moignan (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
For starters I love the colours. I saw a decent pictue of the watch posted on another website and thought that for the price it was worth a shot. When it came through I found that it looks better than the photo and is a good size for my wrist, which isn't the boggest in the world for a bloke.

It was easy to set up, though I did need to read the instruction booklet which came with it - rare for a bloke I know. When you set up the time you have to do so on the little digital display. The hands then move round automatically to the time set which I thought was really cool. There is no second hand (as in seconds, not the minute hand) which I dont miss, and the minute hand moves a slight increment every 20 seconds which you can hear if you are in a very quiet surround; I wondered what the sound was until I looked at the watch to see what it was. When you set the watch to summertime the hands automatically. The hands illuminate quite well in the dark for a little while after exposure to light.

The main reason for the purchase other than looks and functions was that it is solar powered and waterproof to 100 metres. I will never need to take the back off the watch and comprimise the integrity of the 'waterproofness' and it will never stop due to a battery running out. There is a handy funtion where you press the bottom left button once and the digital display will show you the level of power left. This will prompt you to place it on the shelf in daylight for a while if necessary.

Very pleased with this purchase :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, 31 May 2014
sirphilarybray (North West England) - See all my reviews
I always think that first impressions are important and my first impression of this watch as I unpacked it were very positive. I could easily believe it carried a price tag double or triple what Amazon are selling it for.

I bought it to replace a Casio G-Shock which I've had for over 20 years and had finally started falling to bits. Only this time around I was on a much tighter budget so had to find a cheaper option, but still wanted a solar powered model, as I've been using Eco drive Citizens for a few years now and will never again buy a watch that needs the battery changing!

The body of the watch is surprisingly slimline and light. The strap has a soft, rubbery feel and is also light and when you're wearing the watch it's quite easy to forget it's there.

The face is slightly bigger than I expected and because the bevel around the face isn't as deep and chunky as on my old G-Shock I believe the face will be a little more vulnerable to damage when I'm rock climbing. For this reason I nearly gave it 4 instead of 5 stars but stuck with 5 because, after all, it isn't the watch's fault I chose it and plan to wear it when climbing.

I know that many previous reviewers struggled to set the watch up but I have to say that I found it relatively straight forward. Maybe it's because I already own a Casio, I don't know, but as long as you read the manual it's fine.

It has a lot of functions. I'll probably use most of them at some time in the future but, in my view, it's better to have them and not need them rather than wish you had them. Unless, of course, you are paying a premium for them, which you are surely not in this case! The alarms and other various beeps are a little on the quiet side, don't know if that will be an issue in the future.

All in all, this is a fabulous watch for the price and, if I was that way inclined, I could easily pass this off as a much more expensive watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good product, 28 April 2012
liked it very much. loved the style. it is a very good watch, recommend it. I was impressed because thought since it was cheaper then normal casio couldn't expect much, but i was wrong

4.0 out of 5 stars Casio watch, 27 Aug 2013
Bought watch to wear at work.
Easy to read and hard wearing.
No batteries needed. Water proof. Great watch for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch !, 24 Mar 2013
Great watch. Not as big as it seems, very light, easy to set up. Excellent choice for the price !

4.0 out of 5 stars Casio Solar watch, 17 April 2012
Nice and light easy to use good for holidays when you don't want to take a more expensive watch good for swimming

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, 25 Dec 2013
Great watch. Slim, light, great features and easy to read. Solar power works well. Havent tested waterproofness. But no reason to doubt....its a casio! fantastic price too. I would definitely purchase again.

4.0 out of 5 stars NICE WATCH, 27 April 2014
Quite a nice watch for the price. Can be a little difficult setting it all up but if you follow the instructions it is OK. I would like the luminous hands to be a little brighter in the dark but you can't have everything at this price.

The bonus is having no battery to replace being it has solar power.

Good watch for the price and not heavy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solar Powered Casio Dual Analogue / Digital display, 14 April 2014
Simon W (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
Great watch. Shock proof, water proof, needs no battery replacements. Timer, alarms, stopwatch. Would have given it 5 stars if it had arrived as ordered. But first order was lost in transit. But Amazon have first rate customer service and re-ordered for me with next day delivery no extra charge and without fuss.