5.0 out of 5 stars Back in time with fantastic design
Published on 17 Jan. 2010 by C. LORD

2.0 out of 5 stars Luck of the draw?
Published 22 months ago by Roger Carter

5.0 out of 5 stars Back in time with fantastic design, 17 Jan. 2010
C. LORD (UK) - See all my reviews
Had an anglepoise lamp from when I was 14 yrs old until about 7 yrs ago when it needed rewireing. This was a job never done! Then seeing the newer Anglepoise 75S thought about getting a new one. The service was great and arrived speedely. I proudly put it on my bedside table. Its fantastic you can angle the light anywhere. The best lamp ever!! I now want my children to have one each for their desks. They last forever...nearly

5.0 out of 5 stars Traditional design, 21 Jan. 2010
My son asked for this lamp for Christmas and he is delighted with it. This is the original Anglepoise design and is a classic; elegant and superbly practical, a model of brilliant design and engineering. For those who appreciate good looks, style and function over a brightly-coloured piece of plastic that will be outdated and worn-out in a couple of years, the original Anglepoise lamp is number one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great desk lamp, 15 Oct. 2011
SAP "Steba" - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This lamp is easy to assemble. I was worried when it arrived in pieces because I thought it might take ages to put together. All you do is put the top onto the base, secure it with a screw and then clip the ends of the two springs on. (The other ends are already connected.) Simples. I like the matt black finish. The shade is nice, too, because it has ventilation holes at the top so it doesn't heat up at all. The base is heavy, too, which means that the lamp can be manipulated and positioned with one hand - no need to put the other hand on the base. Cheaper copies probably skimp on this to save costs. And it works beautifully - it is so light and well balanced, in equilibrium, that it is infinitely manoeuvrable and responds to the lightest touch. Lastly, it is a lovely ornament - like having a work of engineering on the desk. And it comes with a bulb! Top marks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spend the little extra, 29 April 2010
You get what you pay for, and this lamp is certainly a good example of this. The design is timeless, and youll be getting thrills out of it sitting on your desk for a long time. It is bright and lights my room beautifully, I'm very happy. 6 STARS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always wanted one!, 5 Dec. 2011
Paul Grant - See all my reviews
I have always yearned for a genuine anglepoise but always thought that it's too much to spend on a lamp. But boy-oh-boy, you do get a really nice product if you do purchase this one. I got mine in the recent "Black Friday" deals and so I am doubly happy!

The lamp is a thing of beauty - but you know that because you are looking this far in the product description. The matt paint finish is nice and even and the balance of the lamp once set-up is astonishing, adjusting it really is possible just by fingertip.

The supplied energy saving (or dreaded "eco" as some would have it) bulb seems one of the better ones with very quick start-up and no buzzing for me, which I do notice on some of these bulbs. The light is bright and really makes viewing printed paper much easy for this reviewer.

The only thing I would have preferred was to have the on-off switch in the very heavy base rather than in the cord, but the switch is so close to the lamp that this really isn't a hardship.

I now wish I had bought one years ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars Iconic desing + energy saving "daylight" bulb supplied = Excellent, 26 Nov. 2011
I recall having one of the larger lamps at art collage back in the early 1980s and I ditched it in a skip after buying a "long lamp bulb" style lamp from a high street store. WHY DID I DO THAT! Now, I have gone back to the most iconic lamp (the 75 version) for my home desk. The "installation" took less than 60 seconds, and with the supplied bulb it is perfectly balanced. The bulb, by the way, is a screw-in version and is bright and WHITE-LIGHT (and turns on immediately without any "warming-up" time as you get with some energy saving bulbs. Impressive.

The base is VERY sturdy and heavy and will not allow the lamp to tip over. The desk clamp (at a pricey £19.00) looks interesting and will buy this separately later.

The only design issue is the "in-cable" switch - I am sure that earlier designs had a button on the lamp shade/fitting to press. This would be better than the "in-cable" version. A minor quibble. Very minor.

Overall, this is stylish and a talking point with friends & visitors already after three days!

John Lewis stores sell this for £110 (26.11.2011) and I bought mine during BLACK FRIDAY deals for £47.99 reduced from AMAZON's standard selling price of £75.00.

Yes, it may be expensive for a lamp but it will last for decades.

5.0 out of 5 stars Desk lighting., 24 Dec. 2010
This anglepoise lamp is everything I could have asked for. It is beautifully balanced and the 15W low energy bulb is not only economical but gives an excellent degree of illumination. It is not the cheapest on the market but I think it is well worth the cost. I can't fault it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Luck of the draw?, 15 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Anglepoise Type 75 Desk Lamp, White (Kitchen & Home)
I found the same problems as I. Carpenter encountered (3 star rating), and more. The lamp body wobbles slightly where it sits in the base. The tiny screw fixing the body to the base became unuseable after the allen key destroyed the head. Also, the joint between the lampshade and the supporting arm is so stiff, the arm has to be held in order to alter the angle of the shade, which defeats one of the design objectives. I have tried to contact 'Anglepoise' by telephone, but their line has been busy all afternoon. Disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great!, 16 July 2010
This consists of a power cord, with an in- line on/ off switch, a heavy weighted base attached to a spring- balanced support structure and jointed armature, and a lamp shade. The support provides complete 360 degree rotation and a lamp height range of 55 inches (half of which is when the lamp's bent double over an edge.) The lamp shade mounting gives a further 240 degrees of twist and 45 degrees of tilt.
If you place this product in the middle of an empty room and switch it on, there is no part of the room you cannot illuminate.
Provided in the box are Allen keys, which you use to set up the resistances in the joints to suit your own preferences. You also get a small bag of spare parts- the plastic washers which line these various joints. A low- energy bulb is provided. This runs very cool, so you can grab and move the shade safely no matter how long it's been on.
Finally, as a bonus, there's a pack of cool postcards, illustrating the Anglepoise range.

This lamp is called model 75 to mark the 75th anniversary of the Anglepoise range. It says it all that such a durable product, (carefully used, they should never need replacing,) which is far from the cheapest on the market, is still selling well, as it was in my Grandfather's day.
Definitely recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made, high quality, stylish lamp, 22 Nov. 2012
I don't know how much wasted money I have spent buying the wrong desk lamps ever since I was a high school student. If only I had gotten this beautiful Anglepoise right at the beginning!

Pros:
- The movements are really fluid as others have said.
- Black matte finish is nice to look at.
- Base is solid
- Bulb included - light is a bit yellow instead of white, but I'm not fussing; it was included after all.
- Quick three step setup - place remaining two springs into place, place onto base, tighten bolt with included allen keys.
- Doesn't get too hot to touch at all.

Cons:
- Light switch is on the wire - I never really was a fan of these types of switches attached to the power cord. I've clipped the cord using a quick release clip on the wall so the switch is now on the wall, visible and accessible.
- The point at which the base and the leg of the lamp is attached is a bit wiggly. Not so much it would fall off, but enough to make me notice when I swivel the lamp around. I've tried tightening the bolt/screw but it doesn't seem to be making a difference.
- (not Anglepoise's fault) The lamp shade has 3 nicks at the top near the holes when I got this from Amazon. The packaging was intact though. It seems someone noticed it; as it's been "painted/marked/covered" with a layer of black ink/paint to make it less obvious. Not too happy about this. It's the first time I got a damaged product from Amazon, but I'm not bother returning it. I got this on the black friday sale for about 50 quids.

If you're looking to get a good desk lamp that's going to be durable with a good range of positions, stylish and to add some artistic statement to your desk... I'd say definitely go for it. Don't think this will go out of fashion.

Anglepoise Type 75 Desk Lamp, White