1,241 Reviews
 (1,044)

5.0 out of 5 stars Super bright indeed!
A neat little pocket torch with fantastic adjustable beam. Can find a black labrador at 100 meters in the dark! Very pleased with this purchase.
Published 19 months ago by Marion Yates

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Torch ....But
Great little torch when it works...Had the torch for short period, used nightly and proved to be very good, very bright and ideal for my needs. However after a short time the torch stopped working when i pushed the on button(not a battery issue as i replaced them)
Published on 14 Mar. 2013 by Mrs. S. Bonthrone

5.0 out of 5 stars Super bright indeed!, 10 Oct. 2013
This review is from: LE Adjustable Focus CREE LED Flashlight, Super Bright, Batteries Included (DIY & Tools)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant zoom torch!, 1 Nov. 2012
This torch replaces a 4xC-battery Maglite.
The maglite is ultra-heavy and bulky, though arguably has a better beam length.
HOWEVER, for ease of use delivering groceries at night in rural Lincolnshire, this pocket-sized torch really cuts it!
The wide beam is excellent for lighting my way and viewing paperwork and the full zoom gives a very narrow beam that cuts through closed van windows with low reflection.
All this for a tenner posted! No contest!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded Expectations, 4 Aug. 2014
PPS076 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
Reason for buying:
I decided to buy this product because I was looking for a small, inexpensive and bright LED flashlight that I could keep in either my handbag, car or pocket.

Quality and Size:
The product is very well build and is constructed of high quality heavy duty aluminium on the outside which is scratch and fade resistant and a plastic battery holder inside. The length of the flashlight is slightly smaller than the length of a tea spoon whilst the width is the same size as the head of a tea spoon.

Features and Performance:
The flashlight has an adjustable beam focus which is a controlled by twisting the head of the torch clockwise and anti clockwise. You switch the torch on by pressing the button in the rear of the flashlight. It can produce either a close range wide scattered beam, a tunnel visioned long range focus or any angle in between the two settings. It has a beam distance of approx 500ft / 150m which I can confirm is accurate. Not only was I impressed with the light beam quality and power that it produced for such a small flashlight but it exceeded my expectations. The strength of the light is 140lm.

I have used it a significant amount of times and I have not had any issues with it. It did fall on the floor from waist height with me on one occasion, however that did not prevent the flash light from performing all tasks to the required standard.

Batteries:
The flashlight comes with 3 AAA batteries which are the ones you usually use in your TV remote. They fit nicely into the inner section of the flashlight that you access by twisting the rear section of the torch and placing them in the dedicated battery housing. The flashlight has a battery life of 30,000 hours which is very impressive and will be ample for most individuals to use for several years without the need to replace the batteries.

Value:
I believe that the flashlight offers very good value given it's performance vs price. It is a high quality flashlight at a very low price.

Verdict: Exceeded Expectations.

If you wish to provide feedback on this review please follow the link below. Thanks.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Torch ....But, 14 Mar. 2013
Something was rattling inside..and the only way the torch would work was if you gave it a shake. I had treated the torch with care, so not sure why it wasnt working right. The torch has now become too Hit and MIss to be used confidently, even if you can get it to come on, the beam is often not as bright as it should be and goes out if moved too much. Contacted amazon, told i could have refund. I wanted a replacement torch..The torch is great when it works. Contacted Home Mart.. They have told me there is a two yr warranty on item, so would send me 'a warranty order' whatever that is !! still waiting.. have emailed them several times, just getting the run around...pity, great torch(when it works) poor customer service......Boo

4.0 out of 5 stars Top quality!, 11 Aug. 2013
I've always bought cheap torches, because I always seem to lose or break them. But I decided to go for one a bit better to help me in my job as an electrician. I had a budget of about 30 quid, but I stumbled across this for such a low price and thought I'd give it a try! I wasn't disappointed! With a decent make of fresh batteries the light from the LED bulb is amazing! Much better than the light from standard torch bulbs! It also lasted MUCH longer, at an estimate I'd say three times as long! And even when it starts to run down it doesn't just die like normal torches, it keeps going with a somewhat lower brightness! I've never yet seen it die completely!

My only gripe about it is that the front cover over the bulb somehow seems to come loose in my tool box and fall off. It's no big deal though, as it is easy to screw back on. For this reason I will give it four and a half stars out of five!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional value., 19 Jan. 2012
CREE torches are the business. This one is exceptional value and seems sturdy enough for general use. The beam is unbelievable (100's metres) and an absolute delight. Zoom feature is quick and easy (better than some more expensive models).
I chose this item because at £11.50, it was the cheapest CREE/zoom I could find. Not being a member of the special services, I only needed a general purpose design and this fits the bill perfectly. The only minor criticism I can offer is that there is only a single on/off switch and this model has 3 user modes (very bright, bright and flashing). Therefore you have to cycle through these on/off options to get the one you want, an issue that doesn't bother me and I believe is common to other makes as well.

Very pleased, its a joy to use and a real "boy's toy"!

4.0 out of 5 stars Things can only get better., 5 Nov. 2013
Setting up this torch (I haven't bought a torch for years) required plenty of patience and 20:20 eyesight.

1) putting the instructions for setting up in cream writing on a lime green ground is a mad design decision. So, without a legible clue 2) which way round do the batteries go? There is a "-" sign on the base. But that is NOT the way they go. I lost count of the combinations I tried before the light came on.

This has great reviews. I presume from people unfazed by the set up process.

Things have, indeed, got better. The torch is proving very useful, being small enough to put in a pocket when outdoor activities beckon (usually dog walking in my case) which have to be done in the dark at this time of year. The beam, at its widest, is still powerful enabling me to avoid potholes and find the dog (at the same time). The tight beam entrances children, I've found ('is it a fairy?'). I presume it's really for finding keys/keyholes. The point of switch on is novel: at the opposite end of the torch to the light beam. I suppose it is designed to be switched on with the same hand you're holding it with. The designer must have more flexible fingers than I do. But then, presumably this is the same designer who reckoned cream writing on light green was the way to go ... yes, OK, I'll shut up about that now.

More when I see how long the 3 x AAA batteries last.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST SMALL TORCH, 13 Feb. 2014
J. Fox (Brighton , UK) - See all my reviews
I Have used a lot of small torches along with different brands, This one stands out BY FAR, EXTREMELY POWERFUL for such a small torch, Batteries last a long time. And is very light but also Very touch, Not like those ones you buy in a supermarket or DIY Store. I use this for little jobs like working on my Motorbike, Or in my shed at night time. The Beam is very Powerful at long range, (Once you have pulled the front forward). Although this is not a waterproof torch, I have used this in rain and it has held the water out 100%. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this product for anyone looking for a small, Light, Powerful, Shock and scratch resistant torch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product, 4 Jan. 2014
Excellent torch, small yet powerful, very bright light which is adjustable, portable and robust. A good choice torch fro me to see down the garden, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Bright LED Torch, 5 Jan. 2014
This pocket size torch is worth every penny. It's super bright and has an adjustable beam. It has a sturdy construction and a metal body. Don't be tempted to look into the beam or you'll be seeing stars for hours! Very helpful seller too.