Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 September 2015
nierly as good as the first album
on 20 February 2015
i reckon its a great cooper cd
on 16 April 2016
love alice cooper <3
on 2 November 2014
Amazing album AAA+
on 3 September 2015
fine product
on 3 March 2012
Diehard Alice fans will always make exceptions - but I fail to understand why this has so many 5 star reviews. I have every Alice albumn from Love It To Death through to From The Inside ..and a few of the decent 80s/90s releases beyond that (from 1975 onwards all purchased upon release). However, I don't think there is anything on this that would have made the original WTMN record. Proves simply to underline just how fabulous his 70s body of work is.
on 23 July 2014
good cd
on 30 June 2013
I have purchased many Alice Copper albums and this is the worst I've ever purchased. As another reviewer states not one of these songs would have made the original "welcome to ..". There are far better bands and music than Alice Cooper now appears to be.
(I suppose I should have sold this before writing the review as its so negative). There is not one good song on this, there are only mediocre, bad and rubbish.
This CD is the worst purchase I've made on Amazon for a very long time and certainly the last Alice Cooper CD I'll be buying purely on the "name"
on 27 September 2011
Hmmm. Not really what I want from Alice Cooper. I'm a huge fan of Alice Cooper's live shows but it's maybe 20 years since I've played their stuff at home. As a live band they are famous for theatrics and showmanship but what is rarely mentioned is that the Alice Cooper Band is a serious hard rocking Metal band - and I love it.

Sadly, this album is really light and fluffy. It sounds like movie soundtracks. Or maybe even a West End musical? (I've never been to a musical).

If I didn't know this was Alice Cooper I wouldn't have given it more than 2 minutes. As it is I'll probably not give it a second play.
55 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 September 2011
I've been a fan of Alice since the 70's when he started with his original band and produced the classic albums; Killer, School's Out, Muscle of Love, Billion Dollar Babies. I saw him in concert then and also 25 years later. Can't say I'm a fan of his post Alice Cooper band music but Welcome to my Nightmare was a truly superb album in the original Cooper mould.
I was so hoping this album would live up to the original, amongst other reasons, because I'm going to see AC live in Manchester in October; however, for me, this album is as poor as the original is brilliant. '2' lacks the character and imagination of WTMN, no Vincent Price style monologues, no soundtracks that mirror the excellent lyric writing of the original; apart from the titles, these two albums are worlds apart.
The first track, 'I Am Made Of You', has Cooper's voice synthesized, a la Cher...and that's what jumped into my mind when I first heard it. Not a good start. 'What Baby Wants', hmmm, I'm sure I could hear connotations of M Jackson's Thriller in there somewhere, and 'The Underture', a medley of WTMN tracks, just makes you realise what is missing from '2' after listening to the original, and seems strangely out of place. Not one track jumps out at me, grabs me by the b@lls, and shouts ''Classic'' into my face. When I heard AC was teaming back up with Bob Ezrin to make this album I was expecting magic, instead I'm hugely disappointed.