5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For Android Tablets
As someone who actually writes whole words when emailing I found I needed a physical keyboard to get the most out of my Android tablet - the on-screen keyboard just took up too much space.

Published on 15 Jun 2012 by J. Ritchie

2.0 out of 5 stars Hotkeys (i.e. F-row) don't work at all on Mac OS X or on IOS
Bought this keyboard as it is well reviewed, and as it is advertised as "compatible with IOS [and] Android". Indeed, the keyboard has some things going for it: solid build quality, and it connects and maintains a connection very well (additionally, I like that it is USB rechargeable, as opposed to apple's bluetooth keyboard, which requires AA batteries).

The...
Published 23 months ago by Michael D. B.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For Android Tablets, 15 Jun 2012
J. Ritchie (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Perixx PERIBOARD-804i US, Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard - Silver & White - Up to 10 Meters Operating Range - Ultrathin 6.5mm Design - 261x129mm Portable Size - Silent X Type Scissor Keys - Rechargeable Battery - On/Off Switch - 128 Bit AES Encryption - US English Layout (Electronics)

So I took a risk and purchased this keyboard. It has Bluetooth linking and synchronising it with the tablet was a matter of pressing a few buttons and entering a 4-digit code.

This mini-keyboard is a copy of a full-sized keyboard, so it has all the letters and numbers and punctuation where you'd expect, with the [Shift] key giving access to the usual upper case and extra punctuation. Most importantly, for me, it also has arrow keys so I can move the cursor around the screen accurately.

My tablet on-screen keyboard only has room for letters or numbers/punctuation, not both, but having a physical keyboard means everything is available in front of me, especially the [Shift] punctuation, which I can see on the keys BEFORE I hit the [Shift] key, whereas with the on-screen keyboard I have to hunt for punctuation as it isn't laid out like a standard keyboard.

The keys themselves are square with a positive click when in use. They're well spread out, but the layout is slightly skewed as the [#/~] key is missing. This is because it's an American layout, not British. This means that there's no [] key and the [@] and ["] keys are transposed. I'm used to different keyboards so it isn't a problem for me. However, the tablet identified it as British so gave it a British layout, meaning I have to remember that there IS a [] key etc. Again, not a problem for me but you always tell your tablet the keyboard is American if you can't cope.

The keyboard has a good heft to it and looks solidly made. It has a rechargeable battery that uses a standard USB connection to recharge. either plug it into a PC or get a power plug to attach it to the mains.

Overall I can't think of anything I don't like about this keyboard and I'm looking forward to using it for many years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless keyboard, 16 Jan 2012
I wanted a keyboard for my iphone so that I could write documents on it when I was travelling, and didn't need to take my laptop everywhere. The Perixx keyboard is perfect. Really easy to set up - just press a couple of buttons under the keyboard - and it links into the phone by bluetooth. It is light and slim so great for travelling and feels just like a normal keyboard to use. The phone picks up the keyboard signals perfectly so typing with itPerixx PERIBOARD-804i, Wireless iPad/iPhone Bluetooth Keyboard - Silver/White - Ultra Slim 6mm Design - Compatible with iOS - Scissor Keys Design - Li Ion Rechargeable Battery - US English Layout is just as if I were using a PC. I would definitely recommend this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hotkeys (i.e. F-row) don't work at all on Mac OS X or on IOS, 8 Aug 2012

The F-ROW HOTKEYS ON THIS KEYBOARD, however, DO NOT WORK WITH MAC PRODUCTS (even though the user manual indicates that they SHOULD). Additionally, there are some quick-key shortcomings with android. I use a 2011 Macbook Pro, an iPad 3, and an HTC Evo Android phone. Have connected with each of these devices (and connected to my wife's iPhone 3gs), and the keyboard's hotkeys are non-functional with each of these.

Emailed Perixx customer support (well, not customer support, per se, but the only email address I could find on their website), and didn't hear back (3 days since email).

In sum, if you don't need or want: F-row functionality on the keyboard when interfacing with Mac or Android, or responsive/accessible customer support, then these keyboard seems like a solid buy. I can't comment on how it would interface with windows products.

I'll be returning this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made., 19 Jun 2012
A well made Bluetooth keyboard which I bought for my Blackberry Playbook, got it working straight away. The Keyboard action is just as good as My MacBook Pro.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bluetooth keyboard at great price, 8 Mar 2012
Harry Palmer (London, England) - See all my reviews
Purchased the keyboard recently and arrived promptly and well packaged. Really is easy to get up and running and does everything you need (with 2011 Mac-Mini). Not needing batteries is a great plus for this item. Comes with USB lead for charging (plugged into my motorola phone charger and is also same as Kindle). Been running for a couple of weeks now without sign of needing a recharge. A really good and inexpensive alternative to the official item and no worry about running out of batteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value and great keyboard, 5 Feb 2012
Bought this to use with my netbook so I could plug it into a proper screen and use a wireless mouse to effectively use it as a (low power) destop. I'd always liked the Apple keyboards but not the price tag. To be honest I was expecting flaws but so far I have found none, it was detected by Windows XP and connected first time, has never lost connection and I have experienced no problems with key sensitivity.

Also very easy to keep clean. It does have a slight plastic feel when you lift it but typing feels great (much better than the keys on my Samsung NC10 and even the ones on my large Microsoft keyboards). Just be prepared to take a while getting used to its American layout and smaller "Enter" key. This isn't an issue as long as you know how to remap keys in Windows.

I noticed some reviews mention it didn't come with a USB charger cable but mine did (it even arrived charged). It is possible these people missed it in the box as it is in a separate compartment. Seems to charge very quickly and so far I haven't had to even bother switching it off while not in use overnight and during the day.

If you want a lightweight, compact keyboard that you can still touch-type on, isn't going to get covered in dust, fall to bits or keep needing batteries replaced then I cannot recommend this enough, met all of my expectations and more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 21 Jun 2014
Bought to go with my daughter's Kindle Fire. It was easy to set up and works perfectly. She's had it well over a year and we've had no problems with it all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth keyboard, 12 May 2014
Arrived as promised. Everything works perfectly well, connected to my Asus Vivotab (windows 8) in a snap.
Feels nice to the touch, soft, comfortable and very responsive.
The fact that it comes with a charger makes it stand out in a good way, cos I've had a regular one before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it claims, 6 May 2014
Works very well. It's intriguing that what I would really like it to do is cope with several different devices without unpairing/re-pairing each time, but I note that such devices cost 4 times as much so I can't complain (and have awarded 5 stars accordingly).

5.0 out of 5 stars Mobile computing, 3 Mar 2014
Peter Rooney "Peadar" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This is a excellent bluetooth keyboard, weighs very little, you barely notice it in your backpack, I use it with a Nexus 7 and it weighs about half and fits into the same pocket, once paired it connects quickly and works well. I've had the keyboard about a year and had to charge it twice and never had a problem with it.

Absolutely vital for working on a tablet on the go. Definitely recommend.