5.0 out of 5 stars Transformed Telly
Published on 12 April 2012 by Mrs Baker

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed
Published 1 month ago by Blue and white

5.0 out of 5 stars Transformed Telly, 12 April 2012
This review is from: Goodmans Freeview Automatic Set Up and Auto Retune Twin Scart Digital Set Top Box (Electronics)
We thought our analogue portable telly was destined for the dustbin until a friend offered her freeview box which I set up but the next day wouldn't work so I resorted to Amazon to see what was on offer and found this ideal 'tiny' box of tricks. Quickly delivered without paying extra. Extremely easy to set up and our old telly has a new purpose in life and it gives us loads more channels to watch - so the kids are happy, CBeebies, CBBC and CITV included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodmans freeview digital box, 13 Dec 2011
I was a bit wary at first as i have only got a loft ariel but as soon as i connected up everything was so easy to set up and the picture is perfect,I only had 5 channels now i have got the pick of 112.It also comes with a RF lead which you have to supply with other freeview boxes

5.0 out of 5 stars goodman freeview automatic set up, 3 Mar 2012
I am an 72 years old and had no problem in setting up this set top box. I would recommend it as a moderately priced box. As usual Amazon delivered a thoroughly satisfactory service.

5.0 out of 5 stars standby settings no problem, 20 April 2012
J. Coy (London, England) - See all my reviews
Just thought I would add this as one customer said it "kept going into standby" and this makes people think there is a problem. There isn't.

The solution is on page 71 of the User Guide. When you set up the "auto-standby" setting will be "on" and so will default to satndby after 3 hours. You just need to turn this setting to "off" by using the remote control:

Menu - Configuration - System parameters - Auto-standby settings

all works fine

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 4 Sep 2014
I guess you get what you pay for with this. The main cable is very short, and because the box is so small and so lightweight, if any of the 4 cables that come out at the back move, the box falls off the unit it sits on. The buttons on the remote are very small and close together, so if your fingers aren't that nimble, or you have long fingernails this is a problem. The screen freezes constantly, not only on the picture, but also the EPG and the menu, and because there's no on/off button on the box, I have to keep constantly unplugging it and then back in again, but this doesn't always work. This model doesn't de-code scrambled channels, so I can't get ITV3, Drama, 5*, 5USA, Quest, Ch5+1, QVC, and several more. Now the standby/power button is half red, half green, and all I can get is BBC1.......I've either got a duff box, because I never had any of these problems with my previous box, or it's just not up to the job. I bought this box for the TV in my bedroom. It's really not worth sending it back, so I guess I'll just have to read a book rather than watch TV.......

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for TVs with no Scart, 7 Mar 2012
westwit (West Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
Seems a very good product for the price, with a nice strong signal even from a loft aerial, and it's certainly very easy to set up. Could be five stars apart from the point below about RF.

Be aware that, despite what you may think from the technical description (RF output - lead supplied), this box does not have the RF modulator that is required to connect to an older TV set with no scart connection. You can only get a signal from this box to your TV through a scart socket (no scart leads supplied!). If your TV has no scart socket you will need a scart to RF modulator. Or there is a work around by routing the scart cable from the freeview box to a video recorder's scart input and then connecting an RF coax from that video recorder to the TV and tuning a TV channel to that output. See [...]

And by the way: it's only £24.99 at Currys / PC World!

5.0 out of 5 stars goodmans freeview digital set top box, 30 Jun 2012
The product is fine It arrived on time and the packaging was satisfactory Very easy to install I would recommend this product

1.0 out of 5 stars Atrocious product. Not fit for purpose in my opinion. Avoid., 10 Dec 2012
Easy to set up, hence the favourable ratings, I suspect. Unfortunately only worked for 2 days, then repeatedly froze and had to be "rebooted" each time in order to restore normal functionality. Subsequently speaking to retailers about it- feedback was that it was "rubbish" and that I would have been lucky if it lasted 3 months anyhow. I can only conclude that it is not fit for purpose and am searching for something more reliable. Very disappointing- Amazon should discontinue this product in my opinion. Avoid at all costs- money and time wasted. The remote control is so cheap and nasty it has to be seen to be believed- like a child's toy with such small buttons you need a toddler sized hand to work it. Quality so lamentable only a squeak away from a dog toy. Actually, go for a dog toy instead, you will have more lasting entertainment from it than this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars uncomplicated and good value, 1 July 2012
Athon (East Sussex, England, UK) - See all my reviews
Very easy to set up. Best picture ever on my old bedroom TV. Only very slight downside is the remote which sometimes requires buttons to be pushed very firmly. Excellent value and recommended for secondary TV's

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 July 2012
My Ferguson TV is over ten years old and I was reluctant to update as the picture is excellent. Finally decided to upgrade the Freeview box instead and after some time spent reading all of the reviews,opted for the Goodman.

It arrived before the date given and when I opened the package was surprised as to how small it was, just over half the size of the old one.

Proceeded to unpack, read the instructions and installed. Took me roughly ten minutes and I'm not technically minded.

The instructions were clear and concise and even the remote control is the perfect size with easy to read buttons. The TV was soon up and running. Everything is user friendly which isn't always the case.

I would highly recommend this product.