5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, as always
For the best stew, slow, even cooking is very important. The cast iron walls help here a lot. And cleaning is a non issue, thanks to the exceptional quality of the coating.
I am using these stuff for a long time now, and unlike other similar cast iron products, the coating stays as new, never damaged. This is well worth the price. I am in love.
Published 16 months ago by Feco

1.0 out of 5 stars Not pleased
The casserole arrived very quickly but had a pitted lid. It is obviously a sub standard casserole. Most disappointed with the product which was duly returned.
Published 11 months ago by Sally

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, as always, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Le Creuset 26 cm Cast Iron Shallow Casserole, Coastal Blue (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cast Iron Cert!, 5 Sep 2011
Featuring the NEW Stainless Steel knob, this stunning CAST IRON dish is one of several pieces from Le Creuset's NEW - 'COASTAL BLUE' range.

26 cm size SHALLOW Cast Iron CASSEROLE dish, with lid, from (aka The BUFFET CASSEROLE)
Approximate capacity : 2L

Boxed, complete with full CAST IRON use & care instructions.

Suitable for any hob-top or pop it in the oven.....even under the grill to brown off, if required.
Well designed lifting handles, but don't forget your (matching) oven gloves.

Relatively easy to wash up, by hand although it can require a bit of soaking and a rub with a plastic brush....for those more stubborn baked-on food remains.
Dishwasher safe.

An old favourite of mine, the shallow but wide base of this particular casserole makes it a preference for a number of recipes
and my current favourite is a delicious, quick 'Oven-baked Seafood Paella', from pages 92 & 93, in Nick Coffer's:

My Daddy Cooks: 100 Fresh New Recipes for the Whole Family

If you are looking for further inspiration, Sue Cutts has a chapter dedicated to the 'SHALLOW CASSEROLES' in the LE CREUSET book, The Cast Iron Way to Cook, and another favourite recipe of mine is 'Poached Fruits in Orange Syrup'
from page 35, which makes full use of this super dish in its 'cook-and-serve' role.

The SHALLOW CASSEROLE also comes in a larger, and heavier 30 cm/ 3.2L size.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 12 Feb 2014
I wanted a low casserole so I could fit other things in my oven. It's great although I should have bought the 30cm because the lack of depth meant I can't fit so much in it. I will treat myself to the 30cm next time. The colour goes perfectly with my kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful casserole, 30 Nov 2013
I saw this casserole in a programme with Nigel Slater. I couldn't find it in any shops in Denmark, in the right colour, but found it on Amazon. It is every bit as beatiful anf useful as I hoped and I have used it nearly everyday since i bought it

1.0 out of 5 stars Not pleased, 14 Sep 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Too small,, 3 April 2012
I love Le Creuset and this Coastal blue is a beautiful colour, but I must say this size (26 cm) is rather small, and I find the food gets crowded and can spill over the edge. I only cook for two people, but still not enough room in the pan. I would definitely go for a bigger one, I wish I had. Unfortunately they are pricier, but if you want to cook with ease, this pan is a bit small.