5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 16 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Daydream Aloe Vera Nature Sleep Mask with Cool Pack (Personal Care)
I have never used a sleep mask before, but I have moved into a flat next to a main road and there are street lights right outside, which was affecting my sleep.

I am very happy with this mask, it blocks out all the light and the two foam pads fit nicely over the sides of my nose. The two straps on the back are adjustable so you can fit them to your head.

The mask is very comfortable and the cooling pad is a really nice feature if you have a headache or it is a very hot night. I am not sure how much aloe vera there is in the mask or if it is supposed to have a noticeable effect, but it doesn't seem to do anything for me, so you probably shouldn't buy this mask just for this feature.

My only complaint would be that the mask seems to get pushed up onto my forehead during sleep but I suspect this is due to me tossing and turning rather than a problem with the mask :)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great day's sleep, 20 Jan. 2013
A great item to help you sleep or for relaxation. Definitely worth that little bit extra.

I was bought this eye mask as a present for Christmas. I have never used an eye mask before and was unsure how I would get on with it. I work from home but often find myself keeping unusual hours and sleeping during the day. I am not the lightest of sleepers once I get to sleep but I have real problems falling asleep if it is light outside.

Quite simply this mask is fabulous. It completely blocks out all of the light, total black out. There are two nose pads at the bottom which prevent light coming in from the nose area which I have read can be a problem with some cheaper masks. I think the manufacturers may have made some changes as I had read some reviews for the daydream brand on Amazon complaining about the single strap. On the mask I received there are two adjustable straps which ensure a snug but comfortable fit resulting in the mask staying in place while you sleep. It is important to note that in order to keep the mask from riding up or even coming off completely during the time you are asleep you will need to adjust the straps to make the mask a fairly snug fit but do not worry this will not leave marks on your face. Funnily enough, the first time I wore the mask I woke up thinking I had majorly overslept as it was completely dark out, then I realised, I still had the mask on!

The inside is nice and soft but I could not notice any aloe vera. The packaging did state that it was too small to be seen with the naked eye nor would it be possible to feel or smell. Well they were not lying there. Whether there really is any aloe on the mask I do not know. My eyes do seem to have lost the dark shadows under them but they are never puffy so not sure if it would help to reduce puffiness or not. Is it the aloe or simply getting a better sleep? No idea, just pleased it is working. I have also tried the cool pack which is included. This is a heavenly feature and really does feel nice and relaxing on tired eyes.

I would recommend this product to anyone looking for an eye mask to keep out the light, or to calm a headache. However not sure if I can honestly recommend it for the beauty effects of aloe as I am unsure if there really is any aloe or not.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good mask, 13 Jun. 2013
Not a total black out, but close. The nose pads really help, but it should be noted they are not as the look in the pictures. They are just two pieces of foam added to the outside of the mask and seem a bit flimsy. The two adjustable straps really help fit the mask to your head nicely. The cooling mask is great for migraines and headaches, or just tired eyes.