5.0 out of 5 stars Well, is this the best chair ever? Read on and see ...
Published on 25 April 2012 by Karen Baxter

I bought the Topstar Sitness 200 because i like yoga and think it is a very good thing, and liked the versatility it offered.
Published 2 months ago by Joao Silva

1.0 out of 5 stars I bought the Topstar Sitness 200 because i like yoga and think it is a very good thing, 17 Oct 2014
Joao Silva (Portugal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Topstar YO290W55E Sitness 200 Yoga Based Fitness Swivel Chair - Green (Office Product)
I actually never used it for yoga, don't ask me why, but as a conventional chair job goes, it doesn't give back support, as it has a feature that tilts the base of the chair in all directions, so it tilts when you try to rest on the backrest, and you never actually get to fully rest on it because of this feature. Im not the only one thinking this chair isnt any good, especially for the price, my family sitted on it and agreed with me.
I'll guess it will only be good for yoga sitting and exercises, and not actually as a place to rest and be sitted relaxed.

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent chair, but why the "Yoga-inspired" gimmicky footrest?!, 27 Jun 2012
Ian Thomas "Swarley" (Cambridgeshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Don't get me wrong - I really, really like this chair. It's well designed, looks cool, is highly adjustable and well built, and most importantly it's very comfortable. I just don't get the "Yoga-inspired" adjustable footrest, which can be extended so you can adopt a Yoga style sitting position. The design is really clever and it's very quick to extend the footrest, but I personally wouldn't choose to sit cross-legged for extended periods whilst using a computer. I can barely fit my legs under the desk with my legs crossed! You shouldn't necessarily let that put you off, since this is a really comfortable conventional office chair with the footrest folded up and out of sight.

I won't bore you by listing all the features, as Amazon has already done that, but here are the main points for me:

Positives:

- I really like the curved shape of the backrest, which offers excellent lumbar support.

- The 3-dimensional tilt feature of the seat base is unique (as far as I know) and actually works really well once you get used to it, as the chair tilts to your desired position and prevents you from staying totally still for extended periods.

- The amount of padding is just right - firm but supportive.

Negatives:

- The "permanent-contact-mechanism" is a nice idea, but the tension is not adjustable and the default setting is just too light for me and doesn't quite provide enough support.

- The headrest seems pointless, as no matter how I adjust it my head never actually makes contact with it!

- The chair's really quite heavy. This is due to the top quality materials, which is no bad thing, but be aware of the weight when assembling and moving this chair around, as it might be quite awkward for some people to manage.

As a high-end office chair, this is a fantastic product. However, the elevated price is likely due to the Yoga-inspired special feature, and I didn't find the special footrest added much value for me, other than being cool and unusual. On balance, I have to knock a star off for that, given it's supposed to be the main selling point of this chair. However, if you're looking for a chair that offers the maximum choice of sitting positions, and particularly if you're a Yogi in training, this would probably be the perfect chair for you! For everyone else, if you're looking for a cool and unusual top quality office chair, and don't mind paying extra for that, this is well worth a look.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well, is this the best chair ever? Read on and see ..., 25 April 2012
Karen Baxter (Wales UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When a delivery man arrived the other day with a huge triangular box, it took me a while to realise that it was this amazing chair that I was expecting from Amazon. The chair was very well packaged against damage in transit and came in a few pieces that my husband managed to put together without too much effort. And boy, does it look smart ... the colour in the photograph does not really do it justice, it is a beautiful rich deep purple colour which works well with the high shine of the steel framework.

Anyway, enough about the chair's appearance ... does it perform? That's the most important question, especially considering the extremely high end price tag. I will not go into too many technical details as you can find that information on the Amazon product page.

Both my husband and I have quite severe back problems with associated sciatica which makes it difficult to sit in one position for any length of time and this is where "Topstar's Sitness 110 Yoga based futuristic fitness swivel chair" comes into its own. This chair just loves being used in different positions and the more the better, almost every area of the 'Sitness' can be moved into several positions this giving you the ability of sitting at a desk (computer, studying or otherwise) for much longer periods of time than you would usually be able to.

The ergonomically contour-shaped backrest is fully adjustable, so is the footrest which can be altered by a quick press of a button. The seat has three-dimensionally movability which although feels strange at first, certainly eases sciatica pain.

So all in all I am pretty impressed with the "Topstar Sitness Chair", is it worth the large price tag? Absolute honest answer ... I don't know, only time will tell. But what I can say is this, if this chair enables my husband and myself to spend a longer time on our computer, pain free or helps any of my teenage boys study for longer periods of time without shoulder pain or back-ache, then it most definitely is worth it! But that's only my opinion.