5.0 out of 5 stars Isa has done it again!, 16 Jun 2009
R. Heywood (Bolton) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vegan Brunch (Paperback)
What can I say? I have all 4 of this author's books and I am never disappointed.

When it first came out, I wasn't sure whether I wanted to buy it or not because the word 'Brunch' just seems very specific. I'm glad I overcame my reservations because these recipes are can be used any time of the day and in any situation, not just for brunch.

I've only had the book for a couple of days and so far I have made the hash browns, italian 'sausages', mushroom gravy and the coffee chocolate chip muffins and all have been a delight. They were easy to make, and came out like the recipe directed. They all seem thoroughly tested and not just put in to 'fill the pages out'.

To top it all off, there is a beautiful picture for nearly every recipe, something nearly unheard of in a vegan cookbook. Buy this book if only to drool over the pictures, it's worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 27 Sep 2009
J. Williams "jmw5577" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vegan Brunch (Paperback)
Vegan Brunch is delightful to look at and all of the recipes I've tried so far are fantastic. Despite the title, and as previous reviewers have mentioned, these are not recipes solely for brunch purposes. In fact, I've made the Chesapeake tempeh cakes for dinner several times (with mashed potatoes and broccoli) and they were amazing! I never stop getting compliments from friends and family when they try any of the food I make from this cookbook - and none of them are vegan! Highly recommended for anyone who loves fresh, delicious and inventive recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best muffin recipes ever!, 12 Jun 2010
Z. Armstrong - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vegan Brunch (Paperback)
This book is worth buying for the bakery style berry muffin recipe alone. They are the best muffins I have ever tasted, vegan or non vegan. The Brazilian french toast is also amazing and a great way to use up over ripe bananas and stale bread, and If you top it with fresh berries your getting a couple of your 5 a day before you start your day!! The book is well set out with varied recipes. You could easily whip up lunch, dinner and pudding from this book. I always find American recipes for sweets have waaaaay too much sugar in them, soIi just put in less and they still work out fine, these recipes included. I read in someone else's review that they hadn't made anything because they couldn't find canola oil in the UK. Don't be put off by that, you can use sunflower oil!!! All Isa's books are incredible and the recipes are delicious, regardless of your dietry views!Vegan Brunch

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!!, 2 Sep 2009
A. Wheaton (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vegan Brunch (Paperback)
I have "Vegan's with a Vengance", "The Veganomicon" and "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World". I love all three of these books, the recipes are easy and delicious and I tend to always have the ingrediants needed on hand.
"Vegan Brunch" is just as amazing as her other cookbooks, with the bonus of having alot more mouth watering pictures. This has become my favourite weekend cook book for cooking lazy late breakfasts

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb introduction for vegans-to-be, 22 May 2012
This review is from: Vegan Brunch (Paperback)
Great great great introduction to real, no-hassle, vegan cookery. Isa Chandra's books have NEVER been a dissapointment. I love the nomelette recipe... the tofu scramble recipe is to die for... and the chocolate chip coffee muffins... enough said! I just wished I had discovered this book when I first went vegan, it is for this reason I highly recommend it to those thinking about going fully vegan, or trying to drastically cut down on animal products.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last - brunch for vegans!, 17 May 2011
This review is from: Vegan Brunch (Paperback)
Being vegan, the array of food available at a typical brunch is quite scarce, so over the years I have come to loath brunches as pancakes, eggs, bacon and the works aren't really a vegan-sort-of-thing. This book, has, however, turned everything a bit upside down. I still hate brunches, but only out, now I have my own brunches at home, and they are fab! Great recipes and the wafles are delish as well as scarmbled tofu - yum! Gotta love (a home made vegan) brunch :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 7 Feb 2011
This review is from: Vegan Brunch (Paperback)
So far, I've loved all of Isa's books that I've brought & this book is no exception. She gives some great tips that are really helpful. The perfect pancakes are great at any time of the day & it's wonderful to be able to eat pancakes again. The blueberry muffins & lemon poppy seed muffins are fabulous too. Lots of interesting & useful recipes & I'm looking forward to making lots more of them. This book has a really interesting range of recipes to choose from & is a great addition to any cook book collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Startlingly good!, 11 Mar 2010
This review is from: Vegan Brunch (Paperback)
I avoided this, a book amazon recommended, for a while on the grounds that I don't eat 'brunch' and like proper meals - what a mistake! Having bought it I have been completely blown away in the last week by what the book has made possible. I couldn't bring myself to believe in tofu omlette as a possibility but this and the tofu scramble, which didn't sound appealing, were a complete revelation. I can't wait to try the other recipes. This book stands out in my collection as more creative and containing recipes that are adventurous and sounded unlikely. I now have faith that it is worth putting the effort into new recipes, in this book at least. I recommend this book highly and look forward to cooking everything in here for my family.

4.0 out of 5 stars Vegan Brunch, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Vegan Brunch (Paperback)
This arrived in time for christmas without problems, it was a present for christmas and was very much appreciated. I can as yet comment on any of the recipes

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite cookbooks :), 3 April 2013
This review is from: Vegan Brunch (Paperback)
I love this book, I even bought a waffle iron so I could try the waffle recipes!
Not the healthiest, but full of tasty comfort foods, most very quick and easy to make
Great pictures and loads of tips on how to make perfect pancakes, waffles, etc

ARRAY(0xa26a55d0)