4.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!
Lets get one thing straight. Puritan Bride by Anne O'Brien is never going to be the next booker prize winner, nor is it ever going to be lauded as the next great classic in the mould of War and Peace/ Pride and Prejudice. But then this book never pretends to be any of those things.

Published on 31 Dec 2011 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Slightly wet hero
Published on 25 Mar 2009 by Anna Wilkinson

2.0 out of 5 stars Slightly wet hero, 25 Mar 2009
Anna Wilkinson (skegness united kingdom) - See all my reviews
I looked forward to this book because I had read MARRIAGE UNDER SIEGE by the same author and really enjoyed it. I have to say that in this case the hero and heroine are quite annoying. The heroine is an adorable little thing , the hero very often calls her ''little one''and sometimes carries her about. She seems to have a fixated dislike of the hero in the beginning which seems to be totally unfounded, seeing as he is rich, good looking, charming and all the rest. I found myself thinking ''oh for goodness sake, get on with it''. Despite the fact that the hero is supposed to be sublime, he is really wet and acts like a complete wally in pursuit of her. I'm afraid I had to skip the sex scenes as she was so impossibly adorable. I do think heroes and heroines should have a bit os spice.
For the diehard romance lover only. The historical detail is good though

2.0 out of 5 stars An Historical or Romantic?, 6 Mar 2013
E. Tilley - See all my reviews
This review is from: Puritan Bride (Paperback)
This was a disappointing read, rather short on historical facts and storyline. I could only reccommend it as a 'chick' paperback.

4.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!, 31 Dec 2011
Amazon Customer (stoke-on-trent, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Puritan Bride (Paperback)

The author does what she does best. This book is a romance set against a fairly well drawn historical landscape. The book is easy to read whether you be by the pool on holiday or just in bed of an evening. The storyline holds a element of mystery and the characters tales are heart-warming.

If you love romance novels then you will love this book. Ideally suited for girls aged 12-25.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a patch on her other work, 17 July 2013
This review is from: Puritan Bride (Mills & Boon Historical) (Kindle Edition)
I hoped this would be of similar quality to other books by the same author but it was closer to a typical romance novel with less intrigue and historical content. This book is more suited to those looking for an easy read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: Puritan Bride (Mills & Boon Historical) (Kindle Edition)
A really good read, very entertaining. Anne O'Brien is a very good author and seems to really research her books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Historical novel, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: Puritan Bride (Mills & Boon Historical) (Kindle Edition)
I think the book captures the whole essence of how life was back in the 1400/1500 century. I enjoyed reading it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy Reading, 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: Puritan Bride (Paperback)
But a bit bland compared to some of her other books. Maybe just me, but I don't think it's up to Anne O'Briens usual standard

4.0 out of 5 stars samey, 7 Dec 2012
This review is from: Puritan Bride (Paperback)
this is just good as the others in the series, but they get samey after you've read a few of them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Puritan Bride, 3 Nov 2012
E. Goodchild "EG" (North Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Puritan Bride (Paperback)
I couldn't wait to finish this book - it was so boring and unbelieveable. This sort of book should have a warning on it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh..., 12 Mar 2012
This review is from: Puritan Bride (Paperback)
Having read 'Virgin Widow' and thoroughly enjoyed it I thought I'd give this title a try. It wasn't my cup of tea I'm afraid, the heroine was a bit wet and pathetic and the hero was not particularly likeable.

Hopefully, the next book will be a return to form. I'm willing to give Anne O'Brien another try as Virgin Widow was rip- roaringly good!