Inversion (Xbox 360)
Platform: Xbox 360Change
Price:£5.49+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 12 February 2013
Very similar to the Gears of War games. Good graphics and gameplay, although I could only complete this game on the easiest level (but I am not the most skilled gamer). I would recommend this title for anyone who enjoyed Gears of War but if, like me, you are not the most skilled gamer I would say that you might find this game somewhat "challenging".
on 17 November 2013
its a good game and i enjoyed playing. it was slightly different though and can bet annoying trying to shoot when your on the sealing. aver all a good game.
Inversion.

This is a game I knew sod all about, so when browsing an online rental service thought let's see what it's all about.

I did however coerce a friend to go rent a copy as well, figured the more the merrier.

So the game starts with Russ(worst hair in a game ever) and Leo(lad of questionable ethnic origin) a pair of cops in Vanguard City. It Russ' daughters birthday so they are heading over to his house to drop off her present when there's a terrorist attack.

Straight away Russ and Leo have the shotties out and it's time for some action... Well no not really its time for a cut scene. Fair enough, story and character development are often in short demand in shooters.

Cut scene over, my mate shoots a civilian I shoot two baddies. Cut scene. Ok, I could handle another cut scene except its a cut scene of my character placing a loaded shotgun with ammo on the side of it in a cloud of blue static. At this point Russ' hair, the cut scenes and my character obviously being the village idiot are starting to make me reconsider my choice of game.

Moving on the game is a third person shooter and the Gears of War comparisons aren't unwarranted. Except cover is often made from polystyrene or chocolate. If an enemy is in an elevated position it negates being in cover.

Even when enemies are moving towards you being in cover is a tenuous position.

But as the game moves on there are more cut scenes and less game. To the point where the first 90 minutes feels very much like a tv movie split up by loading screens(long loading screens) there is some game in there.

You then get the grav link... Oh yeah. Well not quite but later on in the game it puts the oh yeah in awesome. This is a device which creates clouds of low gravity meaning enemies begin to float but they can still fight. Soon enough you are grabbing them mid air and throwing them against walls or giving them a Hulk smash type melee treatment.

All in all it's pretty cool.

Later you get the high gravity power which means you can stick folk to the ground and run over and put the boot in, or weaker enemies just become tomato soup.

The game also allows you to fight on sides of buildings or on ceilings, which sounds pretty interesting but in practice it's quite weak in delivery and a tad frustrating in a later level in an underground area.

The main downside to the game for me is Zero G. You know a game series i love with Zero G? Dead Space!

You know what I hate about the Dead Space games? Zero G.

So to have high portions of levels in Zero G is a major annoyance for me. It's all fun and games floating and spinning, but throw in a Zero G gun battle and someone loses an eye. It's just not quite intuitive enough, and the enemies are deadly.

The game is glitchy at points.

Whether this game will ever see a patch is debatable. But a couple times I went to do the Grav melee and the guy stood there looking at my guy, my guy in turn stood there looking at this fetching enemy in his armour it was quite an intimate moment till my mate asked what the France I was doing.

This was easily remedied by restarting checkpoint.

The second glitch was when the subtitles didn't clear so every time someone spoke the subtitles crept up the page till I had a page worth of script on my screen and I couldn't see what was going on. Words the camouflage of winners. Checkpoint restart and it's sorted.

The weapons are decent enough, the grenades were a personal highlight, good for taking down the bosses.

Graphically it's a decent looking game. Difficulty wise normal and hard will become taxing. Unless difficulty grinding is your thing. But it's not impossible.

Campaign on co-op was done in about 7-8 hours and for the most part was enjoyable. The ending was very good in my opinion, if you are a fan of sci-fi you should enjoy the story, possibly not the game.

The game I believe would be best enjoyed with a friend, who likes a laugh. The game mechanics in general work well, cover is an issue but you soon learn to work round that with the Grav Link and copious amount of grenades.

Now the mp. Well this game hasn't even been out for a month in the UK and there were no mp games to be had. The weekly leaderboards show 250 people WORLDWIDE have played Deathmatch in the last 7 days. 50 have been on TDM, the other 3-4 game modes had less than 25 each. So the mp is a no go.

You could organise a session on a gaming website as there are always folk looking to play stuff, but other as that it's dead.

Personally I enjoyed the game. You have to push past that first 90 minutes and if you are a fan of shooters you will more than likely find something in the campaign you will enjoy.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 10 February 2014
I brought this game becuase i wanted something different, and this game is quite different, a good blend of action and SyFy, makes it unique, interesting and just different, I haven't completed it yet, but I hope it will have a sequel.
on 22 July 2014
in a marketplace where games studios are slowly beginning to mirror one another instead of coming up with something more original this game is a welcome reminder of whats still good about seventh gen consoles
on 13 August 2014
Good game gears of war clone but with a gravity mechanic all in all entertaining good delivery from Zoverstocks highly recommended.
on 20 July 2012
Inversion is a third person shooter in which a man called Davis (with the help of his friend Leo) searches for his daughter after an invasion. A new species seems to be roaming the planet and out for blood. It's your job to fight your way to where your daughter is being held.

This game is a great change from usual shooters. It's mostly run and gun, but with little twists thrown in here and there. For example, this game introduces Gravlink which is a powerful force held within a small container that is carried around on your back that you can use to levitate your enimies and kill them in gruesome ways or move objects such as cars and explosive barrels and throw them for complete destruction. This is the part of the game that does remind me of the levitating power from Dead Space, but this game takes it a little further. Another twist is gravity itself, sometimes, there is none. You will have to fight battles against all sorts of enimies while gliding through the air from rock to rock. And it's rather mind-boggling when you're standing on the side of a building, or even the ceiling, shooting your foes.

I love the storyline, I won't ruin too much of it, but there are some great story twists that comes near the end. The graphics are pretty decent and the gunplay feels very good. It's satisfying to slam an enemy into a wall and watch them explode into little pieces that float around due to your Gravlink.

Another thing that caught my eye is the destructive environments. There will be times when you're on turrets and shooting rapidly at a building to make it crumble to the ground. Also smaller things such as columns you're hiding behind will slowly be destroyed due to the enemy blasting rockets at it.

The boss battles are fairly straight forward, you'll learn what to do pretty fast. That doesn't mean it's easy. I'm playing the game on High Gravity (which is just the fancy way of saying 'Hard Difficulty' and I remember replaying one boss battle a good 20-30 times before I finally beat it. But it's definitely rewarding when you do!

The game does get a little repeatative over time and nearer the end of the game I am sometimes thinking "ah here we go again..." but I'm still having fun. I'm very near the end of the game and I hope to complete it tonight, it's well worth your money in my opinion. The game is a good length too, not too short, not too long.

As for multiplayer, it seems like you get your classic Team Deathmatch, Deathmatch type modes. I haven't tried it myself yet. I've heard people say that there's not many people online so you may struggle to find a match. I will be giving this a shot soon and reporting back.

5/5 for fun. 4/5 for the type of game.
It definitely has a lot of elements from Gears Of War, such as the movement, the cover system, the guns (especially the main one, looks like a Lancer), and even the characters resemble those in Gears. Although, a great storyline and some unique aspects overshadows this and makes it worth your time.
on 4 October 2014
fast service and brilliant prezzie
on 13 July 2014
Great Item, Great Price
on 17 April 2015
It's an alright game but it's definitely a rip off of Gears of War. If you've ever played it you'd know what I mean.. the running, hiding, shooting actions are all the same. Also the Bosses you fight in this are all the same each time. You kill one boss for him to just show up again about three times in different areas. So a bit unoriginal but an alright game to play if you're bored.