5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Collection, However...
Published on 22 Aug. 2011 by Numinous Ugo

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy This Album - Get The Ultimate Collection instead
Published on 17 Aug. 2011 by Dhekelia

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy This Album - Get The Ultimate Collection instead, 17 Aug. 2011
Dhekelia (Bedfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
Just had a look at the track listing on this CD and I'm scratching my head as to why they've released it. I've got 'The Ultimate Collection' which is a 2-CD set, there are nearly 40 songs on it and they're all absolute gems! This CD doesn't include Randy's superb version of "I've Never Been To Me" - much better than the original as well as a beautiful song called "When Your Life Was Low". I defy anybody to listen to that song and not shed a tear. This lady is pure class and you will do yourself a massive favour if you by-pass this CD and buy 'The Ultimate Collection' instead. It has all the classics on it as well as the tracks I've mentioned and so much more! One of the finest soul singers ever (alongside Gladys Knight, Dorothy Moore and Ruby Winters) and 'The Ultimate Collection' was one of the best purchases I ever made. It also contains a live version of the song 'Everything Must Change' and boy does she showcase her vocal prowess!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Collection, However..., 22 Aug. 2011
This is an excellent collection, it contains a pile of the classic songs that you'd expect. Certainly Randy's biggest hits are all here, One Day I'll Fly Away, Street Life, Rainy Night In Georgia, etc, but here is the however, The Ultimate Collection is a 2 CD set and contains all of these and more, none of it filler. This bonus on this new collection is a new song Worn But Not Tattered which is excellent. My advice is get the Ultimate Collection and buy the new track from this new album as a single track.

I would also recommend the jazzier albums with Joe Sample Feeling Good and RANDY CRAWFORD AND JOE SAMPLE/NO REGRETS

5.0 out of 5 stars I discovered the female jazz and R&B- singer RANDY CRAWFORD when I studied in the US in the 1980ies ! ...., 13 Aug. 2011
I discovered this female Jazz singer RANDY CRAWFORD when I was a student in the US in the 1980ies. Her music reminds me on some of the best years of my life when I was a young student in in the 1980ies in Boston (Harvard University),in Philadelphia (Wharton Business School) and in Palo Alto (Stanford University).

I travelled all over the US from East to West Coast and from North to South in my convertible car, I bought hundreds of US music LPs and CDs and DVDs. RANDY CRAWFORD has become one of my all-time favorite singers! - I moved from job to job in the following 25 years from 1985 to 2011 and all the US music LPs and CDs moved allover the world. RANDY CRAWFORD's music is still one of my all-time favorite female entertainers.

....WHO is Randy Crawford?

..."Randy Crawford (born Veronica Crawford, February 18, 1952, Macon, Georgia) is an American jazz and R&B singer. She has been more successful in Europe than in the United States, where she has not entered the Billboard Hot 100 as a solo artist. She has enjoyed multiple top five hits in the UK, including her 1980 #2 hit, "One Day I'll Fly Away"...."

...."Randy Crawford's initial notoriety came from her fiery vocal on "Street Life," a 1979 song matching her with the Crusaders that was included on the soundtrack for Burt Reynolds' film Sharky's Machine. Crawford was born in Macon and grew up in Cincinnati; she worked in clubs as a teen, accompanied by her father. Crawford was lead vocalist in a group that included bassist Bootsy Collins before touring as George Benson's opening act in 1972. Cannonball Adderley invited her to sing on his LP Big Man. Crawford recorded "Don't Get Caught in Love's Triangle," a song produced by Johnny Bristol, during a short stay on the label. She soon moved to Warner Bros., and after "Street Life," recorded and toured Europe with the Crusaders. Crawford was tabbed Most Outstanding Performer at the 1980 Tokyo Music Festival. She remained with Warner Bros. through the '80s and early '90s, but was unable to score either a big R&B hit or major crossover smash, despite having one of the most readily identifiable voices and distinctive approaches of any contemporary female vocalist. She's been more successful overseas, particularly in England, where such singles as "Knocking on Heaven's Door," "Rainy Night in Georgia," and "Last Night at Danceland" have gotten universal acclaim." (author: Ron Wynn, All Music Guide)

5.0 out of 5 stars A better sounding collection of Randy's works at last!, 25 Feb. 2012
This is the second Best Of collection from miss Crawford I bought and I can say it was the right choice, at last.
The previous one I had bought in the early 90s sounded crappy and tinny, very low frequence and its digital remastering was a real shame. Randy and her stunning voice just didn't deserve that poor kind of treatment.
This recent collection is super, instead.
The sound is nice and crisp, her voice is pure pleasure to listen to as well her performances. And all of her most popular hits are here, on one cd and at a very convenient price which is not a bad thing at all!
If you love Randy's music this is one you can't miss.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ouch!, 31 Oct. 2013
Why do I say "ouch"???!!! Well, because there was a major disappointment for me when I played this CD and that is the song "Street Life", it's not the original hit version with The Crusaders. The other four big hits she had are on here which are great. Had to resort to iTunes to fill in the gap! Oh well, I suppose the CD didn't cost too much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album., 19 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Best Of Randy Crawford (MP3 Download)
Great album... Great woman... And what a voice!

For those of you who're looking for the Singles Chart version of Street Life, it's on the album entitled; Tony Blackburn presents Soul Classics... But you ain't heard nothin' yet, if you haven't heard the Album Version on the Crusaders album, Street Life! It's Fantastic!

Seriously, you'll be blown away!

3.0 out of 5 stars One or two real greats, 13 April 2014
She has a woderful voice and some of the tracks are classics for anyone to have on their ipod. recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 1 Nov. 2013
This set me to Memory lane, and there was no scratch, I've played it over and over with my hubby. And fast delivery too. Thank you being genuine

5.0 out of 5 stars Great listening, 24 Aug. 2013
This brings back memories. Great songs to listen to, very relaxing. May have to think about other albums of the Motown era.

5.0 out of 5 stars Randy Crawford, 13 April 2013
D. G. Burbidge "book owl" (York North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
A lovely collection of songs from a great singer, an all time favourite. Would recommend it for quality and sound

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›