5.0 out of 5 stars Kingston Technology USB 3.0 Media Reader
Have tried this reader with a range of cards from elderly Compact Flash cards (and a CF microdrive!) to a more recent CF card, SD, SDHC, SDXC, SD micro - every card I've had since I started buying them over ten years ago. All went in and came out without much force being required (enough so I felt comfortable it was properly in place, not enough to make me concerned about...
Published 14 months ago by Izzie

2.0 out of 5 stars Kingston USB 3 Card reader Failure
Now had two of these the first one stopped reading SD cards and the second one stopped reading CF Cards.
Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, Solid, Sturdy Reader, 28 Nov 2014
This review is from: Kingston Technology USB 3.0 Media Reader (Personal Computers)
I purchased this reader based on the reviews as my old reader had one lousy bent pin which rendered the Compact Flash card slot useless for anything shot on DSLR. As I've started to shoot video on my camera and where I was copying files over to my computer directly (I know, I know) Not only did I keep getting an error message but, (and maybe obviously) the mini USB port was working overtime and very slow, I decided to invest in the Kingston reader.

It's little bit pricier than others I'd looked at but I needed something reliable and this reader is a bit of a beast but pretty sturdy. Arrived quickly, the reader is ultra fast compared to what I've used before but it is a USB 3.0 port for data transfer so it's a step up, overall happy with my purchase so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, but for me no faster., 23 Nov 2013
One can't fault the build quality and each separate card reader shows up as a different hard drive in Windows 7 (4 in total).
As usual there is a propitiatory plug on the back which is distinctly annoying.

However although this is advertised as a USB3 device, I cannot get the unit to transfer any faster than USB2.
Yes, as far as I know I have the correct drivers and the unit is plugged into a USB3 slot.

4.0 out of 5 stars USB 3.0 does not seem any faster., 23 Nov 2014
Great little device, and fully recommended. I have given 4 rather than 5 stars because USB 3.0 does not appear any faster at all than USB 2.0. In fact, I was transferring information from one PC to another, and loaded data from one PC on to the flash card at USB 2.0, and then on to the new PC on USB 3.0, and the time taken was around the same for each of them...

I double-checked the new PC had genuine USB 3.0 - and on this brand-new super fast Alienware PC, this was indeed a USB 3.0 port...

Either this device is only pretending to be USB 3.0, or the 3.0 format is no faster than 2.0.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reader. Managed to get a transfer rate of ..., 3 Dec 2014
Excellent reader. Managed to get a transfer rate of 115mps from a San Disk 16gb extreeme SDXC. Fast transfer rates from a mixture of other size and spec cards.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... a couple of months now and so far so good, in fact I have bought another one as ..., 21 Nov 2014
I have been using the Kingston media Reader for a couple of months now and so far so good, in fact I have bought another one as back up. I like the way the card goes in and locates well into the reader, other readers are so shallow, with this it feels reassuring. On the top while transferring is a decent red flashing indicator, unlike others that may have the smallest of indications to let you know that all is well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much faster than USB 2 and well made, 5 Sep 2014
RJP the Book Boy "Book boy" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Excellent item

Compatability

This card reader is for machines with the USB 3.0 standard. It will work on older USB 2.0 machines but you don't get the speed.

Construction.
The unit is well made and the supplied USB lead is a USB 3.0 one. My cards fit in it and it all feels solid. I have had no read errors from this reader after downloading 15 cards.

Set up.
This item is fully plug and play so nothing to do, just plug it in and Windows sorts it out (it works like this on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1).

In use.
It reads pretty much all of todays cards. I use CF and SDHC cards in my camera and it reads theses much faster than my older USB 2.0 reader. A whole 16Gbh card now downloads to my computer in under 60 seconds - with y old reader it was around 4 minutes.

Overall.
This is a nice fast reader that takes advantage of the faster USB 3.0 standard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly., 5 Mar 2014
Was unsure whether to buy a cheaper model, but some were getting 50:50 reviews.
I decided to pick up this one, build quality is amazing and worked without hassle.

Good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice... Works well!, 22 Feb 2014
M. BERNARD (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
What can I say, it looks nice o the desktop and works well for getting my camera images off the SD card and onto my computer. Works much faster than my old reader and the build quality seems very good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product and works well., 2 Feb 2014
A. Korsner "Adrian Korsner" (London England) - See all my reviews
All the sockets you can need and fast downloads. Better than a much more expensive USB3 reader I bought a couple of years ago which always gave trouble. I like this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Card Reader for cheap and does its job, 7 Jan 2014
being into film i use multiple different cards and hard-drives to store my digital recordings this was a useful tool as my computer only has an SD slot which is okay for videos and photos taken on my DLSR but this was no use for higher more professional videos shot on HDCAMs (Canon 305) which used an Compact Flash this product was perfect and was fast enough

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›