5.0 out of 5 stars Play loud -- memorable, monumental offering from M83.
Just about everything to do with this release is big: the sound, the production, the 2CDs, the expectations, the artist AG's ambition and chutzpah. Thankfully, it really lives up to the hype, and is among the top contenders for album of the year. It's meant to be played loud over earphones or in some cavernous empty building, and it's there that the LP transports you to...
Published on 31 Oct 2011 by Avg Joe

3.0 out of 5 stars It is OK
I liked a few of M83's songs, but the album was surprisingly underwhelming, a few great songs, a few okay songs but mostly fairy rubbish... I would get it though, just for the 3 or 4 great ones.
Published 5 months ago by Timothy

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 7 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars new to me, 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: Hurry Up We're Dreaming (Audio CD)
different type of music to what i'm used but i thoroughly enjoyed it, i suggest u buy it you won't be disappionted !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tip top, 1 Oct 2013
Every track is amazing and really takes you places. I've told everyone I know about it and how terrific it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb listen, 24 Oct 2013
its my first listen to m83 pleasently suprised top 20 cds this year for methink i will play it now

5.0 out of 5 stars M83 produces another great album with a distinctly 80's dreamy feel, 26 Oct 2011
D. Keech (Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hurry Up We're Dreaming (Audio CD)
In interviews in the run up to this much anticipated album release, Anthony Gonzalez has clearly stated his wish to produce an epic thoughtful album, one aligned to the subject of his dreams - I feel the result of his work is something special and not just another release of a collection of catchy songs that may be great in their own right but don't hold together as a whole experience.

There are probably enough full tracks to produce a really good synth-pop album on here, but it's the interludes between the uplifting and often dreamy hooks and riffs that bind the album together together to be something worth far more than just casual listening. Understand this is a effectively a single album of tracks gelled together with some dreamy experiences.

The album for me has about 9 real full-length that tracks I've instantly 'starred' in Spotify as favourites. I still find myself preferring to listen to the whole album in order for the sheer depth of the journey you're taken through to have it's full effect. If you're expecting a double album of full M83 song's you're going to be dissapointed, but if you're open minded and enjoy M83's previous work most likely you're in for a huge treat.

The recording quality is excellent, Anthony proves he has a great voice once lushed out with some studio effects and the main talent that stands out is the amazing sequencing and overlaying of the tracks to form each song that for me few artists other than M83 can provide. There're countless 80's-esque instruments beautifully created and improved upon and so many sounds and rhythms from that decade included on this album. All of which manage to sound current, but lovingly tributed at the same time as retaining the always recognisable flavour that we've grown to love M83 for.

I've got a pretty decent hifi at home, but my favourite mode of listening is spending time outside with earphones, with this album as a backdrop to my day. It re-instills a sense of wonder about the world for me, in essence success on Anthony's part of capturing the excitement and discovery of childhood where anything seems possible.

This album isn't for everyone and may not even enjoy particular commercial success, but I suspect for many that feel they 'get' this album they'll be listening to it for years to come with geat pleasure as will I.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mesmerising stuff, 29 Oct 2011
This review is from: Hurry Up We're Dreaming (Audio CD)
received this in the post today (at last) and had my first play of the album. Im blown away by this, massive m83 fan so I could be biased but cant recommend it enough. both sides just has some great tunes and amazing ans amble of sounds just takes you to a happy place.

10/10 worth the wait

2.0 out of 5 stars Everything but the kitchen sink., 18 Feb 2014
M. Gribby (Nottingham UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hurry Up We're Dreaming (Audio CD)
Disappointed compared to earlier offerings....with little in the way of subtlety this sounds like all the best ideas and productions techniques thrown into the recording.

5.0 out of 5 stars great cd, 24 Feb 2013
all the standard tracks on this with an additional cd with great remix versions; little more expensive than regular version but worth it in my opinion

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic album, 20 Feb 2013
This review is from: Hurry Up We're Dreaming (Audio CD)
Great album. Love it so much that I actually bought this as a gift for my brother, so he could get into it as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Album, 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: Hurry Up We're Dreaming (Audio CD)
I love m83 and you certainly get alot of tracks for your money (two CDs), very good music to relax.

4.0 out of 5 stars great album, 21 Oct 2012
With the crap thats getting churned out at the moment its great to find a album like this one that your able to listen to time and time again. Also check out neon indian if you like this kind of music they are also a great band

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 7 | Next ›

Hurry Up We're Dreaming
Hurry Up We're Dreaming by M83 (Audio CD - 2011)