5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the film!
Published on 15 Nov 2003 by steve_3000

3.0 out of 5 stars I've never seen the film!
I kept hearing various tracks from this on the radio and felt I would enjoy the album. I do and I don't. I like it when I'm in the mood (that's true of all music probably) and prefer not to listen to it all at once. Perhaps if I'd seen the film I'd be more enthusiastic and hope I've not offended and die hard Blues Brothers fans.
Published 18 months ago by nix1234

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the film!, 15 Nov 2003
Musicals aren't my thing, jazz/blues style music certainly isn't either but that didn't stop me loving the Blues Brothers film and after seeing that a few times how could I resist the soundtrack. The songs are the same as those in the film (sometimes you get these kind of soundtracks where they have originals rather than the ones in the film) and sound just as good. At the risk of stating the obvious, if you liked the soundtrack in the film, you won't be wasting your money on this!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best soundtracks ever, 16 Nov 1999
By A Customer
This got to be one of the best soundtracks every! Even it you haven't seen the move (which you should) you will definitely enjoy this album. It contains some of the best sounds ever written like "Sweet Home Chicago" and "Think". Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, Cab Calloway...the list goes on...what finer collection can there be? I can recommend this CD to anybody, regardless of age and music taste, there is something for everyone in there. It's a classic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Every one should have this in their CD collection!, 18 Nov 1999
By A Customer
Absolutely fantastic stuff. A must for every Jake and Elwood fan, and one to put in your car!! Includes a good cross-reference of Soul, Blues and R&B's finest, including a gospel track performed by the Godfather of Soul himself - James Brown. Next, buy the pre-movie "Briefcase Full of Blues" album and the post-movie "Made In America" album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Fun, 19 Jun 2005
I'd like to start this review by saying that I am an 18 year old, who's main musical interests lie in rock, heavy metal and punk.
However, after a friend got me watching the film, I found myself astounded by the amazingly un-natural cool this music can have.
In the film itself the music fits right into place, with star performances from such talent as Aretha Franklin and James Brown.
Having loved the film I got the soundtrack and was not disappointed. This is some of the funkiest, FUNNEST music I've heard in a long time. Whilst rock n' roll provides danger and aggressiveness, this music provides class, style, fun and, dare I say it, magic.
Love it to bits. (Plus theme from Rawhide is totally amazing!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Yowza!, 14 Jan 2004
Andy Millward (Tiptree, Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is what music's all about - a gustsy band delivering classic blues/soul, aided and abetted by some of the living legends that made it all possible - and a reminder of a fine film into the bargain.
Cover versions are always dangerous in the wrong hands, but here the debt to the originals is acknowledged, and arrangements show how to score a hit second time around. You thought Duane Eddy's version of Peter Gunn was nigh on perfect? Try the growling horns here for size!
If there is a criticism, it's that Dan Ackroyd and the late John Belushi were not great vocal performers, though they certainly put in plenty of energy. Jailhouse Rock needs a deeper range, and Belushi ain't an Elvis.
There again, when you've got the likes of James Brown, Aretha Franklin and Ray Charles batting on your side, how can you go wrong? I could wax lyrical about all these tracks, but a special mention must go to Aretha's classic Think; listen to the soaring voice - that's how to do it, girl! Soul lives.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great place to start!, 19 July 2007
Angharad Jones (Sheffield, England.) - See all my reviews
Like the last reviewer, and many, many others, The Blues Brothers was a film I first watched when I was about 10 and it introduced me to a whole new world of music.

This soundtrack was the first record I ever owned and it is where I first heard a lot of artists that I may otherwise never of heard of, since I had only really listened to pop and ska before.

This is a great collection and younger people especially will find it it very educational. If you enjoy the soundtrack it would also be a good idea to look up some of the other artists featured in the film but not on the soundtrack, like Sam and Dave and John Lee Hooker.

A fun film and a fun soundtrack, try the other Blues Brothers recordings too, you won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Will have you jumping in your living room, 6 May 2002
This is one of the best soundtracks i have ever heard and i can listern to it again and again and never get bored.The Movie is great and it's car chases a legend and even here the music is just right.
It must have been hard to choose this small selection to go on this album, with such a vast collection of excellent artists on show.
Shake a Tail feather is a great track and my kids love it. Everbody loves "Everybody needs somebody to love which is a good while doing the dusting!Question do you know all the words to Minnie The Moocher? Cab Calloway was cool.Least liked track is "The Old Landmark, and that is only because i do not understand James Brown. Buy this and watch the film and enjoy some timeless music,it would be a crime not too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blues Brothers Soundtrack!, 2 April 2014
MrE (E Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
All of the great songs from the Blues Brothers movie. If you haven't seen the film then can i suggest that you do. Great music and a funny script. The music really is great to listen to, nobody comes close to the BBs when it comes to Blues music. Great stuff and good value!

4.0 out of 5 stars Blues Brothers Soundtrack - Shake a tailfeather and gimme some BLUES!, 9 Jun 2011
Victor (Hull, England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This is a classic album by anyone's standards. Jake and Elwood Blues (played by John Belushi and Dan Ackroyd) backed by the Blues Band (made up of musicians famously associated with the likes of Howlin' Wolf, the Bar-Keys and Booker T and the MG's) work their way through a series of blues, rhythm and blues, soul and even some jazz classics. Aided and abetted by legends such as James Brown, Aretha Franklin and Cab Calloway, this is an album full of life, energy and great music. It is guaranteed to have you up and dancing in no time.

A great album of invigorating music. Buy it, you won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Blues Brothers Sound Track, 14 Nov 2010
G.Martyn Porter (Saffron Walden, Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is a replacement for my old Vinyl .......... Lots of memories of great nights out and wild parties ...