4.0 out of 5 stars Turtle Beach X12 - HDMI AV adaptor N/A
Just thought I should make 1 very quick point. The HDMI AV adaptors might not be necessary!

I ordered the X12 and the HDMI AV adaptor as everyone seems to advise that the adaptor is a standard requirement, however this was not necessary.

If you have Audio outputs in the back of your TV (I'll bet you all have!!) then you can connect the X12 directly...
Published on 13 Aug. 2012 by Darth Spunky

3.0 out of 5 stars Turtle Beach X12
Around a year ago , i owned the Turtle Beach X31 headset and tbh i was never dissapointed with the actual sound,build or quality of this headset- plus the fact it was wireless...

Published on 17 May 2012 by SC00BI1

‹ Previous | 1 2 396 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 5 Aug. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 Xbox 360 Headset - EU (Accessory)
Quick review on the Turtle Beach X12 Headset.

Amazing headset great for first time Youtubers and great for Gamers.
Very light weight good for long gaming sessions (after about ten mins you don't realize that there on your head.)
Simple set up just a few wires to plug in.
Amazing quality and a OUTSTANDING price.
Long wires so you can sit back and relax on your bed and still wear them.
Works for PC and Xbox Gamers but not PS3.

Hope this helps and I hope you enjoy your purchase.

Luke

5.0 out of 5 stars Turtle Beach X12 Headset Review With Mic Quality Review, 1 May 2012
Xbox 360 and Audio Quality Review

I think that this is a very good headset for gaming. It is a very easily adjustable headset with lots of controls. I especially like the new bass booth feature on the headset after my old X11 headset was locked at a certain boost. The speakers themselves are really good quality. I compared them to my brother's Sennheiser headset. With bass boost on full the headset beat the Sennheiser on bass and overall audio quality. The best bit is that these headphones work on Xbox too and are cheaper. They go really loud too if you would like to deafen yourself.

Microphone Quality

Being a YouTuber, I need a headset with a half decent mic and after using my X11's I knew that the X12's wouldn't dissatisfy to be used a a microphone. The microphone quality is better than the previous X11 model and if you would like to listen to the audio quality for yourself then check out any video on my YouTube channel. The only editing to the sound that I have done is remove background noise but the background noise is quite hard to notice even when it's not edited.

YouTube Channel: [...]

Thankyou for reading my review!

Kev

4.0 out of 5 stars A great headset, but has some issues, 25 Dec. 2013
I received this headset for my birthday in November, the headset is well made and is very comfortable to wear for long periods of time,the sound quality is fantastic and the bass boost makes music sound even better, HOWEVER, I've found out that the microphone is VERY sensitive to background noise, and if you live in a noisy household every conversation and ambient sounds (doors opening/closing, television,toilet flushing etc) is picked up and transmitted. I contacted turtlebeach and all they could do is offer me a replacement, I don't believe the headset is faulty, as after doing some research it appears this is a common issue with turtlebeach headsets, so everytime I'm talking to people online I have to tell my family so they can keep they're voices down, which is quite an annoyance for me and them,there is an option on teamspeak to adjust sensitivity which does help a bit. All in all this is a great gaming headset, but be aware that the mic is insanely sensitive!

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 4 Jun. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
great sound quality...i was horrified at how similar the quality was to my headphones that cost 5x as much. good mic quality...love to be able to change the chat/game volumes separately. comfortable. i really don't have any complaints. at this price, they can't be beat. wireless would be nice, i suppose...but i don't really have any issues. so glad i bought these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique gift, 13 May 2013
Bought these for my brothers birthday and he was really pleased and uses them all the time. Good value and they arrived quickly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Turtle Beach X12, 17 May 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars

But the reason i got rid of it in the end, was mainly for 1 reason, and to me the only thing that i can ever fault with the majority of Turtle Beach headsets in general, and that is after around an hour or so of gaming,the ear cups on them were just too small and absolutely kill your ears, almost making them numb!

Im afraid the x12 is no different (the only reason i just bought the x12, was because my Giotek headset went faulty).

Now i dont consider myself to have huge ears, probably on the average size infact, but why oh why cant Turtle follow alot of other gaming headset manufacturers- and make the ear cups bigger and alot more comfortable to wear after a prolonged period (or any period of time) as we all play for differing amounts nowadays??

I am not a total doom and gloom person and do have good things to say too...

The x12 sound is fantastic for the price you actually pay, the bass boost is great too, and adds some real good sounds to rpg's or grenades launched toward you, the thing that i always like is the microphone design and the clarity at which other gamers can hear you talk, very clear and never muffled or distorted.

I have now opted for a Creative headset, as the earcups are nice and padded ,and although double the price, you really do get what you paid for..

4.0 out of 5 stars Good headset, 2 Jan. 2014
W. Ferreira (UK) - See all my reviews
These are fine headphones. The sound is crisp and clear. There is a slight hiss which can be annoying - but hardly any game these days have long periods of silence. You do feel them after a long time wearing them. I know that the headset can be used with a PC/Mac and therefore the pink audio cable is necessary but it seems a pity to have it when this is sold mostly as an Xbox headset. I use them with the DSS2 box now and it is fantastic. I've also moved over to the PS4 and find these work very well. 4 stars because they could be more comfortable and they have an unnecessary cable for a console gamer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality sound, comfortable, durable and well designed, 1 July 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
From opening the box you can tell these will be a decent pair of headphones, packaged very well and elegantly. Included in the box are all the wires needed, manual, and a large Turtle Beach sticker.

The cable: Very long but with a nice little Velcro strap so you can 'fold' up some of the cable and hold it with the Velcro, so you can essentially adjust the length of the cable. At the end the cable splits into 3, a 3.5mm audio jack, 3.5mm microphone jack and a USB cable. The USB cable needs to be plugged in to power the headphones, however they can work without USB but on a VERY low volume.

The volume adjuster device: This is part of the wire near the headphones. There are 3 dials, Game volume, chat volume and Bass Boost. With 1 switch that mutes Mic ON or OFF. The Bass Boost is really good and adjusts the bass well, and having a game/chat volume is fantastic too.

Compatibility: Despite it being an Xbox 360 headphones, I actually use it only for me laptop and my PS3/TV. For my laptop its as easy as plug-and-play, no installation needed or anything.. For my TV I plug it into the USB port of the TV and the audio port, again works absolutely fine.. You can get the headphones and microphone working on the PS3, it needs some setting up and you'll need to buy a USB sound card (about £1.99 on Amazon). This tutorial video helped me get it working on PS3 really well: [...].

The company itself (Turtle Beach): I have to say that its customer care is great.. Before I bought them I was able to go to their website, open a live chat box with one of their operators and they answered all my questions very informatively and well.. This really gave me confidence in buying them, which I did!

Sound quality: Again I can't put a bad word against this, its stunning.. For games it really adds to the realism with explosions, weapons firing, fans cheering, F1 cars engines.. The bass really adds to it, you really get to hear and feel the BOOM! I also use them a lot for listening to music as well, again they really bring out all the sounds of the song with a really nice bass.. Remember you can always adjust the bass if you want!

Microphone quality: I use the microphone mainly on skype, teamspeak and online radio broadcasting. Done several comparison tests with other headphones and these really shine, clear and crisp sound with Turtle Beach always wins! Also, it has a nice function where you can hear yourself, so theres a slight echo within the headset.. Not sure what its actually for, but its there! So if you're not using the microphone I suggest muting it (and adjusting it upwards along with the frame to get it out the way)

Overall these are a great pair of headphones, I think the best thing about them is the compatibility of its connection and sound.. I use it on my PC, Laptop, TV, and PS3 for everything from gaming, Skype, music and radio broadcasting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic midrange Headset for Xbox, 6 May 2014
Pros:
+ Super-sensitive mic picks up everything I say, even whispers and mumbles; this was the single biggest factor to my purchasing these to replace my previous headset, the Sharkoon X-tatic SP
+ Great sound, not overly "bass-y", and you can control the amount of bass with the Bass Boost dial
+ XBOX controller connection is compatible with the chat pad and all Rock Band/DJ Hero/Guitar Hero controllers without an adapter, unlike the Sharkoons
+ Extremely comfortable, even with glasses and after multiple hours of continuous use
+ While they're not noise-canceling, I'd say they cut external noise at least in half, if not more
+ Controller dongle/pod is light and well positioned

Cons:
- Microphone is so sensitive it often picks up background noise
- I don't entirely like the microphone monitoring feature. I don't personally need to hear my own voice when I'm speaking, but it is a useful reminder about whether or not you have your mic muted.
- Due to the position of the mute toggle, it can be a little too easy to accidentally change the Bass Boost/Game/Chat volumes inadvertently
- Very, very slight static hiss when plugged into USB power, which is apparently systemic to USB-powered headsets. The hiss is less noticeable here than with the Sharkoons, at least

Overall, a huge improvement over my previous headset. The group of people I play with regularly noticed a big difference in audio quality and ability to hear me. Highly recommended if you need a PC and/or 360 headset.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value for money, 10 Jun. 2013
Phil/Manchester (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
These cans would have been well worth the £35 new price, but I got mine as ‘reconditioned’ direct from Turtle Beach (through Amazon) for £23, so I feel like I’ve got a real bargain!
I was genuinely curious to see if a relatively cheap pair of cans could sound good, and I was very pleasantly surprised and pleased at just how good these are.
Ok so they are not audiofile standard, but neither do they cost the thick end of £200 which is what that would cost! For playing COD etc, they are great, although I feel the Bass boost is a bit of a waste of time (there’s plenty of bass without having to boost it). Word of warning though, the 50 mm drivers are massive, and can get seriously loud (perhaps assisted by the in liner amplifier, which doubles as the volume controller etc)- the other day I put them on my ears without checking how loud I had the volume and it actually hurt my ears!- won’t be doing that again anytime soon.
I have mine connected to the xbox USB port for power, and into my Receiver (amp) for sound, as I have everything routed through that. Another word of warning though, if you intend to link them up in a similar fashion then be aware that the main wire splits, near the end, into these two connectors (USB and microphone jack), but that there is only a small length of wire after this split. This is because they are designed to both go into the same xbox, so there doesn’t need to be much length involved. Fortunately, my xbox and amp are next to each other so the wire just stretches that far. That said, if your amp/receiver is more modern than mine then it will probably have a USB port in it anyway.
I recently returned a pair of Tritton Warlord 7.1 xbox licensed gaming cans (see my review re same), which were definitely better sound quality, but not 5 times better (as they cost 5 times the price). I now have a pair of Senheisser high end 198’s for TV/Movies and music, and these Turtle Beach cans for gaming (as the 198’s are not gaming headphones so don’t have a mic) and I am well pleased that I went down this route instead of keeping the overpriced Warlord’s.
If you really wanted to spend a lot more money then you could go for a higher spec pair, ideally with surround sound (the Warlord’s were very good at that, as I would expect many of the much more expensive ones are), and you will get a better sound quality, but, quite frankly, if these are just for gaming, they are more than good enough.
In summary, for £35, the sound quality is excellent and these are great value for money.

‹ Previous | 1 2 396 | Next ›

Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 Xbox 360 Headset - EU
Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 Xbox 360 Headset - EU by Turtle Beach (Mac OS X, Windows 2000 / Vista / XP, Xbox 360)