4.0 out of 5 stars Turtle Beach X12 - HDMI AV adaptor N/A
Just thought I should make 1 very quick point. The HDMI AV adaptors might not be necessary!

I ordered the X12 and the HDMI AV adaptor as everyone seems to advise that the adaptor is a standard requirement, however this was not necessary.

Published on 13 Aug 2012 by Darth Spunky

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible with PC
Published 19 months ago by Aidan Booth

4.0 out of 5 stars Turtle Beach X12 - HDMI AV adaptor N/A, 13 Aug 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 Xbox 360 Headset - EU (Accessory)

If you have Audio outputs in the back of your TV (I'll bet you all have!!) then you can connect the X12 directly to your TV. It was very simple as i tried it out of necessity because my HDMI adaptor had been shipped separately. I have the Red and White plugs to my headset and on the back on my TV under a label marked AUDIO I have Red and White sockets. It is that simple and actually explained as an alternative set up in the X12 manual.

Aside from that the headset is awesome and the amount of sound I can now pick up on is astonishing.

Had headset 6 months now, leaving them laying behind my TV on the floor when not in use and they are wokring fine despite being handled quite roughly.
An excellent 1st set of speakers if you are looking for some.

I have also discovered by accident that when leaving the X12 connected to you xbox (when xbox is turned off!) you can use them to watch TV!

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes gaming better., 10 Jan 2014
J. A. Mccoy "jam" (derbyshire england) - See all my reviews
These headphones are fantastic, they will immerse you in whatever videogame you are playing completely. I have had these for a week and I can't believe I waited so long to buy some quality gaming headphones. The setup is fairly straight forward and the audio quality is of a very high standard. However there are some minor flaws that you should be aware of. First is the ability to use the headphones and voice chat while using a play and charge kit. When your headset is plugged into the pad whilst it is charging the headset makes a buzzing noise that will only go away when you either stop charging the pad or remove the chat cable from the pad. The second and last flaw is the fact that these headphones when plugged into your Xbox stay powered on all the time. If you want them off then you have to unplug the usb poweramp from the Xbox. It's not exactly convenient but there you go that's what it does. Apart from those two minor flaws (I'll admit my play and charge kit was about four years old and I was happy playing with my pad plugged into the Xbox virtually all the time until I got these headphones, so I bought a new play and charge kit.) They are worth the money and they do make a difference when playing call of duty and battlefield (you can actually hear the direction of footsteps). These headphones are the difference between just playing a game and immersing yourself in a game and they are not just for the competitive FPS crowd either. I'm glad I bought these they are well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, solid stereo headset., 29 Sep 2011
okeyblokey (Bolton, Lancashire) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've used the entry level Turtle Beach XLCs (which I bought from my local supermarket for around fifteen quid) for around a year now and come to the conclusion that I need to change. Basically, the XLCs offer stereo sound of the X12s, but at a way inferior level of comfort. Within the next two months, we're looking at Battlefield 3 & Modern Warfare 3 arriving and I need better headset comfort for the next 6 months as I level up!

Let me suggest the obvious; these headphones are - at around £[] - a good deal. Build quality seems good and the adjustable headband fits all sizes from small (my 10 year old tried and fit on smallest setting very nicely) up to massive head. I've got a big head and I only have them opened half way, so don't worry, they'll accommodate you.

I'm using HDMI so need the aftermarket adaptor to enable me to use these. It's only a couple of quid from sellers on Amazon (where I got mine from) and gives you an optical out, too, for when you're not using your headset. Cable length of the X12s is humungous! I haven't measured it, but it must be close to 14'. Thank goodness for the little velcro cable tidy that is attached. I bundled my excess cable together with this to make it tidier.

As I say above, these are stereo headphones, eg. offer left and right channel separation only. They will not give you a virtual surround field. You can buy the optional EarForce DSS adaptor at a later date to give you a 7.1 Dolby certified sound. May do this if they last the course of time, which they should do. I have chosen to give the product five stars as they do the exact job they were bought for in a simple, effective manner.

Only had a quick game of Headquarters on Black Ops to test them so far and have to say that the microphone monitor (your voice through your headphones) works well, the bass boost brings explosions to life (!) and the left and right channel separation does a good job of telling you the direction of fire. Miles more comfortable than the XLCs already.

In summary, a good looking, well built headset with good sound quality. The other review on here and elsewhere suggest some issues over white noise or hissing. I can only comment that I haven't experienced this so far. Maybe the other units these people bought were duds. Get them back under warranty and exchange for another pair. I'm looking forward to using them for an extended run.

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible with PC, 21 May 2013
i bought these because i recently bought an Xbox 360, i had the P11's and they were the best earphones i have every had but i needed new ones for my Xbox, i bought these and got them today, i haven't tried them on the Xbox yet but on the PC they are terrible. When i am on Skype the independent "chat" and "game" volume does not work, the "game" volume adjusts the both "chat" and "volume". on the P11's they were independent, so i find it really inconvenient that this is the case. Another problem is thaat when i am listening to things like YouTube, or music as i am on Skype the other people can hear the noise or music to. that is a deal breaker for me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best for PC., 9 Dec 2014
I was looking for some headphones for gaming on my PC and decided on these as I could get them on the same day. Despite not being made for PC, they seemed promising and the reviews I'd read explained that they were fine for the job. Unfortunately, they just aren't great for PC gaming. Firstly, there is a constant crackling/'air' sound when you're not playing, which means the quality isn't as good as it could be. Secondly, and more importantly, these headphones are TIGHT. I mean, really tight. So tight I started getting tension headaches in my temples and my ears hurt for days after playing a game a few hours long. Now let me just mention the fact that I'm female with a smallish head and usually I have to adjust headsets because they're too large for my head, and you will realise that there is something not quite right here. The tightness subsequently contributes to the fact that, when they are hurting, you can't just wear them around your neck - they are uncomfortable and squeeze too much around your neck. The mic is fine, so say my gamer friends, and the sound is ok (when you ignore the crackling), but I definitely have had better headsets. In fact, my £25 F4tal1ty headset is a cheaper and much better option.

Honestly, I can't believe more reviews don't mention how painful these things are, or the mic crackle. I certainly wouldn't recommend them, unless you have the same sized head as a 7 year old.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy Setup with the Xbox 360 E, 18 April 2014
This headset is great for the 360 E, the final incarnation of the Xbox 360. Simply because you don't need all the extra wires, adaptors or connections. You simply plug the head phone jack into the 3.5mm port at the back of the Xbox, the USB in USB port (also at the back) and then the wire for the mic to the controller. Simple.

If you have the Plug&Play adaptor you do get a buzzing through the headset, that's why I gave it 4*. Otherwise, these are great and I would highly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 5 Aug 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Quick review on the Turtle Beach X12 Headset.

Amazing headset great for first time Youtubers and great for Gamers.
Very light weight good for long gaming sessions (after about ten mins you don't realize that there on your head.)
Simple set up just a few wires to plug in.
Amazing quality and a OUTSTANDING price.
Long wires so you can sit back and relax on your bed and still wear them.
Works for PC and Xbox Gamers but not PS3.

Hope this helps and I hope you enjoy your purchase.

Luke

1.0 out of 5 stars !!! POOR QUALITY BUILD !!! LASTED ONE MONTH !!!, 3 Mar 2013
Right headset stopped working within 6 weeks. The sound was amazing for the first four weeks, then became muffled, now is muffled mono (left ear only). The product is set up at a gaming desk so no damage has been incured. This is just a poorly made product. So at about £10-15 per week of use this is a terrible quality product. I have the DSS2 to reate cinematic sound as well so forked out over £120 on turtle beach products. Great sound while it lasted.

3.0 out of 5 stars Turtle Beach X12, 17 May 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Around a year ago , i owned the Turtle Beach X31 headset and tbh i was never dissapointed with the actual sound,build or quality of this headset- plus the fact it was wireless...

But the reason i got rid of it in the end, was mainly for 1 reason, and to me the only thing that i can ever fault with the majority of Turtle Beach headsets in general, and that is after around an hour or so of gaming,the ear cups on them were just too small and absolutely kill your ears, almost making them numb!

Im afraid the x12 is no different (the only reason i just bought the x12, was because my Giotek headset went faulty).

Now i dont consider myself to have huge ears, probably on the average size infact, but why oh why cant Turtle follow alot of other gaming headset manufacturers- and make the ear cups bigger and alot more comfortable to wear after a prolonged period (or any period of time) as we all play for differing amounts nowadays??

I am not a total doom and gloom person and do have good things to say too...

The x12 sound is fantastic for the price you actually pay, the bass boost is great too, and adds some real good sounds to rpg's or grenades launched toward you, the thing that i always like is the microphone design and the clarity at which other gamers can hear you talk, very clear and never muffled or distorted.

I have now opted for a Creative headset, as the earcups are nice and padded ,and although double the price, you really do get what you paid for..

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique gift, 13 May 2013
Bought these for my brothers birthday and he was really pleased and uses them all the time. Good value and they arrived quickly.

Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 Xbox 360 Headset - EU
Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 Xbox 360 Headset - EU by Turtle Beach (Mac OS X, Windows 2000 / Vista / XP, Xbox 360)