4.0 out of 5 stars Turtle Beach X12 - HDMI AV adaptor N/A
Just thought I should make 1 very quick point. The HDMI AV adaptors might not be necessary!

I ordered the X12 and the HDMI AV adaptor as everyone seems to advise that the adaptor is a standard requirement, however this was not necessary.

Published on 13 Aug. 2012 by Darth Spunky

3.0 out of 5 stars Turtle Beach X12
Around a year ago , i owned the Turtle Beach X31 headset and tbh i was never dissapointed with the actual sound,build or quality of this headset- plus the fact it was wireless...

Published on 17 May 2012 by SC00BI1

4.0 out of 5 stars Turtle Beach X12 - HDMI AV adaptor N/A, 13 Aug. 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 Xbox 360 Headset - EU (Accessory)

If you have Audio outputs in the back of your TV (I'll bet you all have!!) then you can connect the X12 directly to your TV. It was very simple as i tried it out of necessity because my HDMI adaptor had been shipped separately. I have the Red and White plugs to my headset and on the back on my TV under a label marked AUDIO I have Red and White sockets. It is that simple and actually explained as an alternative set up in the X12 manual.

Aside from that the headset is awesome and the amount of sound I can now pick up on is astonishing.

Had headset 6 months now, leaving them laying behind my TV on the floor when not in use and they are wokring fine despite being handled quite roughly.
An excellent 1st set of speakers if you are looking for some.

I have also discovered by accident that when leaving the X12 connected to you xbox (when xbox is turned off!) you can use them to watch TV!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Headset, 23 July 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Didn't buy them from Amazon but Game before they went bust or whatever. Great headset for the money, good to listen to music to and play games.
The microphone is great and has feedback so you hear if other people can hear you.
Comfortable on the head, soft padded and easily bendable microphone make it suitable to wear for long periods of time.

The Bass Boost function on it is awesome as in-game you can make the headset practically vibrate from large explosions with super-strong bass that make them really great to use. Listening to music as well is great if you like bassy songs; very powerful

The only bad thing i'd say is the amount of wires as it (just like all other wired gaming headsets)doesn't have a coiled cable so you have to coil it up and cable-tie it or something like that :)

5.0 out of 5 stars I got this headset becuase of the sound quality!, 31 Jan. 2015
Amazing I was amazed by the crisp quality of the sound, my old mic was horrible didnt give me any good sound and a very poor mic but this microphone is bog standard quality of the make. I was particulary impressed by the adjustable bass, chat and game volume; for example if your friend just join your xbox live party you can decrease the game sound or increase the chat sound so you can hear them. Even if you have a giant head (like mine) it easily adjusts to it and the mic is also adjustable. Furthermore the av adaptor is not needed unless your tv doesnt have an audio out, check the back of tv or monitor to check if it says audio in. Componet in ,or component out it wont work so check for that before buying, it will save you a good five pounds.

If you want to know how to setup the mic follow instructions.(only without the adapter, check youtube for the other tutorials , or if you want check on the instructions leaflet provided).
Xbox setup.
1. Connect red and white plug to back of tv.
2. Connect both the green and green cables together.
3. Connect the wire that is shaped like and L to your controller and the other one to the small box, which is labled X12.
4. Connect usb to xbox so it can power the headset.
Pc setup
1. Connect usb to pc/monitor.
2. Connect just the green cable to the sound jack.
3. Connct the rose cable to the microphone jack.
If your pc/monitor has a audio and mic jack(one jack) just connect it to that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive but not perfect, 28 Feb. 2014
I purchased these headphones as my original headset died. I decided that I might as well go for headphones which route all sounds through them over chat functions only, to spare others in the house...

The set up is a little complicated. I decided to not purchase the adaptor which many people seem to require as I have so many cables I thought I'd be able to sort something out. As it turns out, the red and white SCART ports which I have on the TV didn't work, they must be input only or dedicated for some SCART source. My TV, however, does have a headphone jack which the headphones work with. I'd urge everyone to check this themselves first, as I'm sure many TV's do have this!

Negatives first:
1) When I plugged in the mic to my controller, the static noise was overwhelming. The reason for this is that I had my play and charge kit plugged in, which interferes with the signal. It's a little irritating, but just one of those things you have to deal with. I don't have it plugged in often so it's no real worry.

2) Outside of the play and charge kit, there is an audible hiss in the headphones. It's not too loud, but it is there.To be honest, I've not played a game yet which is quiet enough for it to be heard over the gameplay, although I can imagine it being noticeable in quieter games with more vocals over action noise.

However, there is one main positive and it's a big one - the sound is fantastic. Playing GTA it is possible to hear the click of gears as you change up and, when getting out of a car, you can hear the tick of the engine cooling down. These are things which I never noticed when playing the audio through the TV and is indicative of the quality of the output. I was really impressed that headphones which are not that expensive would output such crisp audio.

The mic is also good, with voice seemingly transmitted clearly and audibly (according to others). It's a really useful feature to be able to control chat and in game volume separately. The bass booster is also a great inclusion and really makes an impact; it's a setting which I change from game to game.

The headphones themselves are comfortable and fit even my slightly large head. I could wear them for extended periods with no discomfort.

All in all, really impressed. The sound is fantastic for the price and the additional features of separate voice and game volumes, as well as a bass booster, are appreciated. Loses one star for that hiss in quieter moments, but it really is negligible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, solid stereo headset., 29 Sept. 2011
okeyblokey (Bolton, Lancashire) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've used the entry level Turtle Beach XLCs (which I bought from my local supermarket for around fifteen quid) for around a year now and come to the conclusion that I need to change. Basically, the XLCs offer stereo sound of the X12s, but at a way inferior level of comfort. Within the next two months, we're looking at Battlefield 3 & Modern Warfare 3 arriving and I need better headset comfort for the next 6 months as I level up!

Let me suggest the obvious; these headphones are - at around £[] - a good deal. Build quality seems good and the adjustable headband fits all sizes from small (my 10 year old tried and fit on smallest setting very nicely) up to massive head. I've got a big head and I only have them opened half way, so don't worry, they'll accommodate you.

I'm using HDMI so need the aftermarket adaptor to enable me to use these. It's only a couple of quid from sellers on Amazon (where I got mine from) and gives you an optical out, too, for when you're not using your headset. Cable length of the X12s is humungous! I haven't measured it, but it must be close to 14'. Thank goodness for the little velcro cable tidy that is attached. I bundled my excess cable together with this to make it tidier.

As I say above, these are stereo headphones, eg. offer left and right channel separation only. They will not give you a virtual surround field. You can buy the optional EarForce DSS adaptor at a later date to give you a 7.1 Dolby certified sound. May do this if they last the course of time, which they should do. I have chosen to give the product five stars as they do the exact job they were bought for in a simple, effective manner.

Only had a quick game of Headquarters on Black Ops to test them so far and have to say that the microphone monitor (your voice through your headphones) works well, the bass boost brings explosions to life (!) and the left and right channel separation does a good job of telling you the direction of fire. Miles more comfortable than the XLCs already.

In summary, a good looking, well built headset with good sound quality. The other review on here and elsewhere suggest some issues over white noise or hissing. I can only comment that I haven't experienced this so far. Maybe the other units these people bought were duds. Get them back under warranty and exchange for another pair. I'm looking forward to using them for an extended run.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 5 Aug. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Quick review on the Turtle Beach X12 Headset.

Amazing headset great for first time Youtubers and great for Gamers.
Very light weight good for long gaming sessions (after about ten mins you don't realize that there on your head.)
Simple set up just a few wires to plug in.
Amazing quality and a OUTSTANDING price.
Long wires so you can sit back and relax on your bed and still wear them.
Works for PC and Xbox Gamers but not PS3.

Hope this helps and I hope you enjoy your purchase.

Luke

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 4 Jun. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
great sound quality...i was horrified at how similar the quality was to my headphones that cost 5x as much. good mic quality...love to be able to change the chat/game volumes separately. comfortable. i really don't have any complaints. at this price, they can't be beat. wireless would be nice, i suppose...but i don't really have any issues. so glad i bought these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique gift, 13 May 2013
Bought these for my brothers birthday and he was really pleased and uses them all the time. Good value and they arrived quickly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Turtle Beach X12, 17 May 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars

But the reason i got rid of it in the end, was mainly for 1 reason, and to me the only thing that i can ever fault with the majority of Turtle Beach headsets in general, and that is after around an hour or so of gaming,the ear cups on them were just too small and absolutely kill your ears, almost making them numb!

Im afraid the x12 is no different (the only reason i just bought the x12, was because my Giotek headset went faulty).

Now i dont consider myself to have huge ears, probably on the average size infact, but why oh why cant Turtle follow alot of other gaming headset manufacturers- and make the ear cups bigger and alot more comfortable to wear after a prolonged period (or any period of time) as we all play for differing amounts nowadays??

I am not a total doom and gloom person and do have good things to say too...

The x12 sound is fantastic for the price you actually pay, the bass boost is great too, and adds some real good sounds to rpg's or grenades launched toward you, the thing that i always like is the microphone design and the clarity at which other gamers can hear you talk, very clear and never muffled or distorted.

I have now opted for a Creative headset, as the earcups are nice and padded ,and although double the price, you really do get what you paid for..

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for playing, 9 Dec. 2012
I brought this for my husband to use for his xbox360 and it seems he loves it. The only downside he said it has alot of wires but besides that it does the job perfectly. Fast delivery.

Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 Xbox 360 Headset - EU
Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 Xbox 360 Headset - EU by Turtle Beach (Mac OS X, Windows 2000 / Vista / XP, Xbox 360)