I've bought three of these. The first one I sprayed with some antibacterial spray and a little bit of it got into the workings and some keys stopped working. So I bought another, this one I spilled some tea (drink) on the board and again, some of the keys stopped working. I then bought another one. Yes, you've guessed it, I ruined the third one, more tea i'm afraid...
Published 2 months ago by imac user

3.0 out of 5 stars very good except zero key on numeric keypad
very good except zero key on numeric keypad, which bit qwerty, can you exchange - it does not feel like apple product
Published 1 month ago by rajni vaghela

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful keyboards- the shallow depth keys are so comfortable to ..., 4 Aug 2014
This review is from: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (Accessory)
I've bought three of these. The first one I sprayed with some antibacterial spray and a little bit of it got into the workings and some keys stopped working. So I bought another, this one I spilled some tea (drink) on the board and again, some of the keys stopped working. I then bought another one. Yes, you've guessed it, I ruined the third one, more tea i'm afraid!
These cannot take getting wet - at all! A small spill shorts the circuits. So be warned. This is what I call built in obSPILLesence!!
Wonderful keyboards- the shallow depth keys are so comfortable to use and I would not go back to using any other keyboard despite their weakness for breaking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes Photoshop much easier!, 31 Dec 2013
T. Nicholls "Old-school Hacker" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (Accessory)
Since Apple stopped supplying their machines with full size keyboards, Photoshop has become a tough application to use. This keyboard fixed a couple of annoying problems for me; the constant 'low battery' warnings from the wireless keyboard and the lack of a Delete key. The two additional USB ports are handy too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding keyboard at a sharp price - and it is UK, 12 Nov 2013
This review is from: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (Accessory)
£35 for a UK-spec genuine Apple keyboard is superb. £ key present, all keys in the right place. Works seamlessly with my multi-screen set up and enables you to face the screen you are typing on. Key action superbly weighted. Additional keys such as "delete" very welcome. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best key board, 10 Dec 2013
This review is from: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (Accessory)
I had never used a Apple Keyboard before, I am a touch typist and it is the best key board I have ever used they should be used in offices everywhere you are able to type so fast because the keys are positioned just right. I am hooked

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad, 27 Nov 2013
This review is from: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (Accessory)
I was in two minds to get a cheaper board as this one is only for occasional use. I was right to spend more - its a pleasure to use. Keys are soft touch, but positive, and the sheer elegance of this keyboard will grace any surroundings. Just compare it to an MS board, and there is no comparison. Two USB sockets are supplied to plug in a mouse (one at either end) saving on 2 separate USB leads from the computer - how cool is that?
Its a well made unit, with a superb solid finish, designed by people that use keyboards for a living all day - that's fairly obvious.
Yes, it will cost more, but in the case of any Apple computer peripherals, you do indeed get what you pay for, and for something like a keyboard, you just want it to work with no sticking keys, no missed presses etc, and it will do that for you - no problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Applicious, 29 May 2014
chris (in my undersea lair) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (Accessory)
First - I don't use this on a Mac. Macs are great, but they don't have many games. So I have a win 7 PC instead. I have already got a nice 27 inch 1440p monitor, so now to complete the functional replication of a Mac I have got an apple keyboard.

Okay the real first thing to note is that this is a very pretty keyboard. Its acetic is very similar to an up market laptop keyboard, mmmm perhaps an apple macbook? I though I had seen this somewhere before. Yes and the upper surface is real metal, with an aluminium finish. Its cold to the touch and feels solid. The underside is white plastic. It has a fixed riser at the top that the keyboard rests on. This riser houses a pair of usb ports, one at each end. The underside also has four soft plastic feet to hold the keyboard firmly on a desk without scratching it. The white key tops are plastic matt finish. My overall impression is that this is a very high quality product. It is really far better looking than any alternative keyboard I have seen, and probably better made to boot.

Second - it works straight out of the box, plug and play. However the win 7 driver that loads up only covers the normal keys and the alt and cmd buttons are reversed. The media buttons and some of the others are either not working or are all mixed up. There are several suggestions on how to solve this on the internet, but the best I found (I tried three) was to download the Mac bootcamp for win 7 and then extract the keyboard and general bootcamp dlls. This is all explained on a youtube video [...]. Once you do this then the keyboard works very nicely including the natty volume and media buttons.

Third - it's a joy to type!!! I am typing this review now using it. I am a bit of a geek for keyboards and spent a silly amount of money before buying an orginal but unused IBM clicky keyboard. Its great but very loud. This apple one is quite the opposite, low key travel, low key forces, quiet in operation, but still with a positive action so you know you have pressed a key. Also the keyboard is flat, this might not sound like much, but actually it has some positive and negative aspects, the flat keys make it easy to move your fingers without having the lift them too much unlike a more steeply raked traditional desktop keyboard with deep keys. However because the keys are flat and not shaped there is less guidance for your fingers. On balance I like it, combined with the low key force and quite operation it is a pleasure to type. Perhaps I can write that novel after all!!

Negatives: none really, you have to load some files to get it working on a windows pc, but otherwise it's great. Personally I prefer wired keyboards to wireless. There is of course a wireless version if you want it.

One word of caution, the keyboard connection wire is very short, it is clearly designed to plug into a port on your desk such as an imac or mini mac, it would not reach down to a workstation or tower under a desk. In my case I plugged it into a usb port on my monitor, so not a problem. You may need to consider a usb extender if you need a longer connection. The keyboard comes with an extender, but it is too short for that purpose, I think instead that is intended to provide easier acess to the keyboards own USB ports.

Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty difficult to fault, build quality and user friendliness amongst the best on the market, 15 Oct 2014
Mr. P. J. R. LEWIS (Llandudno N Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (Accessory)
Apple certainly know how to design and execute a product to almost perfection, as soon as one inserts the USB cable in the back of your Imac or which ever unit you decide to choose the unit instantly recognises this keyboard.

The keys have a lightness to touch that is so pleasant to use over extended periods that it's a delight to use, there is no fatigue over extended use as i can say for other high quality keyboards ive owned and used.

Having two USB sockets either side of the beautifully crafted aluminium keyboard is a very nice addition to an already gorgeous looking unit.

We all know that Apple like to charge the customer a premium for their products, but in this instant they can be forgiven because this is the best quality and most user friendly keyboard you are likely to buy or use.

It even feels nicer to use than their wireless keyboard, with additional keys especially a delete key that the wireless keyboard for some reason does not have.

If one could award ten stars the keyboard would merit them, it's so user friendly that if one tried to design your dream keyboard its appearance and use would not be far removed from this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Class, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (Accessory)
As usual well engineering apple product.
Just need to figure out how to keep the white keys clean for those not working in a lab or space station!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and gentle to use., 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (Accessory)
I originally had a Mac, and found the keyboard acting with enjoyable to use. I was given a work laptop which was a PC and hated dirt cheap clunky keys. The purchased an Apple keyboard but currently use it for PC machine. I would say be very biased as I am an Apple fan, I just find that their products are well made and enjoyable to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, 22 Aug 2014
This review is from: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (Accessory)
I spend half my day typing at home and I just tipped a whole mug of tea over my 5 year old Sony laptop and killed it, after sobbing to myself and lamenting the possibility of having to pay £600 for a new computer (with windows 8? the devil!) or £120 to get my laptop fixed, I looked into buying a replacement keyboard. Most of the cheap keyboards looked okay but that they might be annoying to type on after a while so I decided to pay a bit more for the apple version. It worked right away and is an absolutely beautiful keyboard. I'm not a mac person but I must say they know how to make one of these puppies. Definitely worth the extra money, the key strike is shallow and regimented, making touch typing quiet and much, much easier. Highly recommend!! Also bought a cup with a lid on it and took the password off my computer....just in case!

Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad