Format: Audio CD|Change

on 14 December 2012
Today, December 14th, i received my copy hoping that it would be the fixed stereo version. I was wrong: MONO. Highly disappointed.
on 1 March 2013
Always was a Frankie fan and this brought bakc to many great memories and superb extended versions of the fabulous driving tracks for which Frankie was famous. Helps with the pace of my ironing singing along lol.
on 6 August 2012
what a shame this cd has been ruined by bad quality control at salvo/ ztt.i was really looking forward to having The Welcome To The Pleasuredome cassette mix on cd,in pristine digital quality,as the original tape version was ropey to say the least.i did think about cancelling my order,but I also wanted the other mixes this cd had to offer.The 17 minute mix of Rage Hard,the 16 minute Sex Mix of Relax and warriors of the wasteland cassette mix.i totally embraced the Frankie remix culture buying every 12 inch remix I could get my hands on,imports as well! I have hunted down most of these remixes on cd over the years and this release fills in quite a few gaps.How this mistake got through,god only knows,just hope they sort it out and offer people like myself a free replacement.update on 1April 2013,reordered this cd and all new copy's sold by Amazon have the new stereo disc 1 as standard.buy with confidence!
on 14 February 2014
CD excellent and sounds great, very pleased with the CD. It is Frankie goes to Hollywood at their best and very enjoyable. GREAT
on 7 August 2012
My grandad jumped out of his chair when this CD started playing. He grabbed a tartan rug from under the cat, flung it over his shoulder, and then hopping back and forth on one leg with his hands behind his back, started chanting too-rye-aye.

Once Track 6 came on though he started hunting for a baseball bat and threatening to do some damage. The CD has a big 'Back To Mono' sticker but most of the tracks are stereo!

Luckily I can return the CD. I am going to get Nasher's book instead!

PS

Two Tribes without the production: is a great live version of Two Tribes
Carnage without the Lads: is nothing
on 10 January 2013
Ignore the 1 star reviews. The first 5 tracks are now stero as the rest of the album this is Frankie at its best. All extended 12" as on cassingle.
on 12 July 2015
Great Artist! Great Remixes!
on 16 August 2012
I have this CD and was a huge fan of FGTH back in the 1980,s. I remember trying to get hold of the cassette singles, which was quite hard back then. Later I remember managing to get hold of Rage Hard and Warriors of the Wasteland on CD single whilst on a shopping trip to Londons Oxford Street HMV. So I consider myself relatively well informed of their output and the myriad of different mixes of all their single releases. This new double CD has caused quite a stir amongst fans and rightly so. The reasons why have been discussed in great detail by other reviewers. I think a balanced view on this release is that its not the total disaster many are making out. Its a double CD for starters and is crammed with classic remixes that have been pretty much impossible to get hold of for years. If you consider the cost of this CD set it is without doubt a bargain price. Also for what its worth the packaging of the set is superb. As for the sound issues on the first five tracks, well on three of these it really doesnt make a lot of difference as they are short spoken interludes. Yes you can tell there is something amiss with the main two mixes but surprisingly they are not totally worthless. They are still listenable and I would rather have them on the CD than not. It is odd how these tracks came to be allowed on to the CD as they are I will admit. Obviously a mistake has been made somewhere along the line and yes maybe the CD should have been withdrawn or delayed. However, this is the CD we have for now. Buy it for all the other great tracks, they sound terrific, and the 'versions' of WTTPD are listenable as they are. I imagine to those not aware of the mono issues they may not even notice there is a problem with them. So to conclude, in my opinion not the complete disaster many are making out but an oddity none the less. Worth having in your FGTH collection.
77 comments|8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 December 2012
Now its all good with stereo mixes...Best compilation I know..
I love the relax remix never heard that one before. Check it out !
on 30 July 2014