on 13 December 2012
Although I have read this book before, it is still a very important book in my spiritual reading. I would recommend it to anyone who has never looked at the life of St Therese before-they will find many helpful insights to help with their own spiritual development.
on 30 October 2012
One of the most accessible yet important works of spirituality ever produced. St Therese of the Child Jesus and the Holy Face is now a Doctor of the Church.
on 22 February 2015
I have read this spiritual autobiography many times, but this time I was really struck what a loving child Therese was. A very sensitive soul she was a determined character and could have been a spoilt demanding woman. But Therese was centred on God her heavenly father and she poured all her energy into loving him. She saw herself as a child, simply dependent on her loving father, and although her language is sometimes flowery there is nothing sentimental about her. She suffered greatly from TB and died very young. Her short life has been very a very powerful influence on countless people.
on 9 October 2013
One with the best books I have ever read. Please just try it and you will love it.
A very good purchase.
on 18 October 2013
I read this several years ago but on stopping of in Lisieux, France on my way home from holidays thought I would download it onto my kindle. It was fresh and inspiring again and a book I will keep going back to.
on 23 August 2013
Beauty of this story words cannot describe. Heartfelt and inspirational. A spirituality of such simplicity and humility. Amazing human being!
on 13 December 2014
As a Catholic this is more than what I hoped for.
Her life has brought a new depth to my faith and
taught me simple but enormous truths about how to give myself to Christ.
For any non Catholics this will reveal everything you could want to understand about the Catholic
approach to Christianity.
on 8 February 2014
What can anyone say about the Little Flower? Such a lesson in such a short life. There are very few religious books that are readable from cover to cover without the need to sit and think hard every two paragraphs, but St Terese is so easy to read, and her message so simple to comprehend.
on 11 August 2015
No wonder so many millions of people love St Therese! Her account is so inspiring & you get to know her, how she felt & thought. She is really lovely. Her little way is so achievable too, not all of us manage major things but anyone can do the little things with great love. I had the amazing chance to visit her beautiful Basilica in Lisieux a few times, which is in Normandy France - a really beautiful region. We came away with tears in our eyes, having felt so close to her. She loves like someone really with you, like a loving sister. Lisieux was a great place to visit, friendly, we felt so at home. This might sound crazy but when we left and before going we saw a giant x in the sky made by airplane contrails. We accepted it to be a kiss from St Therese. It happened a good few times. I wouldn't put it past her to do something like that as she is soooo sweet!.
on 13 January 2013
The Kindle version much better than the printed book since it is illustrated.

Relatively modern saints have been photograped and their reality is enhanced by illustrations