5.0 out of 5 stars Saw the recording
Published on 4 Nov. 2011 by N. Shabibi

3.0 out of 5 stars great condition but not very funny
The DVD was in top condition . However the content of humour by tim vine I didn't find very funny. I've his other dvds and this is no where near as good.
Too many songs.
Published 23 months ago by vidall

5.0 out of 5 stars Saw the recording, 4 Nov. 2011
N. Shabibi "shabibijunior" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tim Vine - Jokeamotive [DVD] (DVD)
I had the pleasure of seeing the recording at the Bloomsbury Theatre. It was simply outstanding, the best live show I've been to, despite the fact that it was a DVD recording. I had seen the tour earlier in Cheltenham, and it's clear that he has chosen the best parts of his latest act. Tim is surpassing himself with every performance because he is increasing the variation in his act.
To round it all off he's a bloody nice fellow too :)

Look out for the Bee Gee act, and "Don't drop the Laptop"... amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tim on form, 22 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Tim Vine - Jokeamotive [DVD] (DVD)
Tim Vine always love to watch for he dosen't need to offend people, swear or cheap boring smut fo laughs. Good family laughs all round - How he remembers the jokes is beyond me and thinks them all up is so class, the only part I didn't get was the little carpet bit - apart from that excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars Good - Get it if your a Tim Vine fan, 21 Nov. 2011
S Ablett "Orange Grunt" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tim Vine - Jokeamotive [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD is good, but its the weakest in my opinion of his four released DVDs. 'So I said to this bloke is probably his best', followed by 'Pun-slinger', followed by 'live'.
When his style is so unique and fast paced, he stands heads and shoulders above any other comedian out their. So the only person to compare him to is himself.
The jokes are not as strong as his previous releases, meaning they stretch their connections to the alternative meanings more so than usual. They also take more thinking about and more prior subject knowledge to understand the punchlines. If you know the context behind them, I'm sure they are hilarious. But if you didn't understand them (like me) you listened to the mild audience reaction from the few that did to know the joke was finished. The songs also had less comical value than his other releases and felt more like they were included as they were expected, rather than them adding something.

There were more prop gags them his other releases and his stage is cluttered with junk. Although some of those were weak such as his large piece of bacon, which he didn't even have a gag for. It felt more like he was filling in time when it would have been better just being left out.

But when your telling close to 500 jokes in an hour, then you can't be expected to hit home runs with each one. I appreciate the effort he tried writing all new material.

I also credit his memorisation as he never once referred to his notes, which he had in his previous releases.

Jonathan Archer had a cameo but didn't do anything. This was especially odd for this release as the audience acknowledged him, but the viewers had no idea why. I was hoping that he would have given some DVD time to his warm-up act, since this is his fourth tour with him and it only makes sense to start respecting your warm-up acts. Maybe set the scene for other comedians. When DVDs can hold over 4 hours of footage, and blu-ray 16 hours. I think its time we start filling in the space available and respecting the act that build up the audience for you. At least include it as a special feature.

If your a Tim Vine fan like me, then you've probably already bought the DVD. If your looking for a Christmas gift and need a comedian who doesn't swear, doesn't do rude or dirty jokes, meaning its suitable for family members - then this is that DVD.

I will be watching this DVD again on Christmas Day with my family, as I know it is suitable for family viewings (unlike some other comedians which are not suitable for watching with your mothers).

This is a good DVD, but if its your first time with Tim Vine, go for one of his other releases first as they are the best DVDs ever released in the stand-up category and you will enjoy every second of them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, but not great fun..., 10 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Tim Vine - Jokeamotive [DVD] (DVD)
I didn't manange to see this show live - mainly because Tim avoided Oxford yet again - but I did receive this for Christmas. I'm a huge fan of Tim's and have seen him live many times, but I felt a little bit underwhelmed by this one. It's still a good show in Tim's trademark style of one-line groaners, silly props and obscure songs, but for me it just didn't tickle me quite as much as his other 3 DVDs. Maybe Tim set the bar too high previously!

If you've enjoyed Tim before then get it, you will like it. As an introduction to Tim though, I wouldn't recommend it. I'm a fan and therefore a bit more forgiving than someone who might be seeing him for the first time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny., 28 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Tim Vine - Jokeamotive [DVD] (DVD)
'The Joke-amotive' follows the pattern of previous Tim Vine routines. The quick-fire punning is there as before, as is the prop-based humour. However, although there are silly songs there's nothing to match the elegant brilliance of 'Alarm Bells', 'Family Holiday', or 'My Marvellous Metronome'. Flag Hippo returns in the extras, with a twist, but compared to previous routines this one is not quite so polished or so 'rich'. There are fewer rapid and connected pun sequences and there are one or two too many non-joke jokes. The extras are very watchable, particularly the one with Flag Hippo and the Box Song. I like this DVD, it's very funny, and in places it is laugh out loud funny: if you like Tim Vine you are certain to like this, but I think this is not his most amazing offering. "Tim Vine - So I Said To This Bloke" is still the grooviest.

5.0 out of 5 stars UNREAL, 17 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Tim Vine - Jokeamotive [DVD] (DVD)
this really is one of the funniest comedy sketches I have seen in a long time. I cried laughing in parts. If you're a fan of the ol' puns this is an absolute must. I could watch this again and again and not get tired of it and how clever he is :)Also, he is a "clean" comedian, which is rare now so if you're watching it at Christmas the whole family can watch it without having to forward through parts :)

BUY IT!! You won't regret it :)

4.0 out of 5 stars An ok dvd, 22 Feb. 2012
Mrs. T. N. Henshaw "Tracy" (Prestatyn, Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tim Vine - Jokeamotive [DVD] (DVD)
I love Tim Vine and have all his dvd's but this one is definitely not as funny as the previous one's, he's still a great laugh but this one didn't make me laugh out loud.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good, 25 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Tim Vine - Jokeamotive [DVD] (DVD)
I love Tim Vine, this DVD does labour a bit, other purchases of Tim Vine DVD's have been better, I still like it though, hard to diss the man!!

3.0 out of 5 stars great condition but not very funny, 9 Mar. 2013
Too many songs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought for a pun loving friend; we laughed and cringed but totally worth it, 4 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Tim Vine - Jokeamotive [DVD] (DVD)
I have seen other things by Tim Vine and generally have enjoyed those more. But still does a great job. One of the best punslingers around, if you catch my drift.

Tim Vine - Jokeamotive [DVD]
Tim Vine - Jokeamotive [DVD] by Tim Vine (DVD - 2011)