5.0 out of 5 stars Aching with laughter
Published on 21 Nov 2011 by Elfie

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointed
Bought this as I liked him on Mock the Week but the dvd was not that great. Certainly entertaining buy we only laughed out loud once.
Published 14 months ago by Ms. J. Dynan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Aching with laughter, 21 Nov 2011
This review is from: Ed Byrne - Crowd Pleaser [DVD] (DVD)
Love Ed Byrne and his work. My pal and I saw his show in Newcastle this year and laughed till our sides ached. Perceptive humour, warm personality, good interaction with the audience. It's impossible to pick everything up on the night, so this is a good way of catching what you missed and having a chance to appreciate again Ed's skill. Do put this in someone's stocking!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious - Highly recommended, 20 Nov 2011
This review is from: Ed Byrne - Crowd Pleaser [DVD] (DVD)
This show is so so funny, we laughed and laughed. Ed Byrne is a very clever man. I'd really recommend it. It would make a fab Christmas present for someone.

5.0 out of 5 stars chuffin brilliant, 19 Nov 2011
This review is from: Ed Byrne - Crowd Pleaser [DVD] (DVD)
Me and my wife went to see Ed Byrne in Cardiff. We loved it so much we went to see him in Guildford as well. My wife actually wee'd herself a little bit during the Cardiff show. We had seen him on tv but never live. We've now just watched the dvd and are still laughing. What I liked about the tour was his brilliantly funny way of describing the everyday (not that giving birth is everyday). You find yourself agreeing with everything he says. We liked him before seeing him live but think he's excellent now. He's one of the funniest comedians around and has got lovely hair. Would love to know what conditioner he uses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest stand-up DVD this year, 20 Nov 2011
Mr. M. Cruise "mrhairyman" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ed Byrne - Crowd Pleaser [DVD] (DVD)
This is a comedian at the top of his game. A mix of every topic you could imagine - TV, politics, and the humdrum of everyday life are put under Ed's microscope, and the results are comedy gold. I've seen quite a few comedians this year, and this stood out at the best show of the year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Side splittingly funny!, 19 Nov 2011
This review is from: Ed Byrne - Crowd Pleaser [DVD] (DVD)
This show is truly hilarious! There are so many memorable personal stories that I found touching whilst side splittingly funny. Can't wait for the next tour!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant show, 19 Nov 2011
This review is from: Ed Byrne - Crowd Pleaser [DVD] (DVD)
I can't believe someone gave this show/ DVD 2 stars! Five star outing all the way. I saw this show live and couldn't wait to get my hands on the DVD. Ed Byrne is a brilliant storyteller and as such, his material really stands up to repeated viewing. Love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Difficult Third, 30 Dec 2011
This review is from: Ed Byrne - Crowd Pleaser [DVD] (DVD)
I've been an Ed Byrne fan for a while, and I can't say I was entirely disappointed with his latest release. For fans debating over whether or not to buy it, I'd say you might as well; it has a few decent laughs, and it may even be a grower like Pedantic & Whimsical. For those completely new to Ed, I'd say start with Pedantic... or Different Class before moving on to this. That, or watch this first and save the best for last; this certainly isn't his best, which is why I'd give it about 3 1/2 stars (may as well say 4). This a good DVD as stand up DVDs go. In my opinion, it just didn't go off as well as his previous shows.

5.0 out of 5 stars hugely recommended, 19 Nov 2011
This review is from: Ed Byrne - Crowd Pleaser [DVD] (DVD)
I saw this show in Glasgow in early November and it was FANTASTIC. I have to comment on Disappointed's review - there were jokes about Osama Bin Laden's Death, The Royal Wedding and the birth of Ed's child amongst many many others, all of which have only taken place in the last year so i'm not sure where Disappointed has seen it all before? maybe you've seen the odd section on various TV shows, but it is all from this new show premiered in March 2011. As a fan of Ed's too, i own the previous two DVD's and can testify that there isn't a single joke on Crowd Pleaser that is either on Pedantic and Whimsical or Different Class. It is ALL NEW STUFF.

Crowd Pleaser is a brilliant show, full of the funny and gives a hilarious insight into the latest developments of Ed's life. i highly recommend it. i was part of a large crowd and was certainly very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars I laughed my self a six pack !, 6 Nov 2011
This review is from: Ed Byrne - Crowd Pleaser [DVD] (DVD)
This show was utterly FANTASTIC!!!! I would recommend it to anyone. I went with my best friend and we were laughing non stop all the way through. We saw it in Derby, which is only a small venue and yet it had the feel of a much larger show. His wit never faltered and his banter with the audience was brilliant. I genuinely had stomach cramps the next day from laughing so hard, as did my friend. He even mocked his own ability as an observational comedian, which made it all the funnier.

5.0 out of 5 stars On Form, 4 May 2014
This review is from: Ed Byrne - Crowd Pleaser [DVD] (DVD)
Great performance, perhaps not quite so many laughs as in 'Pedantic and Whimsical' or 'Different Class' (which I highly recommend) but still well worth the watch. Some stand-up comics seem to lose their touch after a while, but Ed Byrne has proved that he isn't one of them, his comedy is always reliably funny and on-point.

Also fairly rewatchable as far as stand-up comedy goes and good to have on in the background while working.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Ed Byrne - Crowd Pleaser [DVD]
Ed Byrne - Crowd Pleaser [DVD] by Ed Byrne (DVD - 2011)
10.25