5.0 out of 5 stars The best show ever....including the best tv moment
I wont give anything away but this is the best comedy ever. especially episode 8 of the dvd, something happens that left me laughing for hours. The rest of the series is awesome as always
Published on 4 Dec. 2011 by C. Palmer

1.0 out of 5 stars No subtitles!!!
Why are there no subtitles?
It's 2012!
The TV version was subtitled but not the DVD release!
I got this as a Xmas present by the way.
Can't watch (listen to) as I'm deaf!!
Published on 30 Jan. 2012 by GUBID

1.0 out of 5 stars No subtitles!!!, 30 Jan. 2012
This review is from: An Idiot Abroad - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Why are there no subtitles?
It's 2012!
The TV version was subtitled but not the DVD release!
I got this as a Xmas present by the way.
Can't watch (listen to) as I'm deaf!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best show ever....including the best tv moment, 4 Dec. 2011
C. Palmer (cornwall) - See all my reviews
This review is from: An Idiot Abroad - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Non-stop laughs, truly brilliant. Karl Pilkington at his very best!, 14 Dec. 2011
This review is from: An Idiot Abroad - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Where to begin? Karl Pilkington is perhaps best known for being Ricky Gervais & Stephen Merchant's bizarre minded (Albeit genius) close friend. Following a very successful first series, Karl is back to embark on journey following a number of somewhat humiliating tasks. Karl, a man who isn't especially keen on being out of his comfort zone, attempts some of these. While not having high hopes to begin with that he'll actually complete them. With Ricky & Steve regularly calling him on his mobile phone, these moments make you very excited on what Karl's reaction to his next task will be. Furthermore, Karl moans, groans and then complains his way through many activities upcoming he will have to travel to next, with well and truly hysterical results! (I won't spoil it for some, by giving out names of the locations).

I will mention the fact that this programme isn't for everybody, some people clearly won't understand Karl, by not getting the clever comedy within the situations and the many terms and phrases Karl uses throughout the show. If you enjoyed the XFM radio shows (Which can still be listened to on the Internet) and The infamous Ricky Gervais podcasts, or even a huge fan of Ricky & Steve themselves! The possibility you'll love this is pretty high.

So if your feeling slightly down and fancy being cheered up, then Karl's your man!Sit down, get comfy, and enjoy Karl's thrilling voyage to explore, across the sea's, out of his comfort zone. Higher your standards with this gem!

Here lies a misunderstood genius in the making, all the ranting and the whining you can possibly hope for! Just to exceptional for words. Certainly a viewing pleasure. A laugh a minute extravaganza!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent second helping, 6 Feb. 2012
Marcia "marcia" (england) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: An Idiot Abroad - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Karl Pilkington is on great form in this second series of An Idiot Abroad. After the brilliant first series, there was always the fear that a second series would not work as well. But there was nothing to fear because this is a very enjoyable series.
In series one Karl had been sent to see the seven wonders of the world. This time he has to choose a bucket list of things he would do before he would die.
Predictably things are not quite what they seem and Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant have surprises in store for Karl.
Its interesting seeing the places Karl goes to. And it is equally interesting seeing the things he does. And it is very, very funny in places. Karl is naturally funny and the series is a joy to watch. I had to pause the DVD a few times because I found it so funny. There are even funny things in the extra special features.
Unlike series one, there are no subtitles or audio description for the hard of hearing or blind on this DVD set.
This series is easily as good as the first and by the end of it I wished there was more. Therefore I hope there will me further series in the future.
This is a very entertaining and funny series. Excellent.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the first and repetitive - some bad points but still entertaining, 7 Jan. 2012
W. Hutchinson "whutchin2" (Perth, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: An Idiot Abroad - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I was quite surprised at all the rave reviews here without criticism. Perhaps I made the mistake of viewing both disks over two days. It was very much the same formula as the last series (undergraduate, practical joke humour) although they keep on saying it is not. It is mostly funny but repetitive.
There are some negatives however. The first is the background Steptoe and Son style music followed by a sound track that reminded me of an old television's children's programme sound -track or perhaps it was more like a 1950's comedy - much the same thing really. I thought this was off-putting and taking the viewer as somewhat of a plonker - which is what they appear to think anyway. Why do we need this music anyway - perhaps to keep us awake - before Gervais and Marchants' material was thankfully free of it. The other was the `prostate scene' which was totally unethical and I think if that is a genuine doctor he should be reprimanded. It was almost certainly a set-up but as it pretends it was not, it sends a signal out that your `friends' can secretly film a medical procedure for laughs - hardly friends are they? Or perhaps the good - promoting males to get themselves checks - supersedes the law,
All in all an entertaining series with the annoying caveats above. Karl has my vote and I hope he was paid a mint for it. Some lovely filming made it excel in this area.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious as ever, 13 Nov. 2011
T Throup - See all my reviews
This review is from: An Idiot Abroad - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
With the series finale just recently I think it's fair to say this series was just as good as the first, he didn't know much about what he was doing to be honest (eg. when Ricky and Steve changed swimming with dolphins to sharks, and the cuddle party etc.) but it was equally as funny to see him say no to things such as the bungee jump, especially when he lies straight to Ricky and ends up owing £2500.
I think this is a must-buy DVD to add to the collection, whether you've seen it on TV or not - Karl Pilkington is one of the funniest men alive, he just doesn't quite know it yet. :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Why oh why, no subtitles, 15 Jan. 2012
Eric Richards "ekka" (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: An Idiot Abroad - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
One star for an astonishing omission NO SUBTITLES.

Just loved the first series, and was able to because of the addition on subtitles. Being hard of hearing or deaf is not restricted to older folk to whom maybe the powers that be thought were not their target audience. PLEASE Amazon shout it from the rooftops when a title does not have subtitles, rather than having to trawl through the details looking for this information. In short, subtitles for series 1, none for series two, I mean "what's that all about" I can almost hear Karl saying ( if I could )

4.0 out of 5 stars An Idiot Abroad 2 dvd, 9 Dec. 2011
This review is from: An Idiot Abroad - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
This series is as good if not better than the first series, most of us have watched all of the episodes on sky one like myself so i bought this on dvd to watch those great moments again and see some nice added extras including the pilko pump pant on price drop tv in full some deleted scenes. the quality of the dvd is really good picture and sound are really fine for a dvd shame about no subtitles but we cant win them all, the dvd menus are done nicely. now i want to get onto some details on some of the episodes on show the route 66 episode on disc 2 has a scene cut if you compare it to the original footage on sky one the scene when he goes to see a glee club and sings and dances on stage we only see him dance on the dvd but on sky one we saw him sing too :(.anyone else noticed this?

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as funny as first season, 3 Feb. 2012
Daniel Williams (Auckland, New Zealand) - See all my reviews
I'm a huge Karl, Ricky and Steve fan, but this wasn't anywhere near as good as the first season. It was disappointing from the first episode to see Karl not do things that were set up for him, like bungee jumping. When he says "I'm definitely not doing it" you're expecting to see him get talked into it and eventually do it, but when the scene ends with him not doing it, you feel the climax built to nothing. This program could have been so much more, but it seems 90% of each episode is just filler before they get to the real bucket list item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pilko Pants are the future !, 8 Jun. 2012
Kevin Long "kevin_cambs_uk" (England) - See all my reviews
The interesting thing about this programme is that you get to see these countries and holiday ideas from a fresh perspective, which is what I enjoyed from the first series. Many of these holidays that Karl goes on are ideas that me and the wife have, when we get the money ! so to see them in more reality makes it a better travel review than many other travel series.

On top of this you get Karl's perspective on things, which at times has you dying from laughter, almost rolling on the floor with laughing at some of the antics. Both I and my wife enjoyed these programmes, and enjoyed the perspective on the countries such as Japan, and Alaska, and coupled with the humour, makes for a great entertaining bunch of programmes. Its not until you talk to other people who have seen them and you relive the memories with other that you forget just how damn funny they are.

My only gripe is that I thought that Karl did not know who lucky he was to get to visit these places and appreciate them for what they are, or maybe that's my sour grapes at not being sent there myself, all paid for!

Well done Karl another great series, and plenty of re runs of this will be coming along in the future, but I think 2 series is enough !

An Idiot Abroad - Series 2 [DVD]
An Idiot Abroad - Series 2 [DVD] by Karl Pilkington (DVD - 2011)