4.0 out of 5 stars Fine swan song, part one, 17 Feb 2012
J. I. De Beresford "safemouse" (Farnham) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Miracle (2011 Remaster) (Audio CD)
This isn't technically Queen's swan song, Freddie hung on for one more album and the other members scraped together a posthumous one too, but I think in spiritual terms this is at least Part 1. This is partly business as usual, partly about celebrating their career; Freddie knows his number is up and he decides to put a brave face on it and come out all guns blazing. "Who told me that my party was over?" He asks. "No one stops my party". And for the time being, at least, the illness was not strong enough to stop him continuing the celebration and sounding better than he ever had. Truth be told, his situation probably provoked him into throwing everything he had into securing Queen's legacy. Rather like the Beatles saved the best 'til last with Abbey Road and took their game to a new level with their medley on side 2 Queen open with one on this album, albeit just two songs. For me Kashoggi's Ship/Party and The End are both bands saying 'goodbye' and by the way, aren't we slick? (Neither band was fully conscious of it at the time). There is no time for sadness or much depth on this album, that is left for Innuendo, Swan Song part 2. It goes on to be a relentless collection of air wave commanding hits, sounding like men ten years younger. But that wouldn't really be true because these musicians are more confident than the ones they were in 1979. The Queen of the 70s and early 80s wrote some classics but buried on the albums there were some duds and slightly awkward arrangements. The Miracle is never an album that sounds anything less than effortless and never one I want to turn down, even when it delivers a couple of songs that are fluffier, the charm never stops. If everything song were no better than My Baby Does Me it wouldn't fare well, I admit, but it fits well into the whole conception- although it wavers a bit I believe this album does have a concept! We're soon back in more rock operatic territory again with Was It All Worth it? which returns to the same theme that the album began with, that of Queen dealing with the issue of their number being called and what they have to say about that. First they said, shut up, we're partying. They don't stop but now they take stock while they do it. "Yes, it was a worthwhile experience." Innuendo is the final tragic act.

5.0 out of 5 stars One Of My Favourite Queen Album's, 5 May 2014
Timelord007 (The Tardis) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Miracle (2011 Remaster) (Audio CD)
This is one of my favourite Queen albums as it features several brilliant tracks from the classic I Want It All to the entertaining The Invisible Man & my favourite 3 tracks on the album Breakthru, The Miracle & Scandal.

This shows Queen delivering catchy choruses & power rock riffs, It is well documented that Freddie Mercury was not in the best of health as the band no longer toured, Yet listening to Freddies voice on this album you wouldn't think he was ill as he delivers a excellent vocal range on several great songs throughout this excellent album.

A great album now remastered sounding better than ever that showcases the power of Queens music & one of my favourite all time Queen album's .

Timelord Rating.
10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars The Miracle by Queen, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Miracle (2011 Remaster) (Audio CD)
This was always one of my favourite Queen tapes so I was glad to be able to buy it on a CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars one of their best albums, 18 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Miracle (2011 Remaster) (Audio CD)
This a great album from start to finish,loved the raw gutsy sound and made all the better from the digital remastering only moan is there are not enough tracks to enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Miracle., 28 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Miracle (2011 Remaster) (Audio CD)
Queen merged all together to write this and the result is perfection. Some of this is pure listening whilst other songs are real sing-along if I'm the only one in the car!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Miracle, 26 Jun 2012
This review is from: The Miracle (2011 Remaster) (Audio CD)
It did everything it said on the tin! delivered very promptly, great sound quality, an excellent
album, I may seem biased, but I am a devoted Queen Fan.

The Miracle (2011 Remaster)
The Miracle (2011 Remaster) by Queen (Audio CD - 2011)