5.0 out of 5 stars Good product at a great price
This mouse is the perfect size for me. Thankfully the main part is matte black, rather than the often encountered shiny finish that shows up dust and fingerprints.

Published on 29 Aug. 2012 by 48snapper

3.0 out of 5 stars AmazonBasics Wireless Mouse
Works fine - but works best with the Nano Receiver in a USB slot at the FRONT of your PC [if you're using it with a desktop], not the back. It would be absolutely fine with a laptop though. Good value for money.
Published on 15 Aug. 2012 by Easywriter

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product at a great price, 29 Aug. 2012
48snapper (Carmarthen, Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AmazonBasics Wireless Mouse with Nano Receiver Black (Personal Computers)

It worked right out of the box, except after a minute or two the cursor started wobbling around on its own. This turned out to be a conflict with my still connected wired mouse. Something to be aware of.

In use, the mouse works a treat with buttons that click nicely without being hard work to press. I've had fancier ones in the past, with various extra buttons and features - but never really used them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 21 April 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The USB receiver is found inside the battery compartment (AAA type used, and supplied with the mouse - which saves so much bother); as soon as it's plugged into the computer and the batteries inserted, you're off: turn it on, and press the 'connect' button. Easy.

I'm left-handed, and I like the simplicity of this mouse - the ones with all the extra buttons all tend to be better for right-handers, and end up with me accidentally pressing them all the time. This has a left- and right-click function, and a central scrolling wheel. That's all it needs in my book. It's not too chunky, either - in fact, it looks like it's been designed for smaller hands.

Good stuff - remember to turn it off, though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mighty Mouse, 28 Aug. 2012
I love the portability of this product and have used it on my laptop and three other PCs. It works well and it's really good value. It's ON/OFF switch saves battery life, unlike my previous wireless mice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic easy to use and set up. Similar price to Logic mouse in Tesco. Not as premium feel. Has long range 2 meter approx., 27 Jan. 2013
Fantastic easy to use and set up. Similar price to Logic mouse in Tesco. Not as premium feel as Logic. Haven't used Logic so can't really compare. This has long range 2 meter approx. Avoid cheap Chinese ones on eBay. They only have a range of 50 cm so you can only use while sitting next to your laptop so defeats the purpose of having a wireless mouse.

Nice smooth velvet feel top and nice scrolling wheel. Very responsive. This has a small/ nano usb plug inside. Stick the usb adaptor in the laptop and switch on the mouse and hey presto. Off you go.

Mouse will automatically install required drivers if you are using vista/ windows 7/ or 8 etc.

Only negative is that the plastic rim around the edge- shiny black plastic feels a bit cheap. Easily gets scuff marks. Hence 4 star but definitely worth buying of you want a good reliable product and not mess about with returning cheap rubbish alternatives from eBay like I've had to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nifty little mouse for laptops, 28 Aug. 2012
This was free when bought with another product in my case, but I would be happy with it if I'd paid for it. They're not kidding about the nano receiver. Took me a while to find it (and I knew what to look for). It's in the battery compartment :-)

Aside from that, a great little mouse. Responsive and accurate, everything you want a mouse to be. The receiver is very low profile and barely projects from the USB port. An ideal addition to a laptop to avoid all the fiddly touchpad faff.

4.0 out of 5 stars amazing value once you have set it up, 27 Jan. 2013
John Davison - See all my reviews
I threw away one perfectly good example of this mouse thinking I had broken it during set up.

Here are the confusing oddities:

The receiver that plugs into the PC has to be pulled out of the inside of the mouse.

There is an annoying piece of plastic in the battery case which is supposed to make removing them easier but which just gets in the way - you can safely cut it off.

The batteries slide in at a very odd angle - they don't lie flat.

Just as you thought you had bought a dud one, you find a tiny on/off switch on the base of the mouse.

Once you have got past these hurdles you have an AMAZING little machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at a great price, 21 April 2012
pacem et amorem (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I didn't know what to expect of this Wireless Mouse. Branded as AmazonBasics at an extremely competitive price - a price akin to its more traditional wired brethren - I have to admit I wasn't expecting much. It was with a certain amount of trepidation that I received the parcel and needless to say I was more than pleasantly surprised when it was opened!
The AmazonBasics packaging is what it intends to be ... hassle-free. Within a few seconds the box was open and I was looking at a good sturdily built mouse. Hidden away within its battery compartment is the Nano Receiver and when they say Nano, they mean it - it is teeny and therefore marvellously unobtrusive when plugged into the usb slot. Once the batteries were installed and the mouse switched on it was picked up very quickly by the computer.
After a very short space of time (and without the need of installation discs etc) I was ready to use my new mouse. It is nicely responsive, comfortable to use and more than I could have hoped for at this price. This particular AmazonBasic is amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, small and does the job, 1 Jun. 2013
Ms. C. H. Rogers (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
I've always prided myself on being able to do without a mouse but the trackpad on my new Toshiba laptop proved intransigent so I had to bite the bullet and buy one. This has proved a surprisingly good choice and I love the compact size with the nano receiver cunnningly hidden in the mouse itself for easy transport. Hey, I might even take it on holiday. It worked straight out of the box and transfers from PC to Macbook without a hitch. If I have to use a mouse, this one is perfect.

3.0 out of 5 stars AmazonBasics Wireless Mouse, 15 Aug. 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars OK product, 30 April 2012
White Eagle - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are relatively smoothly & are very easy to use.For an Amazon basics product, I did not expect this quality.
It takes 2 AAA batteries, has a tiny USB port for the wireless connection & is not too big or small & is a comfortable size for most people I would say. It has a nice soft matt black top so feels ok in my hands.
However it doesn't always work smoothly & drags a bit sometimes. I sometimes feel it doesn't glide as much (it is not the best I've had).

PS> The only drawback I have you have to TURN IT OFF AFTER USE & more often than not, I forget & so it wastes the batteries. it would be nice if it had auto-shut off.