5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!
Published 4 months ago by Lynsey B

1.0 out of 5 stars Deleted from kindle app...
Published on 21 April 2012 by Fireside reader

1.0 out of 5 stars Deleted from kindle app..., 21 April 2012
This review is from: Craved (The Gwen Sparks Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Where to start. This is an extremely disjointed read with awful sentence structure and reall terrible characterisation It badly needs editing. The author could not keep timelines straight. For example, how long had Gwen known her BBF - from childhood or from when she was 16 both are in the book? The time line for her break up and meeting of the two male leads also didn't add up! It has extremely bad sex scenes inserted at some of the most ridiculous times, along with teenage angst about who she loved, and loved not, though the character is supposed to be mid twenties.

There are lots of really good cheap kindle books out there written by little or unknown authors, this is not one of them!

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better, 22 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Craved (The Gwen Sparks Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
The writing style of this book is fairly immature, but its easy to read. There are almost too many characters to keep track of (and when you read the second book, you wonder why some were included as they aren't mentioned again!) There are inconsistencies throughout such as the timelines between Micah, Gwen and Aiden. There are also missing words from sentences, grammar errors and poor punctuation. To me, this suggests the book wasn't edited well, or possibly at all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 29 Dec. 2014
Lynsey B "Ditzy Gamer" (England, near Liverpool) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Craved (The Gwen Sparks Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Ok I read this book thinking it would be an okay read, I was wrong it was brilliant. I can understand some of the bad reviews because it does read as a teenage novel with a few saucy scenes threw into the mix. But even though the main character seemed a little emotionally immature, I found myself warming to her. I really loved this book, so if you like the idea of a small town that houses lots of different fae creatures, with some pretty cool action and magic scenes thrown in then give it a try!!! (Well worth the money & 5 stars!!) :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Craved, 10 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Craved (The Gwen Sparks Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I was pointed in the direction of this book recently. It took me a few days to get through it but I finally finished it.

It was a good book and a fairly strong story line. Characters were believable but I found their interactions a little contrived at times.

However, I enjoyed this book and will have to follow it up to.satisfy my curiosity.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 1 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Craved (The Gwen Sparks Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Liked it as its a little different to what the vampires and witch stories are about.

Good read all in all and ok for a freebie.

3.0 out of 5 stars meh, 6 Sept. 2013
2.5
I think the most I can say for this one is 'Meh.' I didn't hate it, but I wasn't really all that impressed either. I was expecting to like it too, since it has so many great reviews. But I found myself irritated and confused more often than not.

To begin with, Gwen got on my nerves from the very first page. Her whole 'he broke my heart' spiel was like a broken record. Then when it came out that this relationship that ended, broke her heart and left her so bereft she was unable/unwilling to open herself and love again had only lasted 8 months, I just pretty much said a mental 'pishaw.' Overreaction anyone?

Then there was the fact that Nelson set up magical rules, but didn't seem to follow them. Why don't Gwen and Aiden have a blood bond if Gwen's same interactions with Ian resulted in one? How did removing Gwen's magic from Aiden break his addiction if he was addicted before he encountered her magic to begin with? If Gwen had certain magical abilities, how come she occasionally managed to do things she shouldn't have been able to do? I realise some of this was the development of a new talent, but why was it suddenly popping up?

Then there was the whole premise of witches' blood being addictive. I have a really, really hard time figuring out how this small fact has remained unknown for all eternity. Seems to me that at some point some vampire would have gotten his/her hand on a witch and gone 'oh yeah, that's some good stuff right there.' So the whole plot of this 'new drug' seemed implausible at best.

Then there were the pitiful sex scenes. They were all really, really rushed--some no more than two or three paragraphs and there was very little detail...or for-play. Which was apparently OK because Gwen can, enviably, orgasm at the drop of a hat. (Not to mention the characters odd tendency to hop to it while in otherwise dangerous situations.)

I noticed a few editorial errors and the book was in first person, which I generally dislike. But I admit that the writing was pretty good. And though Aiden often appeared weak, I did really like how much he loved Gwen. Many of the issues I've highlighted as annoyances for me might not irk other readers. So, this might just be a case of the right reader for the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG, 23 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Craved (The Gwen Sparks Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I am so glad this book is not the dramatic death or endless crying type. I wouldn't recommend this book to any one who is a twilight fan craze.

5.0 out of 5 stars brill, 17 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Craved (The Gwen Sparks Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
great delivery fast and to the point love the way you don't have to wait days great seller again thanks:)

4.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Craved (The Gwen Sparks Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
A really good story line I couldn't put this book down. Would recommend that everybody reads this. Onto book two.

4.0 out of 5 stars Craved, 24 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Craved (The Gwen Sparks Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I'm not quite sure why this book has so many negative reviews. No, it's not perfect and yes, there are grammatical and spelling errors BUT it is not one of the worst that I have read for free by far.

This, for me, was a perfect coffee break book. It was enjoyable but I could put it down. Comments have been made about timeline errors but I wasn't actually gripped enough to notice. I just took everything at face value and accepted it. Perhaps that is my bad but at least I could read and enjoy rather than having angst about the errors. If the second book ever becomes free then I will get it and read it very happily. Will I buy it? Not when I have so many other books to read first.

Craved (The Gwen Sparks Series Book 1)