5.0 out of 5 stars Pure fantasy!
This is pure fantasy, and immediately plunges you into a world of elves and magic - although our heroine, Frey, cannot work magic, and is shunned by her community. Frey's home life is equally dismal, as Aunt Fanny, a reluctant guardian, makes it clear her niece is an unwanted burden.

The story opens with Frey's accidental discovery that she can work magic,...
Published 21 months ago by Londoner

3.0 out of 5 stars Confusing
To be quite honest I'm not sure I understood this book. The plot seemed a little too full and I found myself confused over what had happened. I know that some of this is partly due to occurrences with the plot (without giving too much away, Alfreda has her memories blocked) but as a reader I would have liked a bit more clarity over what was happening.
And the...
Published 22 months ago by K Flanaghan

3.0 out of 5 stars Confusing, 2 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Frey (The Frey Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
And the ending....I know that cliffhangers are a good story telling device, but this one made no sense to me. Again I was left wondering if I had missed something.
Overall I don't think I will be getting the rest in the series as I think I would only end up more confused than I am now.

3.0 out of 5 stars Frey, 24 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Frey (The Frey Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
A difficult book to review. While I enjoyed the storyline in the book I felt throughout that it was holding back. There could have been more story development, more character development, more action, more ...
Freya has been bound by the elf council. She initially doesn't know this and just sees herself as a useless elf, and the ridicule of the village where she is being brought up by her aunt. Her aunt is a rather unhappy nasty drunk who adds to her unhappy life. Something happens that changes things and the story takes us in a journey where we discovered who Frey is. An good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure fantasy!, 7 July 2013
This review is from: Frey (The Frey Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

The story opens with Frey's accidental discovery that she can work magic, although her first real spell is devastating and almost fatal. Frey's tutor and mentor, the one person she trusts, becomes suddenly secretive - then a stranger arrives in the village.

Mystery, sorcery, and danger - discovering who your true friends are, and discovering more about who you really are - a great introduction to the 'Frey' series.

Having thoroughly enjoyed the first in series, I'm delighted there are many more adventures to catch up with. I've already downloaded the next, and it's at the top of my "books to be read" pile. Very pleased to have discovered the world of Ms. Wright!

3.0 out of 5 stars Confusing, 6 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Frey (The Frey Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Hmm I couldn't really get my head around this book, and kept wondering what's going on? To be honest I don't even know why I kept reading it but I did!! It was so strange that I kept me turning the page untill the end of the book when it all came
Together even then bits were missed out it just jumps from one thing to the next!! I don't think I will bother with the others as I found it hard work.

3.0 out of 5 stars wanted to rate higher, but something was missing..., 19 July 2012
This review is from: Frey (The Frey Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This is kind of hard to review because I loved the story and the magical elements but I wanted MORE to happen, more description, more personality from the characters, more plot (which I really like the idea of. A seemingly powerful girl bound from doing magic with a history she does not remember)and more understanding of what was going on.

After a few pages I was not sure I was going to enjoy the book, but as the story opened up I began to like a few of the characters and the training/travelling scenes. I felt that Chevelle lacked personality but I enjoyed the odd flicker of romance between him and Frey, I thought Ruby was enjoyable and would love to see her open up to be more than a little trickster and Steed was fun!

I have to admit, in places I was not sure what was going on, who was attacking who, and why. But I will continue to read the next book in hopes of the plot becoming deeper and learn more about the chracters and will hopefully be able to give it 4/5 stars.

I really wanted to give Frey 4 stars but too much was missing, and some areas were lacking....something

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good! (:, 16 July 2012
This review is from: Frey (Paperback)
I found this book on kindle and thought I would give it a try! Some parts of the story I had to re-read but it's still a brilliant story-line, I wish I came up with it! I enjoyed it so much I bought the second. This is a great read and I'd defiantly advise anyone to read this. Brilliant! C:

From,

Xo-Lolipop-oX

3.0 out of 5 stars Was a good read, but it didn't quiet suck you all ..., 18 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Frey (The Frey Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Was a good read, but it didn't quiet suck you all the way in. You didn't feel 100% connected with the main character, which made it slightly confusing when she did out of character things. It didn't feel out of character, even though it was for that persona of a person she was at the start. Good ideas, good book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy read, 5 Jun. 2014
P. Hackett "book city" (leicestershire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Frey (The Frey Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyable fantasy without too much complication. On book three, still getting enjoyment from the series. Would recommend to Fantasy readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, 15 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Frey (The Frey Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This is a fantastic story that is full of magic, fantasy, action and the starting of a great romance. I enjoyed the audience being as out of the loop as the character of Frey, and understanding more of the back-story with her. Definitely worth a read! High hopes for the rest of the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good start, 14 July 2012
This review is from: Frey (The Frey Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I found this an interesting and gripping read for a fantasy novel. It had a lot of promise in character development and story line. I enjoyed it so much I could not wait to read the sequel. And thereby hangs another story. Please see my review of the second in the series.

Frey (The Frey Saga Book 1)
Frey (The Frey Saga Book 1) by Melissa Wright