4.7 out of 5 stars10,568

on 11 April 2012
My seventeen year old daughter persuaded me to read the Hunger Games. I was not sure, given the synopsis. However, I downloaded the first book and after a few pages I was hooked. I read all three books over the Easter Holidays and now need to see the first film. I should add that I am 49 years old and this is not my usual reading type material, but the way the characters develop and the utter desperation of their world kept me reading. I recommend all three books and defy anyone not to finish all three!
on 30 December 2014
I read this straight after the first two novels in the trilogy. It wasn't initially as gripping as they had been but got more so as it progressed. I liked the way that the reader is kept guessing about the characters, whose side they are on, what will happen to them and how the story will we eventually end. You can't not read this after reading the other two. It does bring the story to a conclusion. I really enjoyed this trilogy - now hoping to find something else to read which will keep me as gripped!
on 5 May 2014
I ordered this as a gift for my boyfriend, since he loved the 1st movie I though it would be nice for him to have the books as well.
He loved it (and so did I! ), the box set is nice and the books themselves, well... that woman sure knows how to write!
Gripping story, cannot stop reading! Such a page-turner, and it was a gift for my boyfriend but I ended up reading it myself too!
I cannot stress this enough: GOOD BOOKS IS THE BEST WAY TO SPEND YOUR MONEY!!
Loved every single page :)
on 23 November 2013
In all honesty this trilogy is most definitely a must to read. It's easy to read and you instantly fall into the book almost feeling like you're a citizen of Panem through it's in depth descriptive passages and the ability for it to become so easy to follow. I now definitely understand why this has been created into a film and do wish to now that I have completed the trilogy will go and see the adaptations. As a leaving note I would like to wish Katniss the very best in her future life with her family.
on 4 November 2013
Everyone says the ending is poorly conceived, very bad, etc etc etc. Although the ending is a bit disappointing, it's still very good so don't hesitate to buy this book. A good way to finish the trilogy. I enjoyed it a lot and there is no reason for me to not read this again. Like the other books, Mockingjay is very enjoyable to read and the epilogue is one you don't want to miss. It almost sums up the book in a way: it's very sweet and answers the question we all want to know. Who does Katniss choose?
on 7 February 2012
I can not recommend this book enough! I'm not one for being stuck into a book that I can't put down, but this one did the opposite! Suzanne leaves us on a cliff hanger at the end of each chapter and you just have to keep reading on!

Each chapter is unique with something different happening. I can't wait to read the next two as well! But if you seriously want something to keep you entertained - then this series is for you! I didn't want it to end!

Buy the Hunger Games! You will not regret it one bit!!
on 10 January 2014
Amazon's part of delivery and quality of the product was fantastic no problems there but it was the book itself I didn't like. The trilogy got progressively worse with each book but this one was really awful. The plot line was in places too rushed and often was hard to understand or just didn't make sense. It's such a shame because I loved the first book and the second wasn't too bad but I just couldn't stand this one (especially the typically cheesy ending just didn't fit with the rest of the books).
on 15 July 2013
These books were amazing, all three, picking a favourite is like trying to pick your favourite child,impossible, because they're all so amazing and unique in their own way. By the end of the each book I felt so sympathetic and empathised with katniss' character SO much, she's been through so much. At the last maybe 5 or so pages of the last book I was sobbing my eyes out, I wasn't too happy with the ending, but overall I loved it, the ending was just a bit too depressing but romantic at the same time.
on 31 August 2011
Ok I know this series is aimed at the younger readers but I wanted to check out what all the fuss was about before the film gets released next March. (I heard Lenny Kravitz was going to play 'Cinna').
Yes the dystopian future setting seems a bit familiar (Stephen King's 'The Running Man' springs to mind) - but apart from that it's a pretty original story and definitely keeps you turning the pages.
I have to say I was quite impressed, and I look forward to reading the next 2 books in the series.
on 4 April 2016
The Hunger Games series is one of the most fascinating and easily binge-able book series from the past decade.
I would recommend everyone take even a cursory glance over the first novel and explore the themes of political corruption, communal solidarity and extreme reality television - themes that can very well be applied to our own day-to-day lives here in the 21st century.
Filled with compelling characters and heart-thumping action scenes, this trilogy is spectacular from start to finish.