5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful
Published on 24 May 2012 by Nemesis

3.0 out of 5 stars A good read
This is a good read but it did make me wonder whether to carry on with the rest of the series. The trouble is, it sometimes lacks excitement in terms of story-line. The characters are good but I wanted more magic and colour from the language to give it pace. I probably will read the rest and I will enjoy them but I do hope they go on to read a little less like a family...
Published 15 months ago by Izzy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 24 May 2012
This review is from: A Hidden Witch (A Modern Witch Series: Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I first downloaded Debra Geary's Book 1 of the Witches Torchlight series. I downloaded because it was so cheap! I had no expectations that it would necessarily be either well written or engaging. The book turned out to be both. Since then I've read all six of Geary's books including the Hidden Witch - that explores women finding their power, exploring family, love and support. The only problem is that I wish Ms Geary could write a little quicker! Just wonderful - read this book and literally weep.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Hidden Witch = a must to be read, 12 Feb 2012
Yet another excellent book by Debora Geary. This superb story weaves around family life, a little romance and of course witches. I could not put it down. I loved the fact that the characters continued on from the earlier books - they were like old friends moving on in life. A book you must read!A Hidden Witch (A Modern Witch Series: Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 8 July 2012
I again thoroughly enjoyed this book (have already read it twice). Any book that makes you want to laugh and cry with the characters is a must read to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel good story, 20 Jan 2012
Another truly enjoyable read by Deborah Geary, I love all the charactors and how they run through all 3 books I have read so far (looking forward to the next novel we have been promised early this year). If you want a book that includes magic, is an easy read that you don't want to end, that promotes community values and will make you laugh and smile as you read it this is the book for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 12 Dec 2011
I enjoyed this book as well as others by this author. I adore the little boy (my fav character) and excellent character to have to help get nervous new characters to accept the other adult witches. Its a light, uncomplicated read centred around family and community. Really enjoyed it!

5.0 out of 5 stars techno witches!, 17 Nov 2011
this book was every bit as good as the first. once again Debora writes a real spellbinding story which I couldnt put down, making it seem plausible that there would be witches in the 21st century and perhaps you could be one! In this book we concentrate on some other members of the witching community but JAmie and Lauren are never far away. It is all about a new power source and how to use it. A great read, thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic at its Best Contiues, 30 Oct 2011
Mrs. C. Hughes "chez" (Wales,UK) - See all my reviews
Another gem avidly devoured by myself and daughter,it just gets better ,real belly laughs that startled the cat and husband and floods of tears a book that truly knows how to move you ,a tale of lost hope found,but not in a way you would expect,a story about not giving up as you never know whats round the next corner.Supernatural gifts for today's technology. Suitable for all ages

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth the read, 25 Jun 2014
Good comfortable books to read, good flow, fun story, enjoyable characterisation. I got book 2 straight away and will now get book 3.

2.0 out of 5 stars boring, 9 Mar 2014
Boring... there is not much as all happening. Everything is nice, but nothing is great, and I just forced myself to read it to the end. Characters are nice, but there's no depth to them. Story is nice, but nothing exciting at all. I won't continue reading the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars different and fun, 31 Dec 2013
Have read all of the "a modern witch" series, and several of the "which Central series", and a few add on's. These stories and tails are inspiring, fresh, fun, loving, hopeful, and just a great read, A little bit of apprehension added to give a few heart stopping moments, which just adds to the story telling. These stories are suitable for both teenage and old age readers alike.
I thoroughly recommend this author, for when you are drained from all those heavy and meaningful books. Very Refreshing

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›