5.0 out of 5 stars Great cable, superb value for money!
Published 13 months ago by M. E. Brooks

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
performance fine, price too high!
Published 1 month ago by Phaethon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cable, superb value for money!, 9 July 2013
M. E. Brooks (Bucks, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 10m Quality 2 x 2.5mm² Loud Speaker Cable - Multi-Strand 432 (2x 216 Strand) by electrosmart® - Outside Dimensions of Cable: 7.5mm x 3.6mm - 14 AWG - 25A Max - Ideal for Car Audio & Home HiFi (Electronics)
I was originally going to extend the existing speaker cables to suit my new hifi and speakers but, after buying 2m of 42-strand cable on eBay for 99p/metre and finding it was only a short step up from bell wire (it looked much thicker in the picture!), I decided to scrap all the cables and start again with this 216-strand cable. On arrival, I was impressed at how thick it was.
Initially, I was concerned about one review saying it consisted of copper-plated steel. In my many years of experience with electrical appliances, I have never come across copper-plated steel cable being used for wiring, so I treated this review as being somewhat dubious. I am not sure how the reviewer came to this conclusion but I have stripped the insulation from a small part of the cable and applied a strong magnet. The cores are not in the slightest bit magnetic. The only steel that is non-magnetic is austenitic stainless steel. It would be difficult to extrude this down to the very fine core size in this cable and would probably be more expensive than the copper it was attempting to replace, hence I think we can dismiss the claim that the cable has a steel core. This is definitely copper cable. It is not claimed to be oxygen-free but, personally, I doubt if the average hifi owner would be able to tell the difference between similar cables with one OFC and the other not. I also have my doubts about the cable making a real, noticeable improvement in the reproduction to someone with average ears, unless possibly used to replace very thin bell wire. However, as I am using this cable for a new hifi setup (Denon DF109DABC + Dali Zensor 1 bookshelf speakers with Yamaha subwoofer), I won't have a new versus old cable comparison to check for myself, although my existing cables are significantly better than bell wire, so the difference would be less noticeable.
This cable is well made, with one core having a blue stripe for polarity identification, and I expect good results with it when I install the new hifi at the weekend. At less than £1/metre (same price as some 42-strand cables sold elsewhere), it's a steal! Only problem is I can't give it 6 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars improved sound, 3 Feb 2012
This wire made a real difference to the sound from the speakers. The only problem with it is that it is so thick that it is difficult to hide and put under carpet.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10m Loud Speaker Cable, 24 Sep 2011
This speaker cable has brought new life to a 40 year old hi-fi system. The 10 metre length was perfect for my needs. The improvement in sound quality over the old bell wire is astonishing.

Delivery was quick and the packaging just right. This is a good value product that exceeded my expectations and I would happily make this purchase again if I need more speaker cable in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality cable, 17 Feb 2013
Is a quick thick cable which sounds incredible good on my hi-fi. Also it has marked one of the cable's side which make easier to install on any equipment.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 10 Jun 2012
I just bought myself a set of Tannoy Mercury V1 speakers (very nice) and wanted some good quality cable to go with it, there is NO point buying a decent amp and speaker package if your gonna use bell wire to run your new speakers. This cable is what you need, thick 216 strands per side (432 in total), thicker insulation than normal cables which is what you want and a discreet blue line running down one side for ease of polarity connection. The sound from my Tannoy's is stunning compared to cheap cables which i tried as an experiment, if you have a good hi-fi set up and you want a great sound from it get this cable, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality !, 30 Jan 2012
I wish I'd bought something like this 20 years ago.I have been listening to a decent spec hi-fi for a long time....never realising that the cables make such a difference to the sound.
It sounds so much cleaner with heavier cable, less muddy when you turn the volume up.
This is a great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Serious L/S cable, 18 Feb 2013
Hefty wire that helped deliver an improvement. Been using bell-wire since my impoverished student days, and had not appreciated the extra quality that good cable can contribute.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 2 May 2013
Robert Groom (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Perfectly good quality speaker cable for the price, and great for my cinema surround sound speakers.

For large Hifi speakers, I'd perhaps recommend something a little more substantial, if only because it will fit more snugly in the speaker terminals, but I see absolutely no point in spending the Earth on speaker cable, even though What Hifi will no doubt have you believe otherwise. Scientific tests have been carried out using low quality, thin speaker cable and found it to be no less effective than the silver plated Audiophile stuff costing many times more for transmitting the frequencies audible by the human ear over even very long distances.

According to my multimeter, it measures 0.03 ohms along a 10 metre length - that's 0.003 ohms per metre, proving to my mind that it is genuine copper and not copper plated steel or some such nonsense.

It has a blue stripe down one conductor to indicate polarity, and the transparent PVC jacket is suitably flexible (though not as flexible as silicone jacketed cable).

Just the job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice heavy soft cable, 8 Nov 2013
I am not a cable nerd but this seems fine, sounds nice with my setup (90s Denon amp, Tannoy bookshelf speakers). Nice and heavy cable, with lots of tiny thin copper threads inside which are a bit fiddly to connect up but presumably make for a good connection.

Not suitable for use without banana plugs or similar.. trying to just screw the cable directly onto posts is a pain in the bum.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get connected, 23 Jun 2013
Quality cable for a quality sound. Ideal surround sound cable despite its size if you want superb results. Highly reccomended