5.0 out of 5 stars A Rollercoaster Ride to Hell......Gripping stuff
Published on 29 July 2011 by Crystal Tiger

3.0 out of 5 stars Gripping but not perfect
I find it difficult to rate this book. Given that it is free, it far exceeded my expectations but it isn't perfect.

Published on 7 Jun. 2012 by ADVB69

5.0 out of 5 stars A Rollercoaster Ride to Hell......Gripping stuff, 29 July 2011
This review is from: The 9th Fortress (Kindle Edition)
l thoroughly enjoyed this book, l was totally engrossed from the first chapter. As the story unfolded l found myself being drawn further and further into it. The Characters though all very different were so believable. The obstacles, trials and tribulations they encountered had me on the edge of my seat at times. Had it been a movie l'd either be shouting RUN or hiding behind a cushion.lf you enjoy non stop action with demons, monsters and the likes thrown in this is the read for you....not quite a FAIRY TALE more a SCARY TALE.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic summer escape, 27 July 2011
This review is from: The 9th Fortress (Kindle Edition)
Each summer I look for a book that can drag me out of reality and into another world. I'm only on chapter six but this book is doing that for me. I can forget all about my work and let myself slide into this adventure story, where the characters face terrible and sometimes gruesome challenges and decisions. The stoic character of the samurai warrior is the kind of person you want to follow, just to see what he will do next. I'm looking forward to seeing where the adventure takes me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking read!, 22 Mar. 2013
Mr. David C. Baxter (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 9th Fortress (Kindle Edition)
This is a really good book and am hoping is made into a movie, it was so easy visualising the scenes because of the way they are described by the author.

Well recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Gripping but not perfect, 7 Jun. 2012
This review is from: The 9th Fortress (Kindle Edition)

Firstly, the good points. The plot is very inventive and has a very novel take on the afterlife. (I suspect that a lot of the negative emails that were apparently sent to the author were from people who didn't like their own beliefs challenged.) That is a pity - imagination should be encouraged! Characterisation was generally good and the main characters all developed throughout the book in a realistic and engaging way.

However, there were a lot of spelling errors and typos. I'm rubbish at spelling but even I got worn down by this eventually. So one star off for this.

The book was also a little long. On a few occasions, the pace faltered and some scenes and episodes were too long, although they always picked up before I lost interest. Similarly, the writing style needs to be more polished and some of the descriptive passages didn't work (for me). I always wanted to know how the book finished but, at times, not always what was on the next page. So I've taken another star off for all of this.

I do feel a bit mean giving a free book just 3 stars but I don't think that the author has fulfilled his full potential yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 22 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The 9th Fortress (Kindle Edition)
This was an amazing well written fantasy tale, filled to overflowing with adventure steeped within a glorious imagination...I loved it!

Daniel has a mission, one so surprising, intriguing and unusual that the reader is swept at once into a tale of profound energy and fantastical adventure.

The stretch of the imagination is wondrous as we follow this astonishing and arduous journey, where distinctive characters are embroiled in beautifully described situations set within strange and alien lands.

I won't give spoilers so it's not easy to say much more, however, for those who love unusual fantasy stories with themes such as loss, love, murder and redemption, this is definitely for you.

Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hell & Back, 18 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The 9th Fortress (Kindle Edition)
Daniel dies and goes to gods waiting area; there he meets Missy his life support. Before he can enter god’s realm he has to go to hell and the 9TH fortress to rescue a prisoner from cell 2020, he has the help of a samurai called Kat to protect him. From the start he meets and interacts with famous and infamous people long dead. I’m not sure what to make of this story to be honest with you? I found it to be part myth, part horror, and part love story. I suppose the main problem was the amount of well-known people that he runs into along the way in a world full of the dead. The ending of the book leaves it open for a sequel? Not for me I’m sorry to say only three stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars To hell and back., 13 April 2013
This review is from: The 9th Fortress (Kindle Edition)
This is the first JP Jackson novel I've read. Enjoyable read although sometimes I felt it dragged on a little. Don't want to be too critical however I would recommend it.3/5.

5.0 out of 5 stars The 9th Fortress, 10 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The 9th Fortress (Kindle Edition)
Love all the twists and turns in this book great story telling. A page turning adventure of brilliant terrifying characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 5 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The 9th Fortress (Kindle Edition)
This guy will give Terry Pratchett a run for his money... |I am hoping that there is a sequel.. I found this highly entertaining, funny, sad, thought provoking and downright brilliant...

5.0 out of 5 stars the 9th fortress, 3 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The 9th Fortress (Kindle Edition)
Very good book, hard to put down, quite gory in parts so did skip small bits, never the less very good.

The 9th Fortress