Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 29 July 2011
l thoroughly enjoyed this book, l was totally engrossed from the first chapter. As the story unfolded l found myself being drawn further and further into it. The Characters though all very different were so believable. The obstacles, trials and tribulations they encountered had me on the edge of my seat at times. Had it been a movie l'd either be shouting RUN or hiding behind a cushion.lf you enjoy non stop action with demons, monsters and the likes thrown in this is the read for you....not quite a FAIRY TALE more a SCARY TALE.
on 27 July 2011
Each summer I look for a book that can drag me out of reality and into another world. I'm only on chapter six but this book is doing that for me. I can forget all about my work and let myself slide into this adventure story, where the characters face terrible and sometimes gruesome challenges and decisions. The stoic character of the samurai warrior is the kind of person you want to follow, just to see what he will do next. I'm looking forward to seeing where the adventure takes me.
on 7 June 2012
I find it difficult to rate this book. Given that it is free, it far exceeded my expectations but it isn't perfect.

Firstly, the good points. The plot is very inventive and has a very novel take on the afterlife. (I suspect that a lot of the negative emails that were apparently sent to the author were from people who didn't like their own beliefs challenged.) That is a pity - imagination should be encouraged! Characterisation was generally good and the main characters all developed throughout the book in a realistic and engaging way.

However, there were a lot of spelling errors and typos. I'm rubbish at spelling but even I got worn down by this eventually. So one star off for this.

The book was also a little long. On a few occasions, the pace faltered and some scenes and episodes were too long, although they always picked up before I lost interest. Similarly, the writing style needs to be more polished and some of the descriptive passages didn't work (for me). I always wanted to know how the book finished but, at times, not always what was on the next page. So I've taken another star off for all of this.

I do feel a bit mean giving a free book just 3 stars but I don't think that the author has fulfilled his full potential yet.
on 22 March 2013
This is a really good book and am hoping is made into a movie, it was so easy visualising the scenes because of the way they are described by the author.

Well recommended.
on 23 March 2013
Wasn't sure what to expect from a freebie but I gave it a go, and man am i happy i did! Yes there are laughable typos, but so what! Anyone who is put off by typos is too pedantic for words! The story gripped me right from the beginning to the end, it was amazingly imaginative, and the description of hell was so vivid i could see it, not many writers can give their readers such fantastic imagery whilst still keeping the reader engaged in the plot. The characters were totally believable, human with human faults, and the writing made you feel for them and the trials and tribulations they had to face!. All in all I really enjoyed the story, it's highs and lows, and unlike some others I've read, it came to a very satisfying conclusion. Personally I can't wait to read the author's next book! Try it, if you like great fantasy you won't be sorry, what have you got to lose?
on 12 August 2012
This book was definately not what I was expecting. If you were to read a short bio about each of the characters, you would never expect them to be in the same story together. It's a complete and utter mishmash, but Jackson makes it work so incredibly well and I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book as the characters brought the story to another level.

I also have to say, I couldn't work out what was going to happen at the end at any point. Every new twist and turn was a shock for me and it all works brilliantly!

I found myself hooked and couldn't put it down. It really is well written, apart from a couple of minor spelling mistakes but this didn't really bother me or affect the reading experience. I do recommend this if you want something good to read and it is a shame there is no sequel!
on 30 July 2013
I bought this book via Kindle for 66p and was absolutely shocked by how amazing this book was and the price of it... ...I will definitely pay more for the next book. The book grips you from the very first paragraph and continues to draw you into a world that becomes highly imaginable, and probably, in anticipation of. A guy dies, he is sent to a realm that is not heaven, but, not hell either; he goes on a heart felt, hazardless quest to hell with a kickass miserable samurai to rescue who knows what, albeit, you could hazard a good guess and then ends with my tears on my pillow. I had one annoyance... ....the grammar/typos, however, I would not knock a star off for this, as I feel a story is all about how it makes you feel, draws you in and possibly convinces you of its existence, so, top marks!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This was an amazing well written fantasy tale, filled to overflowing with adventure steeped within a glorious imagination...I loved it!

Daniel has a mission, one so surprising, intriguing and unusual that the reader is swept at once into a tale of profound energy and fantastical adventure.

The stretch of the imagination is wondrous as we follow this astonishing and arduous journey, where distinctive characters are embroiled in beautifully described situations set within strange and alien lands.

I won't give spoilers so it's not easy to say much more, however, for those who love unusual fantasy stories with themes such as loss, love, murder and redemption, this is definitely for you.

Highly recommended.
on 7 January 2013
This book has been a real page turner, and fantastic read. With different characters joining the quest and the feats and dangers they endure, the bond, companionship and intensifying support they give to each other through their perilous adventures makes you feel part of that perilous adventure. Through their trials, tribulations, fears, hopelessness and battles you are desperately wanting these heroes to succeed, vanquish and return safely to heaven. This book is fast paced and addictive straight from chapter one and will keep you on the edge of your bed or chair cheering these individuals on to the rip roaring end. A book highly recommended if you like adventure, heroism, love, thriller and heroes all rolled into one.
on 18 March 2015
Daniel dies and goes to gods waiting area; there he meets Missy his life support.

Before he can enter god’s realm he has to go to hell and the 9TH fortress to rescue a prisoner from cell 2020, he has the help of a samurai called Kat to protect him.

From the start he meets and interacts with famous and infamous people long dead. I’m not sure what to make of this story to be honest with you? I found it to be part myth, part horror, and part love story.

I suppose the main problem was the amount of well-known people that he runs into along the way in a world full of the dead. The ending of the book leaves it open for a sequel? Not for me I’m sorry to say only three stars.