5.0 out of 5 stars A Rollercoaster Ride to Hell......Gripping stuff
Published on 29 July 2011 by Crystal Tiger

3.0 out of 5 stars Gripping but not perfect
I find it difficult to rate this book. Given that it is free, it far exceeded my expectations but it isn't perfect.

Published on 7 Jun 2012 by ADVB69

5.0 out of 5 stars A Rollercoaster Ride to Hell......Gripping stuff, 29 July 2011
This review is from: The 9th Fortress (Kindle Edition)
l thoroughly enjoyed this book, l was totally engrossed from the first chapter. As the story unfolded l found myself being drawn further and further into it. The Characters though all very different were so believable. The obstacles, trials and tribulations they encountered had me on the edge of my seat at times. Had it been a movie l'd either be shouting RUN or hiding behind a cushion.lf you enjoy non stop action with demons, monsters and the likes thrown in this is the read for you....not quite a FAIRY TALE more a SCARY TALE.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic summer escape, 27 July 2011
This review is from: The 9th Fortress (Kindle Edition)
Each summer I look for a book that can drag me out of reality and into another world. I'm only on chapter six but this book is doing that for me. I can forget all about my work and let myself slide into this adventure story, where the characters face terrible and sometimes gruesome challenges and decisions. The stoic character of the samurai warrior is the kind of person you want to follow, just to see what he will do next. I'm looking forward to seeing where the adventure takes me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking read!, 22 Mar 2013
Mr. David C. Baxter (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 9th Fortress (Kindle Edition)
This is a really good book and am hoping is made into a movie, it was so easy visualising the scenes because of the way they are described by the author.

Well recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Gripping but not perfect, 7 Jun 2012
This review is from: The 9th Fortress (Kindle Edition)

Firstly, the good points. The plot is very inventive and has a very novel take on the afterlife. (I suspect that a lot of the negative emails that were apparently sent to the author were from people who didn't like their own beliefs challenged.) That is a pity - imagination should be encouraged! Characterisation was generally good and the main characters all developed throughout the book in a realistic and engaging way.

However, there were a lot of spelling errors and typos. I'm rubbish at spelling but even I got worn down by this eventually. So one star off for this.

The book was also a little long. On a few occasions, the pace faltered and some scenes and episodes were too long, although they always picked up before I lost interest. Similarly, the writing style needs to be more polished and some of the descriptive passages didn't work (for me). I always wanted to know how the book finished but, at times, not always what was on the next page. So I've taken another star off for all of this.

I do feel a bit mean giving a free book just 3 stars but I don't think that the author has fulfilled his full potential yet.

3.0 out of 5 stars Book, 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: The 9th Fortress (Kindle Edition)
Good book, exciting cover to cover read delivered easily to my kindle and was a magnificent read and I'd recommend to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars The 9th Fortress, 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: The 9th Fortress (Kindle Edition)
Love all the twists and turns in this book great story telling. A page turning adventure of brilliant terrifying characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: The 9th Fortress (Kindle Edition)
This guy will give Terry Pratchett a run for his money... |I am hoping that there is a sequel.. I found this highly entertaining, funny, sad, thought provoking and downright brilliant...

5.0 out of 5 stars the 9th fortress, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: The 9th Fortress (Kindle Edition)
Very good book, hard to put down, quite gory in parts so did skip small bits, never the less very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars The 9th Fortress [Kindle Edition], 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: The 9th Fortress (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this book. Was not sure at first as I forgot why I brought it, but I was glad I did. A great story which kept me on the edge of my seat. When you think it is all over, the Sh&% hits the fan for our heroes again, right to the end. Well worth a read. A good 5 out of 5 read.

5.0 out of 5 stars 9th fort, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: The 9th Fortress (Kindle Edition)
Very good read, great characters and imaginative. One or two grammar and spelling issues (could be down to the format) ,but this does not detract from a entertaining book. Highly recommended.

The 9th Fortress