5.0 out of 5 stars Sadly, it's goodbye to John Porter but....
.....if you rate this new show after only seeing the first episode (or even only the first 15 minutes) before switching it off in disgust, then you're missing something. The first Strike Back, as poster JackB says, was a fine series, and I'm sure that many people sat down to watch this because of Richard Armitage who gave us such a memorable character in John Porter...
Published on 29 Aug. 2011 by JD

3.0 out of 5 stars I purchased this with the box set, not realising ...
I purchased this with the box set, not realising that it was actually part of the set, so it was returned
Published 8 months ago by Dreamboat

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It's About Time!, 25 Nov. 2011
Joseph Kohout Jr. "The Art of War" (NJ, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Strike Back: Project Dawn [DVD] (DVD)
24 off the air! The Border off the air! Spooks in the final season! Caught Strike Back on Cinemax and it is great to watch a series with a budget that is not hampered by US censors. Violence galore, nudity and a very interesting plot. Strike Back may not have the complexity of Spooks, though with much more in your violence, it is like 24 on steroids with some of the witty dialogue reminiscent of the last 2 seasons of The Border. As this is done in a serial format, watching in a few sittings would be like really long non stop action movie. Highly recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars POOR SHOW, 17 April 2014
Michael Wilden (denmark) - See all my reviews
Poor show, thats all I have to say on this one. Its the plot, It just did,t catch me at all. I though series one was great. But this just seems to fall through

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate force on steroids, 29 Aug. 2012
This series won't be to everyone's taste but it's a nice change from the kitchen sink dramas set in manchester etc that are all over the tv these days. More sex and violence than series one it really is a bit of escapist, boys own adventure. Looking forward to series 3.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as first series, 16 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Strike Back: Project Dawn [DVD] (DVD)
This was bought for someone else who tells me first series was better. she likes Richard Armitage and he is not in this series much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Strike back.Project dawn, 27 Dec. 2012
Anton Martin (stockholm) - See all my reviews
I really liked the second season. Hopefully the third season will be on bluray.I can only find it on DVD .Anton Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Feb. 2015
great

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Feb. 2015
100%

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought it was brilliant!, 29 May 2012
I read the original Chris Ryan book and thoroughly enjoyed it, so I then watched season one which I also enjoyed. Before buying season two, I hesitated somewhat as there were a number of pretty negative reviews on here. In the end though, I succumbed and bought it. I'm so glad that I did. I thought it was brilliant and it had me hooked from the off. I felt it was a high octane version of Spooks.

For sure, much of the action was a bit far fetched but so what? Would it make sense for the 'heroes' to be killed off after each firefight and then have replacements introduced each time? The criticisms of the 'gratuitous' sex confuses me somewhat, it's an action series which I suspect is aimed at a male audience. 007 always had his fair share of girlfriends without too many complaints. This is more graphic certainly but then the action too, is in a different league.

It get 5 stars from me and I'll be pre-ordering series three when the time comes. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT .. BUT !!, 14 Dec. 2011
Ian J. Drinkwater ""drinky"" (Melbourne Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Strike Back: Project Dawn [DVD] (DVD)
I have just watched "STRIKE BACK 2" compared with series 1, which I think is better, clearer, and more to the point with its action. Series 2, though the story line is longer but good. The two faults are (1) The speaking in many cases is hard to hear and follow (I'm not going deaf) (2) In series 2 the over played sex scenes that does nothing for the story. I see the writers are different in series 2 from series 1 and like wise the producer. I don't understand why they think that these sex scenes will help the story.
Maybe they are living out their own fantasy !!
SEVERAL DAYS LATER ... having now seen the whole of series 2 .. the action is great, I still stand by my earlier remarks. Episode 10 illustrates my point, it flowed very well, and shows that the "weird sex scenes" are not necessary in the making of a great story. There was none in this episode!! Maybe they were too busy with the "story line" ??

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 4 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Strike Back: Project Dawn [DVD] (DVD)
I absolutely loved the first series but the second series is just brilliant! I've been gripped and left wanting more since the first episode. So many episodes as well. We're being spoilt.

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

Strike Back: Project Dawn [DVD]
Strike Back: Project Dawn [DVD] by Philip Winchester (DVD - 2011)