2,454 Reviews
 (1,690)

5.0 out of 5 stars EXTENDED EDITION: BLU-RAY STEEL-BOOK.
As usual with my reviews, I will limit my comments to the product advertised, in this case the steel-book limited edition blu-ray of the extended version of The Hobbit, An Unexpected Journey. Hopefully helping you to make the decision on whether the extended cut of the film is really worth the expenditure, especially if you, like me, already have the theatrical cut. I...
Published 13 months ago by J. Blakemore

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY disappointing
VERY disappointing - long boring battles, any important conversation between characters completely drowned out by the continuous and overpowering music. Stick to the book and create your own pictures in your mind - best way with most books! I`m sure that Tolkien would have absolutely deplored it!
Published 19 days ago by Mrs. P. A. Porter

‹ Previous | 1145 146 147246 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat Disapointed, 13 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (DVD + UV Copy( [2013] (DVD)
I am a big fan of The Lord Of The Rings films and so I was really looking forward to seeing The Hobbit films. However, I have to say that having watched this film, I felt a little bored. Maybe it's because it has been made by Peter Jackson and the same team as TLOTR films, but it feels and looks very similar. There are a few good bit's in it, but overall I felt that I had seen all this before. It didn't feel original enough for me. I hope the remaining two films have a bit more spark about them when they are released !

5.0 out of 5 stars hobbit, 9 Sep 2013
if you like the lord of the rings then you will like this, got funny little bits in it if you have watched the other films then you will understand the funny bits in it .

5.0 out of 5 stars anew series please, 8 Sep 2013
it made a good film and I cant wait for the next instalment even though it stood on its own merits

3.0 out of 5 stars Hobbit, 12 July 2013
I read and thoroughly enjoyed the book - but could not get on with the film and watched only half of it.

3.0 out of 5 stars LORD OF THE RINGS IT AIN'T, 7 July 2013
Maybe expectations were too high. This had big boots to fill and it barely filled one. A fantasy movie yes, but some of the characters were far too stereotype and almost farcical.
This prequel to the Lord Of The Rings failed to deliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Why do I have write something, I want to just give it 5 stars, 4 May 2013
Why do you want me to write something.
It is a good film it should be the book is brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!!!, 20 April 2013
Amazing film a must watch and has to be 3D I would say to anyone to watch this film now....

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic fantasy fun, 20 April 2013
jonathan43 (Lincolnshire, England) - See all my reviews
Sadly I couldn't get to the cinema to see this movie, so it was a long wait till the DVD was released for me. But a wait well worth the waiting. I loved the film from start to finish. The characters lived upto my expectation from reading the book and brought this film to life for me. A lot of the negative reviews say it stretches belief, but surely they realise it is fantasy don't they? Overall it is a very enjoyable film made all the better for being long. Looking forward to seeing the next two.

5.0 out of 5 stars An unexpected joy, 19 April 2013
Alan Ross - See all my reviews
was not expecting much from this...after all it is made from a very small book which was easy to read from which there are 3 films being made. Seemed a bit of a stretch. I am pleased to report this film is very entertaining and I want to see more. Great scenery and battles as well as new characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful anyway but enhanced by 3d, 19 April 2013
Christopher Sedman "chrisrosevilla" (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
I saw this in IMAX 3d and enjoyed the story and the improved clarity of the higher frame rate made it all the better for me.

At home on a good set-up, this is amazing; I enjoyed it even more the second time and the 3d really adds to an already thoroughly entertaining film by making it look so real. It's totally absorbing.

Now what we need is the superb Lord of the Rings trilogy converted to 3d!

‹ Previous | 1145 146 147246 | Next ›