TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 8 December 2011
Having invested in another more modern and up-to-date TomTom, I looked for a case too; we have always kept the others in cases to maintain their great appearance and they are much less likely to be damaged.

This case is excellent for the price. It is not a hard, solid case just robust and firm, providing ample protection for the device, with plenty of space for cables and a few other bits and pieces. New TomToms with the integrated windscreen holder are better because everything is in the same place and there is little tell-tale sign left on the windscreen for any opportunistic thief; however, for some reason, the adhesion/"suckability" seemed to lesson when kept in the case facing a particular way but keeping a small, square piece of plastic in the case to which I loosely attached the sucker, i.e. just pushed the two together, seemed to solve the problem.

At this price, it is a great case, well worth the money and far cheaper than some notable alternatives.
on 3 October 2011
Good quality product, cheap at this price. Takes 5 inch satnav in moulded compartment with charger and other accessories in seperate compartment to avoid scratching the device.
on 2 July 2012
I bought this along with a Tomtom 825 from Amazon. Whilst listed as being suited for the 825, that's not quite the case (sic).

The 825 has an integrated windscreen mount which folds against the back of the screen, this increases the depth of the whole unit so it doesn't fit perfectly in this case. You have to squeeze the case together to close the zip. Once closed there is a fair bit of stress on the zip, I don't know how long the zip would last in regular useage.

Fortunately I replaced the integrated windscreen mount with Tomtom's dash mount kit. The adaptor which comes with this mounting is much thinner than the windscreen mount and the unit now fits perfectly in the case. The case is sufficiently large enough to store the cable and cigar lighter plug along with the sat nav itself, so everything is in one place. It's not small - it has to store a sat nav with a 5" screen after all - it would definitely have to go in a briefcase or large handbag rather than in your coat pocket.
11 comment8 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 September 2011
I needed this for my Tom Tom Go LIve 1005 does the job perfectly a fraction of the price of what you'd pay for the Tom Tom original well finished good quality, quick delivery all round good transaction
on 2 December 2011
This case truly hits the mark. I bought it to protect my TomTom but ended up carrying everything in it including TT. Definitely worth considering if you are looking to protect your TT.
on 14 January 2012
Sat nav fits nicely in moulding, i can only just about close case with car charger inside, as the 825 has the windscreen mount attached.

Good overall size and happy with the quality for the price.

Also very happy with service from gadgetplusuk.
on 11 February 2012
This product is super it is designed very well and offers excellent protection to the satnav a tomtom xxl. I like the fact the screen has extra protection and that you can keep the power leads together in the same box. The outside is quite rigid and would take a fair amount of abuse to effect anything inside. Again this supplier delivered the product very quickly and well packaged. I would recommend this item. The Tomtom protective sleeve which I also have is in my opinion nowhere as good as this product.
on 21 April 2012
This is perfect for my Tom Tom Start 25. Can carry it with ease and even some additional cables to reduce clutter in the glove box.
on 15 June 2012
I bought this case for my 1005 live world edition.

It actually a good case well built and does the job.

However when I got it this morning it smelled like it had been in a fire or was fire damaged stock.
This is why I have it four stars.

Other reviewers moan about it's size but it not too big, maybe if your putting it in a tiny hand bag it might be.
it's also quite light not heavy like other suggest.

One point to note the 1005 screen mount cradle will not fit in the case, the cables do. This didn't bother me as cradle can just sit in the glove box and will only get used when I'm in the car anyways.
on 7 March 2012
A good solid case which will do a good job of storing and protecting TomTom including accessories. Unfortunately the case is too bulky to fit into my mini's glove compartment or to carry around in my day-to-day handbag. On the up side, my husband has taken ownership of it and is more than happy with our purchase. Delivered on time and was well packaged. Would use seller again.