on 29 May 2012
I bought this for my partner who seems very happy with it and it does what it is meant to do so - happy customer :)
on 23 February 2012
Some other reviewers complained that the phone did not sit properly in this and did not make a good contact etc. I've found it is fine. At first you look at it because it is tiny and you'd think it will topple over, but it is quite heavy and has a padded base to stop it slipping. It comes with the charger, is Blackberry logo'd and works as well if not better than the one I used for my Bold 9000. When you put the BB in it, the phone goes into bed-time mode and displays the clock with alarm, and goes 'silent'. It's probably small enough to use when travelling too - especially if you use one of the new 'compact' usb charge-plugs that come with the phone.
on 2 October 2011
I've always ordered a charging dock for my blackberrys. This one in particular is well-built but very sensitive where it connects to charge. I charge at night, so I was disappointed a few times when I woke up to find the phone hasn't charged because the connectors weren't perfectly touching.
on 29 October 2011
First off, even coming from a Torch the battery in this is pretty useless... certainly not good for a day - but I've bought 2 of these pods- one for home, one for work, and just leave my BB resting in one or the other charging, You have to make sure that the points are aligned, but to be honest if it wasn't for there, I'd never leave home without a spare battery, as these are so much simpler than a usb charger. Oh, and they look good- cool green light at the back, and the phone becomes a clock on the pod!
on 2 December 2012
I've been using this dock for over a year and I still misalign the phone to the dock . Its poor relation to the 9700 dock. It always seems to let me down when I need the most. Really frustrating so I tend to use it as a stand but plug in the charging lead now. RIM got it wrong with this phone with the battery life and its dock contacts. It's really down to poor design in the first place. It might look good but it's not that practical at times. To hit and miss for me,
on 9 July 2012
Product arrived on time. I purchased 2 of these charging pods and, quite frankly, it was a complete waste of money. Yes, they look very sleek but they are not in any way functional. It can take up to a minute to drop the phone into the unit before it makes contact. Even when it starts to charge, the slightest movement will stop the charge and you wake up in the morning with a dead phone. They weren't cheap either.

Do not purchase this product.
on 2 November 2011
like many of the reviewers i too found that i didn't get a full charge to my phone for the working day ahead which is a bit of a problem. however it does look good and it does mean i have alot more space on my bedside draws where my previous alarm clock took up half the space. by pluging the cable directly into the phone you can still rest it in the dock, not how it was designed but stops you running out of charge when you need it the most.
on 25 January 2013
It's a small and compact charging dock and it's great for quick charges or to have on your desk.
Interestingly when you answer the phone and it's charging it auotmatically answers using the speakerphone... or at least it does for me, which is an added bonus.
The only downside (a small one), you have to be sure it's dock your BB correctly to ensure the electrical contacts are in the right place!
on 23 March 2012
I was wary of buying the charging dock for my BB9900 after reading the reviews, however I have to say its works perfectly every time, charging my phone every time without any problems. I was worried it would be unstable as the stand appears very shallow, however its safe and sturdy. I like the product so much i have two - one for work and one for home. I would certainly recommend this product.
on 9 February 2013
The pod is stylish but it stops there. As it is so slim it does not hold the phone in place very securely.
You need to make sure that the phone sits squarely in the gap otherwise it does not connect to the pod.
Blackberry could have made this a little deeper so the phone does not tip over by gently touch.
The pod of 9700 was far better - shame that it does not fit the Bold 9900