4.0 out of 5 stars Quality paper
Paper of decent quality, well worth the money.
Would recommend purchase when considering which paper to get, as bottom end (cheap value packs) tend to be too thin, causing printer to not register paper being installed.
Published on 30 Sept. 2011 by well chuffed

Great product, very good value for money. Paper is reasonable quality for the price.

Published 16 months ago by Fluff

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality paper, 30 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Pukka Paper, Everyday 80GSM A4 Pack of 5 Reams (Office Product)
Paper of decent quality, well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Quality Product by Pukka Pads, 31 Aug. 2011
I buy Pukka Pads regularly, having spotted Pukka Copier Paper on Amazon I just had to buy this product. As expected with all Pukka stationery the quality was excellent and delivery by Amazon was really quick and free :-) I buy a lot of copier paper, I will certainly buy Pukka next time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money!, 3 Jan. 2012
I bought this for mass black and white printing with a small laser printer, mostly uni work. (let me refer to a laser printer as 'dry', and injkets as 'wet' - more on this later)
i also print double sided - normal print quality you can see a little bit of the other printed side through the paper but its not so bad that it disrupts your reading. I suspect with 'fastdraft' settings on your printer where it prints quicker and with less ink- hence it will be lighter, this wouldnt be a problem.

I wouldnt recommend printing high resolution colour images with a 'wet' printer on both sides, the ink might soak through a little bit too much but if youre looking at this paper youre probably not looking to do that anyway. youll need 90gsm for better performance.

overall a great product for the money! no hesitation to recommend to others looking to do high volume b&w printing, and light colour printing.
good for uni students on a budget like myself!

2.0 out of 5 stars Great paper - Poor packaging by Amazon AND Pukka means you may have to throw some away, 7 Feb. 2014
Fluff (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews

The downside is, the paper packaging for the individual reams has never been brilliant but unfortunately Pukka have now (Feb 2014) further downgraded the quality of the box that the 5 reams come in. The latest box almost falls apart on you, so its not very good at protecting the reams whilst in transit (especially if sliding around in a larger Amazon box - see below). The older box had a glossy finish and also completely enclosed the paper. The newer one is flimsier cardboard. It also has a matt finish and slots in the ends so its easier to distort, not so good at keeping moisture out and not so good at protecting the corners. Unlike the previous time I ordered, there was no nylon strap round the outer box to keep everything together.... although given that the new box is flimsier, a nylon strap might actually damage the paper.

Combine that with not particularly ideal packaging by Amazon (Amazon box too big - nothing to really stop the flimsy Pukka box sliding around inside) and it means that the product has a reasonable chance of reaching you in less than optimal condition. I know this is supposed to be a review of the product rather than the supplier, but in this case, I think the supplier plays an important part in the equation.

I should also mention that this order was a replacement for a previous order that never actually arrived due to being "damaged in transit". (I wouldn't be surprised if this was the result of packaging failure.)

Both Amazon and Pukka need to sort the packaging out on this otherwise good value item. (That said, I note that 5 ream packs of Xerox Performer and also of 5 Star are now available on Amazon for less than the Pukka Everyday, so I suspect I'll take a punt on one of those next time)
.............................................

UPDATE MARCH 2014:

Been using this latest pack of Pukka paper for a while now and noticed the printer is skipping pages with it. This may just be a printer issue and a coincidence, but I've now had a closer look at this paper compared with some paper from a previous Amazon "Pukka Everday 80GSM" order and this seems to me like it is not the same paper. This paper feels rougher/less smooth than it was last time I ordered it and I am finding there is a lot more bleed through with double sided printing. In fact, with the exception of fine fonts, I'm finding its unuseable for double sided printing.
I've downgraded my feedback and will look for a different product next time. Shame - this has been great value for money paper in the past.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job at a reasonable price, 3 Jan. 2012
I bought this box of paper at a reasonable price but the paper quality is not great for use on an ink jet printer as the ink leaches. If I had paid more for the paper I would have lodged a complaint but it is OK for my purposes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, 14 Nov. 2011
Debs (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
Having used Pukka pads in the past I expected this paper to be a good quality however that wasn't the case. I had bought a new printer and when I used this paper the image was faded and not sharp. I initially thought it was a problem with the printer but when I printed using the paper I usually use (HP) it was fine. I would only suggest buying this if you have lots to print out (as it's fairly cheap) and don't mind the quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably priced paper that works fine with ink jets., 8 Oct. 2011
This sure beats walking down to the local stationers and lugging back boxes of paper!!

Paper was of the quality you would expect to find in an office photocopier or printer. No better or worse than that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for University, 13 Dec. 2012
I have always had a preference for Pukka Pads notepads during my time at University as I have found their paper a little thicker than most other pads and I tend to write with Sharpies and use Highlighters a lot in note taking. So when it came to replacing paper used for my printer I shopped around but decided to go with a brand I knew.

The paper itself is crisp and of a nice thickness on it's own, when using Sharpies, Highlighters, Biro's and Gel Pens on it the ink absorbed quickly and was difficult to smudge. When testing print colours the blacks are clear an defined, the cyan and magenta are clear but the yellow does not pop as clearly as it does on more high quality paper.

Yet the value of this box outweighs the few niggles as it is perfect for a house of students that find it easier to print of the PDF briefs and reading materials and make notes directly onto these printed documents. The only criticism is there is some bleed through when there is heavy ink usage and on bold text, but that is to be expected in all but the most expensive of paper. So I would recommend not using this paper for printing on both sides unless you adjust your printer or document to print in a lighter black for the text.

If you are note taking on these double sided print off's beware that Sharpie and Highlighter ink bleeds through and you have to write lightly with Brio and Gel Pens to avoid the same issue. But for simple notes that are not for presentation purposes this is fine.

I would however suggest for any important purposes, such as your CV, I would invest in some Brilliant or Extra White paper. I was spoilt as my printer came with some Eclipse Extra White Colour Lock Paper, which is very smooth and very white, so I have noticed the difference quickly.

This is the only reason that I have given Pukka Paper 4 stars, is that when placed next to other paper it appears grey and has some bleed through. However the value for money is outstanding and for the purposes of note taking, drafts and printing off Dissertation readings it is perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value Paper, 18 Oct. 2011
As a consistent purchaser of Value paper from supermarkets I thought I would have a look on the Internet before purchasing my latest ream.

Thanks to Pukka I managed to get 5 reams for a small extra cost to the supermarket equivalent. As paper goes it's very typical (80gsm) but it's branded and great value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Budget Printing Paper, 14 Nov. 2011
Kaio (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Definitely not worth the RRP but 40-50% is about right. Compared with Xerox printer/photocopier paper I have just run out of (also 80gsm), this paper is slightly off-white but only noticeable when put side by side. Print quality with inkjet printer is very good.

Will consider buying again.

Pukka Paper, Everyday 80GSM A4  Pack of 5 Reams